Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Performance Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2007 Mini Cooper S - Stock Sports suspension

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2007 Mini Cooper S - Stock Sports suspension
    Posted: December/08/09 at 1:33am
Hi,

Looking for some advice on suspensions.

I'm upgrading to the JCW sports suspension and was wondering if anyone knows if the stock sports suspension I had on my 2007 is interchangeable with another MINI.

If i wanted to pass the parts to another MINI owner, do they need to purchase any additional parts or can they just have it installed on their car? Can I install the stock suspension on a regular MINI (non S).

Thanks,
Jasper
07 JCW Dark Grey with black top
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/09 at 6:11am
Before you pull the trigger on that JCW Sport Suspension you might want to consider going to Coilovers. There are several coilovers systems that work well with the R56S.

The benefit of a coilover system is it will give you adjustability of ride height and dampening. I had the S sport suspension and went with JIC Cross. Dropped my ride height and fully adjustable for compression and rebound dampening. Far superior ride on the street and track.

Would think your stock sport suspension will work with other R56 "S" not sure about a non-S but I think it would.

Does the JCW kit change the sways? If all your getting is upgraded shocks and springs do some research on Coilovers. Well worth the money IMHO and the JIC Cross are a good bang for the buck.

Also, make sure you get a good alignment after the install.

Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
Jasper View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/09 at 6:37am
"Before you pull the trigger on that JCW Sport Suspension you might want to consider going to Coilovers."

OK, so I have no shame so I'll just say it.... I already know best bang for my buck is to go aftermarket for upgrades but I dislike non-MINI parts, call me a snob. The lesson from this is I won't get the best value.

But thanks for the advice, I've debated about it for a while, figured I won't know how screwed I got by buying it until after I have it installed. Its kind of like telling a kid the kettle is hot but he still touches it, he may touch it two or three times before he stops.    

Only thing I can do to offset the cost and make myself feel better is to try and hawk the left over parts...

Jasper    
07 JCW Dark Grey with black top
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/09 at 9:59am
Holler if you need help with the install...

Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
 Post Reply Post Reply