Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Site Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Active Topics - Did you know?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Active Topics - Did you know?
    Posted: December/28/08 at 4:07am

It was mentioned to me recently that it's hard to see what's new on the forum.  If one person mentions it, that usually means there are several more people out there thinking it. 

To see what's new since you last logged onto the psmini website from your computer, just click on "active topics" in the upper right.  There's also a drop down where you can adjust the time frame you want to see. 

The "active topics" reflects everything since the last time you logged onto the site from that specific computer.  For example, if you logged on Friday afternoon from your work computer, but then checked in over the weekend from your home computer, when you go back to work on Monday and click "active topics", it will show everything from Friday, the last time you logged onto your work computer.

phydeaux View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phydeaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/08 at 1:58pm
I'm not so sure that it works with the multiple computer deal, unless that's something recently changed.  When I would log in via my work computer, I would have a different "active topics" than when I logged in later that day from my home machine.  Then, it would be the last time I logged in from that particular computer.

I'm glad to take it all back if I'm wrong.  :)

Mod list '05 DS/B MCS
WA plate "2AAREQD"
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/08 at 11:13pm
Mine works the way Kristin describes.  Thanks for the note Kristin!
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
'13 R60 All4 Oxford Green - HERS
'80 Rover Mini MkVII-EngWh-OURS (really mine!)
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
RevKibosh View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevKibosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/08 at 12:34am
you can also subscribe to the whole board as an RSS feed (click the RSS icon in the top right corner of the forum page).  This might give you more info than you want, but you can read everything new without having to sort through posts you have already seen.
2004 BRG MCS - Gone

--Grant and Kylee
YakiMini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakiMini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/08 at 3:15am
I've been using that from the get go of this design of the site and it saved/saves me SO MUCH Time!
Thanks for mentioning for those who weren't aware!
Mini T
MINI-less... If God allows, I will have one again some day. :D
phydeaux View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phydeaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/08 at 4:55am
Well, as I said, I'm happy to take back everything I said earlier.  Since I now use just a company laptop, I usually access from just one place anyway, so I hadn't had a chance to test what I was mentioning earlier.

May need to go the RSS route, too, just to make sure I get everything.  ;)

Mod list '05 DS/B MCS
WA plate "2AAREQD"
GR8SCOT View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GR8SCOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/08 at 9:35am
Thank you Kristin! Very helpful for us new folks.
Alison
2015 Blue/White MC with white bonnet stripes

Alison
minibot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minibot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/09 at 6:56am
Just don't wipe your cookies. I think it's cookie based. :)
'06 SB/S, all pkgs + LSD, Rear Fog, Euro lights, Euro Parcel Shelf, Glovebox Tidy, BlitzSafe XM Direct, CravenSpeed 15% Pulley, Dinan CAI, 12.1" slotted Wilwoods, O.Z. Ultraleggera 18" bright silver
CosmicTraveler View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CosmicTraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/09 at 12:38pm
I never toss out a good cookie!  LOL
   Take It Easy ... Buck

'06 MCS JCW CR/CR
 Post Reply Post Reply