Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership - New Member Introductions > Membership Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5-Year Grill Badge status?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5-Year Grill Badge status?
    Posted: January/13/10 at 11:49pm

Hello!

It’s been a month since the Christmas party, and I am still looking forward to receiving my 5-year grill badge.  I know when I inquired after the Christmas party, Martin replied that we would be receiving them “in due time”.  Since we live in the country, I thought maybe mine got lost in the mail, but I’ve checked with 3 other 5-year members and none of them have seen their badges yet, either.

I appreciate that I might receive a faster response if I ask the question via email, but I know the board members are busy and thought that by asking the question here on the forum, only one response would be required, and all of us long time members who are curious as to the status of our 5-year badges would have the answer.

Thanks so much!!!

phydeaux View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phydeaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/10 at 12:46am
Guess I missed hearing about all the cool things by not being able to make the party.  ;)

Mod list '05 DS/B MCS
WA plate "2AAREQD"
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/10 at 3:03am
We did announce some things at the Christmas Party, Eric, and sorry you weren't able to be there.  We also indicated that we'll be providing additional information via the forum and the yearend newsletter, so you'll hear about them then.  Wherever we are able to do things in person and recognize people for their accomplishments and contributions, we want to try to do so and we had an opportunity to do a 'pre-presentation' on the 5 Year Badges at that time and took it, allowing them to be recognized publicly.  It turns out that we only had 1 5 year member attend.  Sorry that some people feel apparently slighted.  Had they been there, we would have done the same for them.

We are working on the announcement, the newsletter, and just received the last piece of the puzzle the end of last week.  In conjunction with trying to get new officers in place and accomplish turnover, we are working on getting the announcement, the newsletter, and the awards out.  All 5 year members will be recognized.  This is a good thing and something we're excited about being able to do. 
Linda
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
Kristin View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/10 at 3:14am
Thanks so much for the quick post.Thumbs%20Up

We were really sorry to miss the Christmas party, but between two family birthdays that same week and getting ready for Christmas, we just couldn't be everywhere. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't feel slighted at all.  I was just simply asking the question, and, I thought, asking it in a friendly, non-threatening manner.  I'm sure that with elections and turning over to the current board, you all have had your hands full.  I didn't get the impression that Rob's was a "pre-presentation".  I'm so sorry if I misunderstood. 

Anyway, glad to know it's still in the works and we'll be seeing them soon.

Kristin View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/10 at 8:07am
Great news in the newsletter that our grille badges will soon be on their way!  I guess I'd better get on line to www.gominigo.com and get my grille badge holder ordered so I have somewhere to put it when it gets here.Thumbs%20Up
GoKart View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoKart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/10 at 5:39am
Just got an unexpected "Cat Herder" grille badge Thumbs%20Up

Thanks very much to the Board... it's very much appreciated!
Kristin View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/10 at 6:55am
Hmmm ... maybe mine will be in the mail when I get home, though at this point, I may be using it for target practice.
kulmini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kulmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/10 at 7:38am
Originally posted by GoKart GoKart wrote:

Just got an unexpected "Cat Herder" grille badge Thumbs%20Up

Thanks very much to the Board... it's very much appreciated!
I too received a 'Cat Herder' badge in the mail today and like GoKart, it was very unexpected.

I thank the PSMini Board and membership for the recognition.  I volunteer not for the recognition but because I enjoy helping others have fun with their MINIs.  I will share the badge with Becki because she is always on-hand with her support.

Thanks Again,
Don

Edited by kulmini - February/12/10 at 7:39am
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/10 at 9:18am
John & Don:
Glad you received your 'Cat Herder' Badges!  Enjoy them, you earned them as did all the others that received theirs.  Most of the people that received them were able to attend the Christmas Party and we were able to thank them as a group.  You were mentioned and recognized in absentia.
Linda
Dizzy_Jenny View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy_Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/10 at 11:28am
Add Jared and I to the list of appreciative cat herders! Much thanks to the board as we are most grateful!  (and our three cats agree Tongue )

Looking forward to 2010 events!

Jenny and Jared
Jenny and Jared

03/MCS/Dark Silver/White Top/White Sport Stripes... otherwise known as Stella :)
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/10 at 11:16am
Thanks for stepping in to help on the Rainier Run last year, Jenny and Jared!  Glad you liked the badge - you earned it! 
Kristin View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/10 at 11:27am

Margaret the Mail-lady has delivered my 5-year badge, pin and certificate.  Thanks!

Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/10 at 3:01am
I know there was a post elsewhere that showed a picture of what these 'Cat Herder' badges looked like but I haven't seen it yet.  Congrats to those who have earned them.  Clap
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/10 at 3:08am
Originally posted by Hapa Haole Hapa Haole wrote:

I know there was a post elsewhere that showed a picture of what these 'Cat Herder' badges looked like but I haven't seen it yet.  Congrats to those who have earned them.  Clap

Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
prs1 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prs1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/10 at 10:02am
Not only did I get my 5 year badge/package, but a cat hearder badge also Thanks
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/10 at 1:18pm
You're welcome, Pete!  Sure wish we had been able to make the Coastal Run with you last fall.  I love going down there and it looks like you had a great time.  Maybe next time!
 Post Reply Post Reply