Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Service Discussions and Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oil Change and inspection at Seattle MINI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Change and inspection at Seattle MINI
    Posted: January/21/10 at 2:44am
While I've generally enjoyed making the hour-long trek to NW MINI for service, it's even nicer to be able to drop my car at Seattle MINI - ten minutes from home - and take the shuttle ride downtown.  A couple of weeks ago, the mailman delivered a postcard from Seattle MINI, offering a $35 oil change and free inspection and car wash.  "Can't beat that", said I.  I made an appointment for 7:48AM, yesterday (apparently, the 7:33 and 7:59 appointment slots were taken? ).  I was met by Raychel in the service department, turned over my key, then waited for the shuttle.  The shuttle is sort of a kick.  It's a Dodge Caravan, dressed to look like a giant Cooper S, with hood scoop, contrasting roof and body colors, stripes, black fender "flares", etc.  I was dropped at my office at 8:20.  Raychel called at 1:20 to tell me the car was ready, and there were no problems to report.  I rode the 306 bus from downtown to within three blocks of Seattle MINI, and was on the road about ten minutes later.  The inspection revealed some oil "weaping" - no drips - around a couple of gaskets, which had also been reported 10k miles ago when I last had the oil changed.  My car hadn't been washed since October - what's the point, in the Winter? - and driving a clean car with fresh oil churning around in the engine made me very happy.  Having cleaned the foam air filter and installed the strut brace last weekend, the car is obviously looking ahead to Spring. 
Thumbs up to Seattle MINI, both for "reaching out" to area MINI owners with the coupons, and for providing a positive service experience (the car is really clean, inside and out; certainly doesn't look like one of those car lot washings that appears to use a push-broom to get the dirt off, and all the fluids are properly topped-off).
'02 Cooper S, Alta pulley, Alta CAI, M7 brace, Madness brace, One-ball, D1 Spec Throttle Controller, ExtremeContact DW, Koni FSD, Boot Box, Glove Box Organizer . . .

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/10 at 3:19am
Sounds like a heck of a deal!  Good on Seattle MINI!  The shuttle van sounds cool too - those MINI people do some clever stuff.

Happy Motoring in your clean, fresh MINI Smile
beanybb View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beanybb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/10 at 12:49pm
I am also taking advantage of the coupon offer this Saturday at 11am!  Whoohoo! I was surprised to get one really! But very happy they can do it on a Saturday! I am also having them look at my headlights, as they "dipped" and never came back up! So a bit difficult driving in the dark, and when you commute 50 miles one way, and both in the dark, it has been interesting to say the least! Thank you Seattle MINI!
BeanyBaby
A 2005 BlackEye Purple Cabrio
The better half of a two MINI family!
Anna
 Post Reply Post Reply