Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional MINIs - MINI Sightings > Seattle Area Sightings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SPOTTED: MINIs on TV driving in the snow!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIMNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SPOTTED: MINIs on TV driving in the snow!
    Posted: February/24/11 at 8:56am
Thanks to KONG 16 (KING 5), I spotted two MINI's driving through live shots this morning!  First I spotted a blue R 56 (?) driving through their live shot in Sammamish and then I spotted a Pepper White/Black with a spoiler driving through their live shot in West Seattle!

Nice to see the MINIs out driving around and not hiding because of the snow.

Stacie

2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)
SuperCoop View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/11 at 9:10am
Snow? Bah, Coop and I laugh at snow, HA HA HA!   =)
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/11 at 9:32am
Snow by its self is not a problem - but be very careful and avoid those chunks of ice that fall off cars and especially trucks and buses.  
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/11 at 9:38am
Originally posted by CINIMIN CINIMIN wrote:

Snow by its self is not a problem - but be very careful and avoid those chunks of ice that fall off cars and especially trucks and buses.  

Good point!  There was a Mini (blue with checkered mirror caps) that was covered in snow that went by our house today.  I am going out if the store is open where I need to get provisions (coffee), very important!!

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
SuperCoop View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/11 at 9:43am
Very good advice!
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/11 at 10:52am
The MINI does great in the snow. If you have good snow tires. It just can't do deep snow.

I will hop in the MINI before the CRV on snow days if it isn't too deep.

Edited by garumph - February/24/11 at 10:52am
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/11 at 1:34pm
How much did you guys get , we have about 2 to 3 inches here but it is real dry so it is fun to blow through
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

shermster View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shermster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/11 at 1:41pm

About 2" on Fox island this AM. Got to Bremerton and 0! clean and dry!!! Cry

WAS...2003 CPR/B MCS 6spd 15% more fun and the MSD sparkers
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/11 at 1:56pm
1/2 inch in downtown Port Orchard @ 28 degrees.

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/11 at 3:26pm
5" in Sammamish. 
My MINI stayed high & dry, but our little trooper took my husband to work today, as always. Tongue

BTW, that's the thumbs-up he's giving from the cockpit. LOL

Edited by Genie B - February/24/11 at 3:36pm
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/11 at 7:42pm
Hehe. Beetles do great in the snow. 
We had no snow yesterday and today... Until about 5pm and then we got whomped with 3 inches in just an hour. I was sick of the spongy feel of my snow tires and heavy S-Lite wheels... I had just taken off the snow tires and put my fun tires back on! 
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/11 at 11:30pm
I got about 5 inches. I had to take the 'ol Explorer because the driveway and gravel road is a sheet of ice. Don't want to risk Zippy's safety in that mess if I don't have to.

Boy it felt weird driving that tank after getting used to a MINI!

Sad I missed the MINI's on TV, but I did see a good number of them on the road the past couple days.
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
DneprDave View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DneprDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/11 at 6:43am
I had to go into town yesterday. We are about a mile from a more traveled road. There was snow on top of ice and a steep hill before the clear pavement. The MINI stayed home, I drove our beater truck, a Ford diesel F350 4x4, it goes anywhere!

Dave
Chili red/ Black roof 2010 Clubman S automatic transmission.

Shadetree mechanic
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/11 at 8:15am
I remember when we'd put a 50-gallon drum of sand in the back of our pick-up to drive in the snow. Worst car I ever owned in the snow & ice was my 1973 Nova supersport. It would be fish-taililng on the ice as you sat at a stoplight. It was always rarin' to go! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply