Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Dealer Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Mini Ordered, no JCW Tuning Kit available - Event Date: December/05/10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: New Mini Ordered, no JCW Tuning Kit available
    Posted: December/05/10 at 5:51pm
As some of you know I ordered a 2011 MCSa 2 months ago.  I ordered it with the "JCW Engine Tuning Kit" as well as "Driving Lamps".  Well, apparently Mini Corporate is not releasing the engine kit for another 2 or 3 months and as of today the Driving Lamps are not available.

It is driving me closer to aftermarket stuff...

If you are ordering a new vehicle be prepared for possible disappointments.  As of yet I do not think it is the Dealership.

Stephen

Edited by SMOG - November/16/11 at 6:25am
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/10 at 6:56pm
Oh no! 
Do you need to get that stuff installed at delivery or can you come back later for it? 

Pawsome View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pawsome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/10 at 6:59pm
Afaik, you can always have the kit installed later (was the case for me). The driving lamps, I do not know.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/10 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by CORNERS CORNERS wrote:

Oh no! 
Do you need to get that stuff installed at delivery or can you come back later for it? 

I am told that JCW Tune Kit is 3 months out, or possibly 2, and yes I will have to take the car back and have it installed.

I am supposed to find out tomorrow more about the Driving Lamps.  Apparently there was a switch issue.  Has anyone had troubles with their R-56 Factory Driving Lamps?

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Carmen View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/10 at 5:32am
Originally posted by SMOG-1 SMOG-1 wrote:

[QUOTE=CORNERS]Has anyone had troubles with their R-56 Factory Driving Lamps?
'couldn't drive without them!  (About 60% of my time on the road is in the dark). 

And they're fairly easy to install later (learning where to un-snap the dash and where to run the additional wiring harness was the most difficult part of the exercise) - I installed the parts myself, saving over 50% of the cost of the new car option, since it was a Dealer installation at the time (much like the JCW kit).  I ordered the parts separate along with CARMEN, and took all the boxes home with me when we took delivery (a 2008 MCS, R56, 50K miles and counting).
2008 MCS : almost 92k miles, full Service Bulletin SIM 11 02 07 performed at 63,964 by a Mini dealer. So far, so good.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/10 at 6:11am
Marty:

Thanks for the tip on just getting the parts!  Are there any special tools that might be handy in removing all the plastic clips one might encounter and if so where to get them?

I too am a firm believer in enough light on the road.  Driving lights and extra fogs(yellow) are in my future. 

I was hoping to put the yellow fogs a different circuit(self created) than the factory fogs so they come on independently of everything else.

Stephen

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/10 at 7:44am
Well, SMOG-2 arrived and I have been driving it for a little over a week.  Pretty cool car.  Much more quiet than the 2009 Mini.  The factory driving lights are pretty wide angle and I can see replacing then with Hella Black Magics so I can get some range past the high beam.  Very impressive Mini so far!  Seattle Mini has been pretty good at dealing with the minor hiccups of a custom ordered new car.

S.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/11 at 5:19am
Seattle Mini has done a great job in making sure the Mini works as advertised and have gone out of their way to ensure great Customer ServiceBowDown.

S.

Edited by SMOG - April/13/11 at 5:21am
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/11 at 4:07pm
The JCW Kit for the 2011 is still apparently not available and will not be!  Mods and a tune will be in your future.

S.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/11 at 7:33am
I think the JCW Kit is now available for the 2011+ MINI's, but it still is NOT a JCW!
 in HP & Torque.

Edited by SMOG - November/11/11 at 4:17pm
bobbydanger View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbydanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/11 at 8:55pm
I was told back in July that the release of 2012 JCW cars was going to be delayed by the decision to fit them all with Aero Kits. At that time they were expecting November build dates with deliveries around the first of the year.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/11 at 9:08pm
A friend has a JCW Hatch on order and was told that the delivery date would be the end of Dec or first of Jan also.  This was ordered from a SoCal MINI Dealership.
 Post Reply Post Reply