Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Tires and Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFlatted... Again...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flatted... Again...
    Posted: October/19/08 at 8:48am
Well, picked up the fourth flat of the year yesterday.   A screw in the sidewall. Unfixable... Didnt want to switch to the winters until next month, but I guess I will make the switch now...

Formerly known as a MINI owner... But no longer... Now I am just a lurker
kulmini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/08 at 9:19am
I switched both minis to winter tires last Friday and yesterday morning and this morning both we had ice on the cars and ice in the water puddled in the drive.   I am thinking we are going to have a wet and cold winter and it seems to be coming a bit earlier.  I would rather be a bit early than a bit late and pay a price for same.
Winston View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/08 at 1:18am
We, too, gave Winston new winter shoes last week.  As ole Alaskans we saw flying geese that were quite ragged/confused in their patterns...heavy winter coming...Ermm
Leon & Cynthia
2007 MCSa CR/W
Premium Package, DSC, MFSW, Nav,SIRIUS, JCW-STB, Alta CAI, Alta Intercooler, NHB, 3rd brake pulsar   "Lead the Way"
beanybb View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/08 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Winston Winston wrote:

...heavy winter coming...Ermm

I agree, with the over-abundance of fruit and nuts on the trees, not to mention the snow that showed up at my house last night (2k-ft), I KNOW it is going to be a long, drawn out winter!!!!!  And with 3 passes to get over to go to work.....
BeanyBaby
A 2005 BlackEye Purple Cabrio
The better half of a two MINI family!
Anna
cheetah View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/08 at 1:17am
Anna,

I hoping and wishing you a short & safe winter season. Maybe working at home might a good idea?

Sanaye
Sanaye

05/MC/Gold, cold weather package, fog lights, Lights in Site, heated seats, leather car bra and Cheetah interiors.
beanybb View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/08 at 2:10pm
Thanks Sanaye, if only working in a pharmacy could be done at home, believe me, I have tried to come up with something!  Closer to home would be nice, but just try getting a job in Ellensburg!  Either someone has to move away or die.  The pharmacies here have had the same people working since I moved here in 1990!  Oh well!  I was in Sammamish (85 miles one way), but chose to come back here when a position opened up, left under duress after 4-ish years and now in Yakima since last year.  (52 miles one way and 3 mountain passes - I call them hills! The Manastash at 2500+ feet, the Umptaneum at 2300+ feet and the South Umptaneum at 2200+ feet.  The smallest doesn't get too much snow, the Manastash the most, but the middle one is the worst as it is on the edge of the weather, so it could have rain/snow, slush, ice, you name it.  It is the reason they shut down I-82.  Many a jack-knifed semi I have seen!

Sorry so wordy!  But thanks again for the wishes!  The MINI blasted through it all in great form last winter, except for 2 separate weeks where I drove the 4Runner as our driveway was 4-wheel only!
BeanyBaby
A 2005 BlackEye Purple Cabrio
The better half of a two MINI family!
Anna
 Post Reply Post Reply