Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Shopping Mall > NON - MINI Items For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FS 1967 Alfa Romeo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beanybb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS 1967 Alfa Romeo
    Posted: May/27/09 at 5:16pm
Guilia Sprint GT Veloce.  It has been sitting dead (brushes went out in the generator) since 1993.  Not sure of condition.  Spent 2 winters in Connecticut.  There is rust.  Asking any offers.  206.234.5799
BeanyBaby
A 2005 BlackEye Purple Cabrio
The better half of a two MINI family!
Anna
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/09 at 5:47pm
Is this it?

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

beanybb View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beanybb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/09 at 5:50pm
YES!!!!!  Only it was red.!!!!

It had been rear-ended by a car that thought a light turned green, and was fixed like new, but the paint never matched quite right. 

It has well over 100k miles could be over 200k.  Not sure really what odometer reading really was when I bought it in 1980.  It is a great car.  I loved driving it.  Had a great exhaust sound!  All burbly! 

Also have 1981 Dodge p/u.  Not sure of tonnage.  It runs pretty good, just has alway had carb issues.  Old Forest Service truck.  I hauled hay and dump loads.  Will check mileage tomorrow and update later.  May need to use it yet to move.  Does need exhaust hooked back up to the manifold.  Keep loosing the bolts or something!  Has a few dents.  Needs new paint etc,But does the job. 

Edited by beanybb - May/27/09 at 5:56pm
BeanyBaby
Anna
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/09 at 6:10pm
is this better?

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/09 at 6:17pm
this is better

onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/09 at 10:37pm
I will try to get hold of some of my Alfa buddies.  I'll give them your cell number, but ask them to be respectful of the time they call.  Good luck with all the other stuff.

Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/09 at 11:19pm
Boy does that bring back memories.  I bought one of those new in 1967.  I loved that car.  Went like heck, sounded great (expecially with the air cleaner off the Webers.)  Took it to Germany with me and it was stolen there.  Autobans were very fun.  Mine was BRG with a light tan interior. 

Back in those days, personalized plates were just starting and I got ALFEE from Texas where I was stationed.  I moved to Washington DC and was stopped by the local cops who argued for some time that one could not have a plate that didn't have numbers etc.  I don't think he ever believed me even after seeing the registration.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
beanybb View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beanybb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/09 at 12:04am
Wow John!  Those pics are great!  That is what she looked like in her day!  I really miss driving it.  It is currently a sad car, but could look like that again with a bit of work.  Will try to send recent shots.  This one has a black interior.  But it has been sitting for 16 years.  Poor car. 
BeanyBaby
Anna
beanybb View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beanybb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/09 at 12:08am
Aren't the chrome bumpers nice!?  When the woman hit me at the stop light (she just bumped me but....) she could not believe how much it cost to fix.  I told her she would have been better off hitting a Ferrari. LOL  It was well over 5k at the time, and I want to say that was around 1987 or so. 
BeanyBaby
Anna
beanybb View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beanybb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/09 at 12:10am
Originally posted by onramp onramp wrote:

I will try to get hold of some of my Alfa buddies.  I'll give them your cell number, but ask them to be respectful of the time they call.  Good luck with all the other stuff.

Pat
Pat thanks, they can call anytime.  My phone is on 24 hours.  If I don't answer it, it is cause either I am driving, at work, or forgot it in my purse!!!!!  Thanks very much!
BeanyBaby
Anna
beanybb View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beanybb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/09 at 3:37pm
I have to mention a really funny story, although it wasn't funny to HIM at the time!  I had to take the Alfa in to Grand Prix Motors when they were up on Capitol Hill in Seattle for a tune up.  Sidney decided to come with me to work to take the car in with him.  I went zooming around a left hand turn, and the passenger door popped open!  It was like a comedy show!  The look on his face was priceless, as the poor door goes flying all the way open!  I told him he was just lucky to have his seat belt on!  It had never happened before, so I assume he just didn't have it shut tight!  But we were laughing so hard!  Oh man, it was so funny!  He insisted I was trying to kill him - I said I could never get rid of my favorite mechanic!  Honestly, what a laugh that was!

He is the one who wouldn't let me take this car on the track - so while I owned it, it was never at the track - only my '76 which is what I got rid of to get this one.  If anyone knows where Sidney is, I would appreciate knowing!  Someone a long time ago thought he was still with the Ferrari store, but I don't even know where that is!!!!!

Edited by beanybb - May/28/09 at 3:40pm
BeanyBaby
Anna
ktrjones12 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktrjones12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/11 at 6:19am
checking photos around the web, this is a alfa romeo parts (1600 cc) (only 14240 was built). the 1300 has only a single line running across the nose. the subsequent 4 headlamps GTV are evolution of this Veloce.
 Post Reply Post Reply