Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Interior and Exterior Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gauges

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatHammock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gauges
    Posted: January/06/11 at 9:34pm
My 2010 S convertible has a "Openometer" on the left side of the tach.  That leaves very little room to add gauges, like engine temperature (grrr).  Plus trying to read a gauge through the steering wheel seems like a compromise.  I can barely read the top of the tach as is.  

The old schoolers (tuners/hot rodders) attach gauges to their "A" pillar.  However, I've never seen any mini-specific gauge housings on after-market websites.  Anyone put a few gauges on their "A" pillar?  
10 S Ragtop, Interchange Yellow, stripes, most pkgs, few mods-just getting started and need advice.
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/11 at 9:37pm
That is one of the few things I really dislike about MINI...no gauges! Argh! Check out Cravenspeed and Alta...I think they both have gauge pods, but not sure about the R56 or vert with the openmeter.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
It's-a-MINI! View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote It's-a-MINI! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/11 at 9:44pm
Here is a link that may help: http://cravenspeed.com/categories/MINI/

Alta Site: http://www.altaperformance.com/

Edited by It's-a-MINI! - January/06/11 at 9:47pm

Bobbe & Pat

2010 JCW Interchange Yellow Convertible, all packages, Nav,lounge leather,rally lights,park control, Xenon,19mm sway bar.

Post Reply Post Reply