Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Dealer Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disappointed in Seattle MINI Service

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noonzio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/13 at 12:17pm
I'll clarify my comment - I have not bought either a new or used Mini at Seattle Mini, so cannot comment on their sales or finance departments. I have had one Mini serviced there 3 times (when I was new to the area and naively thought the dealer would be the best place to go) - all three times the level of service, the work done and the way I was treated, was sub par. 

After the second time I complained to the service manager and got a less than satisfactory response - then I wrote a scathing review on Yelp and got a call from someone more senior than the service manager, to tell me that the my service adviser had left and to give them another chance . . which I did. After that third time (terrible again, and damaged the roof of my car) I haven't been back there again, except to buy parts. I've asked the service advisers (the muppets that sit at the desk inside the front door) a couple of simple questions and they've been nothing but patronizing and rude. 

For example:

ME: Hi, do you know if its possible to get a JCW tune installed onto the ECU of my non-JCW MCS?
MUPPET: If you have a JCW yes.
ME: I don't have a JCW
MUPPET: Why would you want a JCW tune then?
ME: OK, goodbye    

Originally posted by Noonzio Noonzio wrote:

I know some people have nothing but good experiences with Seattle MINI, but I've had nothing but bad ones - now the only thing I would use them for is an oil change (if I didn't have the time to drive up to Broadstroke in Snohomish) or an alignment. The only competent people I've ever dealt with in there are two people that worked at the parts desk.
2002 R53 JCW (210) EB/EB
2009 R55 JCW BRG (SOLD)
2004 R53 JCW (210) EB/EB (SOLD)
2006 MCSa PW/PW (SOLD)
2005 MCS DS/B (SOLD)
1999 40LE (Mulberry Red) (SOLD)
Beno View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/13 at 3:52pm
Just the rubber blade.  
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/13 at 3:53pm
I've generally been pleased with my experience at the service department at Seattle MINI.  One thing that's definitely going better these days is call-backs about the status of your car.  There appear to be a few kinks in the online service scheduling tool, but I'm looking forward to seeing that smoothed out.

Maybe that wasn't the best example for what went wrong at your visit, but it seems to me that though they might not have been as well informed as you expected, they weren't the ones being patronizing or rude. 
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
Beno View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/13 at 3:56pm
Actually... It does! Seattle Mini, and NW Mini are both owned by Lithia Motors, of Medford Oregon. They simply follow the policies set by Lithia.

EDIT by Ryan S. McClune: This information is not accurate.

Edited by ipeverywhere - May/26/13 at 9:47pm
FIZGIG View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIZGIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/13 at 8:48pm
Hey if they are part of the Lithia Group go and get your car serviced at Seattle BMW which is Lithia dealership too. I believe service writers are motivated by quotas and with that said they sell services and parts to customers when they are not needed. Im glad I found a stand up honest shop Broadstroke Associates.
Sometimes I wish I were catholic. I don't know why?
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/13 at 11:19pm
Seattle MINI is actually not owned by Lithia Motors. They are owned by a private party-Manfred is the owner.
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/13 at 8:34pm
For $57 you could get two PIAA silicone wiper blades and have change left over, even after shipping.  I can't tell you what a difference these blades make.  I usually go thru two sets of blades in the winter.  Switch to PIAA silicone and see what you think.  I personally thought they were good value for the money, but after seeing $57 for factory blades, these blades are a STEAL!

Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
Pawsome View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pawsome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/13 at 7:29pm
I usually find myself in the "sigh Seattle MINI" camp unless the SA is Raychel. I went into the dealership last week and everything was a breeze and Raychel took care of the service and there were no surprises. I bought the extended maintenance (yea yea hindsight etc etc) but I am going to switch to Broad Stroke in a few months once the extended maintenance expires. 

Still, with the number of MINIs on the road now (when I bought mine, I used to see one or two a week; now I see a couple dozen a day), it might be possible that they are stretching themselves thin. Not making an excuse for them and I don't think subpar customer service is acceptable. It was a nice visit to the dealership though. I liked checking out the Paceman (should've been called the Expensive Uglyman), the 2013 JCW GP (the one of 2000 ever made) was very very sharp looking and I bet it's a hoot to drive but at $43K. 

Knowing what I know now, use the dealership for the first 3 years and then switch to a reputed local shop. Unless it's a warranty issue / road-side assistance in which case you're good for 4 years. Or buy a Porsche Cayman and deal with the issues that come with the Porsche dealerships in the area  Tongue
Beno View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/13 at 8:25pm
I too regret ever paying for an extended warranty. Live and learn....
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/13 at 9:48pm
Hi everyone, your PSMINI President here. Please continue to discuss the service departments at the various dealers in our area as well as the independent shops that support MINI and our club. But, please keep the information you share accurate, factual, and directly related to your personal experience.

PSMINI values the support we get from MINI, the dealers, and the independent service shops. For that reason we want to make sure the information shared on our forums is accurate. This will keep us from having to delete or edit mis-information.

Again, keep the discussion going and we appreciate your support in this regard.
FIZGIG View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIZGIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/13 at 6:04pm
Was I the only one who received a pm from the president stating other board members did not like my comments about Seattle Mini?
Beno View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/13 at 6:10pm
No... you weren't the only one.

FIZGIG View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIZGIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/13 at 6:00am
Originally posted by Beno Beno wrote:

No... you weren't the only one.

Thats funny!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12