Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Performance Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

15% pulley SC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormhyacinth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15% pulley SC
    Posted: July/08/10 at 7:59pm
Ok after a year of having 19% pulley SC . I like it a lot and have trouble free . But I was afraid to redline or pass 5 on the tach. So I just got the ALTA 15% in the mail today .I want to swap them. Any recomend place to do it please or any helper?
Got the 19% installed by Zentech last year for $60 .I just called other day some one qoute $150 is seen a lot I think
ED

FIZGIG View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIZGIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/10 at 10:09pm
Here is my new tech's business card.  It is out on HWY 9 but at $75.00 per hour for labor it is worth the drive.

Sometimes I wish I were catholic. I don't know why?
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/10 at 12:34am
Which brand of 19% pulley do you have ED?
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

stormhyacinth View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormhyacinth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/10 at 1:56am
Not sure but it got to be either Alta or M7 more likely to be M7
ED

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/10 at 3:55am
if you have the alta V2 it is easy to change

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormhyacinth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/10 at 2:53pm
I went to broad stroke associate but they were close . I check under the hood .yes John it is AlTA 19% couldn't tell which version . But the new ALTA 15% is version 2 .one look and I don't I have the skill to do this
ED

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/10 at 3:56pm
As some of you all know I am not afraid to point out some of the short comings of vendors. I also point out the positive to, this is one of those things. Alta went to a lot of trouble designing a pulley that could be easily changed out with different sizes or at least as easy as changing your belt. I think that is one of the nice things about their V2 pulley. So Ed if your 19% is a V2 all you have to do is change the pulley part not the clamp and install a new belt.

FIZGIG View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIZGIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/10 at 10:11pm
You cant do the pulley?  Are you the guy that did the lambo doors? 
Sometimes I wish I were catholic. I don't know why?
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormhyacinth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/10 at 12:19am
Lambo door are easy task just have the gust to cut and bolt on. SC swap I don't know where to begin no instruction .Brokestrokeassociates pretty close my house actually .too bad they were not open today.
ED

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/10 at 12:04pm
There video is not up anymore but here are the written instructions. You don't have to worry about taking the factory pulley off.

You do need a 535 napa belt
http://www.altaperformance.com/shared/documents/instructions/ampeng200v2205v2210v2.pdf

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormhyacinth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/10 at 8:45pm
I though it said 539 for 15%    . 535 for 19%?
ED

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/10 at 9:57pm
You know that part I was talking about above, the good, the bad and the ugly thing.

Alta's belt recommendation for a 15% is wrong.

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormhyacinth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/10 at 10:03pm
Sweet thanks John 535 it is. I have no mechanic skill .good thing you point it out . With 15%may be ivwill get it tune someday soon whenever Jan up here
ED

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormhyacinth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/10 at 10:06pm
Btw can you see if this a good header? Thanks

[URL=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stainless-Steel-Header-Mini-Cooper-S-02-03-04-05-06-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem588899f026QQitemZ380248911910QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories]
ED

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormhyacinth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/10 at 10:13pm
ED

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/10 at 10:16pm
NP, I will look when I get home . Hey Ed you know what might work for you is to do a remote tune from Jan.

Now I see the picture, I will still check it when I get home. But it looks like the cat is on backwards.

Edited by johnf36 - July/10/10 at 10:20pm

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/10 at 10:23pm
BTW Ed I think Tristan still has a OBX header for sale with an dummy cat and the o2 sim

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormhyacinth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/10 at 11:00pm
I already bough OBX cutback I think it gonna loud .I think I didn't like obx header it more for race . I like to keep at least for clear smog check thing .
ED

Post Reply Post Reply