Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Tires and Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conti DWS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanderskog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conti DWS
    Posted: April/24/11 at 8:08am
Thought I'd post this as I found it valuable.

I love the traction of the DWS but wasn't 100% pleased with the softer sidewall (coming from RF tires EVERYTHING feels soft though).  I did some reading online and a couple people suggested a simple solution, put 2 lbs of air in each tire.  Holy Cow what a difference!  The ride is much firmer and has much less roll at turn in.  I've talked to a few people on NAM that suggested this and they're showing no weird (center) tire wear patterns and have continued to get good performance from the tire.  I've been running this way for a week.

I'm going to drop the air down to +1 lb to see the difference as well.

If you're like me give this a shot.  After being mounted the tires were at 36 lbs.  I'm at 38 now but will drop to 37 today to try it out for a week.

Todd
2012 VW Golf Pirate Edition... Aarrr! - JACK

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson
LIVESTRONG
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/11 at 11:45am
Todd, Yes I would say the sides are a little on the soft side compared to a summer tire. I mine came set at 36 too, I am running 40 on the front and 42 on the rear. I may run it up higher just for test purposes.

John
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Post Reply Post Reply