Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Site Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/11 at 7:47am
I checked to see if that was what was happening and that box is NOT checked.  There are separate boxes to Clear Cookies, Clear Cache, Clear History, etc.

Would "Clearing Offline Web Site Data" be a problem??

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/11 at 8:18am
I would not think so but who knows.  Roy?
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/11 at 8:43am
I will try to see if it makes a difference, although this time the View or Reply to Post option seemed to work OK!!!?

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/11 at 8:44am

Did you close your browser between tries?

Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/11 at 10:42am
 Also, when viewing the forum from my mobile device, the page is formatted to a mobile view, which is nice, but all the graphics are truncated on the right. (If I scroll the screen over, the graphics are cut off)

This is on iPhone. It looks good on Android. 
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/11 at 10:15pm
SMOG,
It sounds like you may have a corrupted cookie.  If you're still having problems, try clearing internet cache, then clearing cookies, close all browser windows, then start fresh with a new IE session and see if that takes care of the issue.  You don't want to clear cookies each time, just once to clear the "bad" cookie.

CORNERS, the mobile display is an all or nothing matter, we (and Web Wiz) unfortunately don't have much control over how graphics display on your iPhone.  There was some discussion of this issue on the Web Wiz support forums, and there might be some image resizing code that could be added to fix this, but no promises...

You might try talking to Steve Jobs.  (And while you're at it, maybe you can convince him that Flash is an Internet standard, and he should just get over it!)  Popcorn

Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/11 at 10:35pm
I've cleared my cookies and browser history as well and will see if it helps. 
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/11 at 12:03am
I cleared cookies, still same problem. Browser won't  "keep me logged in". 

I also still have the problem of not always receiving email notification for some new posts. 

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/11 at 5:37am
Mine seems to be working OK now.  Maybe there were automatic system updates that corrupted the files until all could be cleaned up/cleared.

K: funny thing is that I have an i-Phone too (Verizon version)and I seem to get full graphics!

S.

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/11 at 1:04am
The forum seems to have lost its custom settings. Roy, are you doing some troubleshooting?
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/11 at 1:33am
I agree Kurt it is all messed up , what happened.
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/11 at 3:25pm

FYI, Roy's off with the group heading to MINIs in the Mountains. 

Kurt, when you say the forums have lost "custom settings", what are you referring to? 
John, What does "all messed up" mean?
It's really helpful if you can provide specific examples of what you're seeing.  If something doesn't work, it helps to know what that means - did nothing happen?  Did you get an error message?  If there was an error message, what was it?  Screen shots of errors if possible. 

Kurt, are you logging in on two different computers / devices?  If I log in on our laptop, and leave myself logged in, then log on from the desktop PC, I'm no longer logged in on the laptop.

Roy's likely to do troubleshooting on widely reported issues, but if you're the only one reporting a problem, it's unlikely to be anything on the forum end.

Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/11 at 10:39pm
The behavior I noted was the forum seemed to have reverted to default appearance settings. Instead of the PSMINI artwork at the top of the forum, it showed the default Web Wiz logo. The forum color scheme was different as well. Everything looked normal again the next morning. It appears that John saw the same thing. 

My cookie/login problem seems to be finally resolved. 
I had deleted all cookies related to 'psmini', but it didn't resolve the problem. I tried again with deleting ALL cookies, and that seems to have done the trick. 

Remaining issues: 
Photos still appear truncated when viewing via iPhone browser. 
Not possible to watch youtube embedded videos in full screen, or click thru to youtube.com (where it would be possible to watch in full screen). 

These are less critical. 

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/11 at 4:46am
Kurt:

You are fortunate that the cookie log-on issue got cleared up for you; mine is back!  I can no longer log-on from the link in the notification email and every time I visit PSMINI I have to log-on AGAIN!!!!

Other sites I visit remember me and there are no log-on issues with them.

Stephen

ps:  odd, now it is working!  Sort of like a MINI, it has a mind of it's ownSmile

Edited by SMOG - August/07/11 at 5:13am
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/11 at 11:54am
Good to know it is working again for you. It was frustrating. 
It worked for me by clearing all cookies (not just cookies that seem PSMINI related)
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/11 at 2:32pm
I think that was what I did as well to solve the problem.  Dump, Cookies, Cache, History, etc. and start over.

Amazes me that there were "Other cookies" involved with PSMINI....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12