Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Interior and Exterior Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roll Bar in an R53

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbydanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roll Bar in an R53
    Posted: July/03/11 at 11:40pm

Hey everyone,

So I recently had a roll bar custom fabricated for my car and Im so happy with the results that I wanted to share it with you. I was most happy with the guy who did it and I promissed to share with everyone so perhaps anyone interested in doing something similar would give him a shot.
His name is Doug Chase  and he can be contacted through his web site www.chaserace.com
He also built a full race cage for Martin Wild (wildfamily) in his PRO3 race car and Martin referred me to him and I couldnt be happier. You will see in the pictures that I had him build mine as a Bolt In but he fabricated it into the car first then we cut it out and reassembled it as a bolt in.  It fits super tight Much better than any Prefabbed bar ever could, and he made sure it conforms to at least half a dozen various race organizations including Navada state open road race rules. To say he went above and beyond what I was expecting is an understatement. He just doesnt believe in short cuts or skimping when it comes to safety.
He does great metal fabrication work out of his own shop out in Duval. He charges a very reasonable hourly rate and while he is very busy working on Professional Rally Cars and other race cars he made time do this for me.
I had the bar Powdercoated to color match the Pepper White exterior of my car and I think it was the best idea since black would have been so drab.  The only thing that is going to make me sad is if I have this converted to a full cage I wont be able to match the powdercoat since the rest will be built in the car.
Here are a few pictures and Im including a link to the whole set I have including fabrication and installation

BD

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/11 at 11:46pm
Cool! When are we going to see you at Pacific Raceways? 
bobbydanger View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbydanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/11 at 12:32am
considering a PGP lapping day Aug 10th
other than that nothing in washington
Im trying to financialy recover from a long term of unemployment
Many thousands of dollars in car upgrades this year
and my trip to Nevada, Lake Tahoe and Monterey

BD
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/11 at 6:04pm
Glad Doug did a good job for you! He does great work!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
 Post Reply Post Reply