Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional MINIs - MINI Sightings > Eastside - Bellevue Sightings
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I spotted you at 108th Ave NE and NE 4th street!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I spotted you at 108th Ave NE and NE 4th street!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanderskog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I spotted you at 108th Ave NE and NE 4th street!
    Posted: January/21/11 at 12:58pm
Yes you!  All of you!

I know, makes no sense but let me explain.  I sit on the NE corner of the 4th floor of an office building at 108th AVE NE and NE 4th (a large nameless travel company... DOT.COM!!!!).

I'm typically in my office throughout the day in meetings or on the phone and I tend to stare out the windows on the North and East side of the building which offers me a view of every car crossing this intersection.  Needless to say, as a car nut, I notice EVERY MINI that comes through.  Yesterday I saw a silver JCW body kit clubman (drool) and I just saw a R56 with (black/white) with a rack on top.

So, if you're ever crossing the intersection... honk your horn, flash your lights, and say hello!  Ignore those silly people in the crosswalks staring... They just work here.Wink

Todd

2012 VW Golf Pirate Edition... Aarrr! - JACK

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson
LIVESTRONG
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/11 at 1:09pm

MINI perv! LOL

'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Sanderskog View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanderskog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/11 at 1:12pm
Sitting here contemplating whether that is a compliment or insult.  

I'm remain undecided.Raspberry

Todd

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson
LIVESTRONG
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/11 at 2:31pm
Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me!

Signed,
MINI perv and proud of it!
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/11 at 3:28pm
Oh..you can be proud of it Todd. We are all there with you!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/11 at 3:42pm
I was just going through here today. I guess I should have honked or revved up to 5000RPM or something to get your attention! (I'm usually coming up NE4 eastbound heading toward the freeway and going completely too fast through this intersection, so you have to be quick to spot me, haha.)
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/11 at 4:57pm

Todd,

I sit in the big brown building on NE 4th and 110th and am on the side of the building that faces towards yours.  I do the same thing and catch myself pausing when a MINI heads down NE 4th St.  Next time I'm doing it I'll look across to see if I can see you doing the same.
Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanderskog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/11 at 8:17pm
Brilliant Mitch!  I contemplating putting a MINI banner in the window but our building facilities frowns on it. Tongue

LIVESTRONG
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/11 at 12:04pm
I tooted my horn going past here today at about 11:40 (headed toward the freeway). Did anyone see me? 
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanderskog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/11 at 12:42pm
LOL, I was actually waiting at the light headed to lunch and saw (rather heard) you coming/going.  How needs a horn!

LIVESTRONG
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/11 at 12:49pm
Haha. Great, I have been duly spotted (aurally) for the first time!! 
(I was only on the throttle maybe 20%... )
Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/11 at 8:02pm
I too am afflicted with watching MINIs go by N and SB I-5 and into and out of dt Seattle from a birds eye view 21 stories up where I work.  However, this morning we watched a big haul tractor cab burn to the ground on NB I-5 as the driver helplessly watched his means of living go with it.  Sad to see but interesting at the same time.  We also felt and heard three of the tires on that rig blow up from the heat and fire.  Finally SFD shows up and about half way to extinguishing the fire they run out of water.  Amazing.  The cab was long gone before that but still not a good thing to see.  The fire was eventually put out leaving just a pile of metal on I-5.  I prefer looking for MINIs.
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/11 at 8:52pm
Wow. I could say a lot of things about that, but my curiosity has control of me as always so I just will say "I wonder what caused the fire." 

Edited by CORNERS - February/28/11 at 8:52pm
spwright88 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spwright88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/13 at 1:31pm
I live in the apartments behind PSE and my partner works for that unnamed travel company ;) I pass by daily in my solid black 04 mini. Getting red rally stripes on him for christmas :)
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/13 at 3:44pm
RED rallye stripes will look Fabulous on your Black MINI! Thumbs Up
dgordon1216 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgordon1216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/13 at 8:59am
I work across the street at PSE.   I'm amazed at the number of mini's in our parking garage.  If I had guess I'd say we have about a dozen mini owners here in these two buildings.  I'll honk the next time I come out the side entrance.  
"Ivy"
R57 Pepper White/Black top
Mods: Green/black stripes, black on black pillar graphic, stubby antenna, chrome washer jets, chrome side scuttle, and white side lights.
 Post Reply Post Reply