Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Site Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The PM Outbox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The PM Outbox
    Posted: April/23/10 at 7:24am
Is there a reason to NOT be able to delete messages sent by us once those messages have been read?  Now the person receiving the PM has to delete the message they received BEFORE we can delete the message in our Outbox.  Does not seem correct and keeps more server space tied up.

I currently have 47 messages in my outbox that have no reason to be there.

Inquiring minds want to know??!??

Stephen

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/10 at 11:47am

Good question Stephen...  I'd like to delete most of my outbox messages as well.

Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/10 at 1:52pm
We'll have to check on it.  I don't know if it's a setting in the software configuration we can change, but I promise we'll check on it.

WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/10 at 2:02pm
I could be wrong, but I think it's because there's really only one copy of the message in the database - your outbox and the recipient's inbox point to the same message.  Once the recipient deletes it, it disappears automatically from your outbox.  So if you were able to delete it, you'd be deleting the recipient's copy as well.

I know it's not tidy, but the good news is, the count in your outbox doesn't affect your PM space limit.
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/10 at 3:50pm
I suppose that if it does not impact my mailbox then it's O.K.Clap  I was just wondering about overall server space used in doing it that way.

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
 Post Reply Post Reply