Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Service Discussions and Questions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Good Experience at SeattleMINI Service Department
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good Experience at SeattleMINI Service Department

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Experience at SeattleMINI Service Department
    Posted: March/10/11 at 2:58pm
I recently had a glitch when getting some warranty work done at SeattleMINI.  After discussing it with my SA (Russell) and the Service Manager, they got me sorted out quickly and without argument.

I appreciate their effort...they went above and beyond the call of duty and got me rolling again.
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/11 at 3:04pm
That's good to hear some positive feedback for once. Thanks for sharing... Smile
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/11 at 10:11pm
Jo's red car is getting a new transmission, and they have found some other things to fix while the car is apart.  They have taken the time to really help her understand what each item is, what her options are, and they will even call me if Jo is unsure about what route to take.  They have treated her really well.  Also, they hosted our silliness with the NW Harvest, and really take an interest in our club.  Good stuff.
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/11 at 6:10am
I take my MCSa in on the 22nd for a few warranty issues (minor) and to repair some mechanical damage done by a bodyshop.  The way they responded to my requests was all very professional.

I will try to respond after the fact to evaluate the experience.

We purchased or first Mini at NW Mini but ordered the second one @ Seattle Mini because of the way they were willing to work with us.  So far Seattle Mini has our vote, just wish they were not so darn far away.

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/11 at 5:20am
Seattle Mini Update.

I took it in for the door sill "S" trim to be replaced because it was dented before I picked up the car.

I also wanted them to look at the fuel pot and fuel door install that Ken's Autobody did in Port Orchard.  Ken's did not seat the fuel pot in far enough and the solenoid for the fuel door did not work.  Ken's also did not match the Pepperwhite paint very well.

Well, after fixing the door sill trim piece Seattle Mini backed SMOG-2 into a pole necessitating a rear bumper cover replacement and painting to match.  When it was headed for the paintshop I asked about having Haury's (Seattle Mini's paint shop) match the fuel door paint.  Ha, what a joke.  Not only does the rear bumper cover not match perfectly but I was told that the work that Ken's Autobody did (which was a worse color match) was, "As good as it gets and if I wanted a perfect match I should send the car back to England to get it painted".  Gee, how bad would it have been if I had ordered the car with one of Mini's fancy paint jobs?!!?  Pepperwhite is the most common color of Mini and they can't match it!

Another little gem of an answer that I was told was the solenoid for the fuel door would not align and "That was what happens when you modify things".  When I purchased the car new I asked if they could do the fuel door swap and would there be any problems with it.  They assured me it was possible to do.  We discussed it with the Service Manager and the Parts Manager and yes it could be done.

I presently have the new Service Manager working on what went wrong with the fuel door since the Parts Manager says all the parts are the same and it should work.  The Service Manager says that they have swapped many Cooper doors for "S" doors but never an "S" door for a Cooper door.   Stay tunedILL.

Stephen

Be careful of what they tell you

Edited by SMOG - March/29/11 at 6:54am
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/11 at 5:05am
WOW!  Seattle Mini has got to be the absolutely the best Automobile Dealership I have every had to use.  Not only did they fix Ken's Autobody mistakes but they fixed the fuel cover pot issue at no charge because they did not get it right the first time.  Wow, what great service!  Now I have a fuel door that is the standard Cooper fuel door that sits flush with the body and the solenoid locking device still worksWooHoo.

Wade, the Parts Manager and Jeff the Service Manager went out of their way generate a satisfied customer and it workedBig smile.

Thank you so much Seattle Mini!!!

Stephen

Edited by SMOG - April/13/11 at 5:15am
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/11 at 6:04pm
Smog, I agree!!! This dealership is great. It's all about the people! They have a good crew. Was concerned at first that Kyle wouldn't be there as much, but Jeff seems to be settling in to his new position.

The entire service crew, from my favorite Rachael, to JP, and Russell to the wrenchs and managers really try to make it a pleasant experience which is a tough job because they are dealing with people/cars that often have problems.

Cheers!

PS: YOUR CAR IS LOOKING GOOD!!!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/11 at 8:06pm
Thanks Boomer!

S.

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/11 at 8:38pm
Always great to hear a happy ending to a MINI experience!
I agree, your MINI is looking great!
Cheers!

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/11 at 10:12pm
That is one hot looking MINI Smog!
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/11 at 5:54am
Thanks guys for the words of encouragement!  The only Mod remaining that I want to pursue are gauges like I have in SMOG-1, and of course a Jan TuneBig smile

S.

Post Reply Post Reply