Forum Home Forum Home > Shopping Mall > NON - MINI Items For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pure Lead

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pure Lead
    Posted: July/21/11 at 4:19pm
I have pure lead ingots for sale.  They were purchased new from a commercial lead supplier in Seattle several years ago and have been in my garage all that time.  Over the years I have used about 1/2 of the original quantity and will be using no more of it, so, I am selling the remainder.

The price varies with the quantity.  I have 1200 lb.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/11 at 4:44pm
Anybody here doing a 49 - 51 Merc custom?  This would just about do the job...

Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/11 at 8:51pm
did the Alchemy class fall through??
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/11 at 8:53pm
Good One John!   LOL
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/11 at 6:04am
LOL, no, the classes went wellLOL

I used about half of the original purchase for target shooting artillery in competitions and what I am selling is the remainder.  I got tired of moving heavy guns around as I got older.

The stuff would be good boat ballast!

S.

Edited by SMOG - July/22/11 at 6:09am
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/11 at 6:39am

Whew.  At first I thought a few of my kids friends were by your house and the lead fell out of their pants.

As a former artilleryman, I must say that looks like a gas.  I love to blow stuff up.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/11 at 7:08am
No kids here!  I had a 155mm Mortar that threw a 14 lb projo a 1/2 mile, but you should have seen the look on a 12 year olds face when he pulled the lanyard on a 1941 57mm anti-tank rifle!  The kid was soooo jazzed to to feel that several ton gun leap into the air a foot and recoil enough to dig in its spades.  His Dad had about 114 tanks,mobile howitzers and SCUD missile launching systems (all demilled to Govt Spec). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsLhu7x0kjs

His other hobby was trains, full size ones!

S.

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/11 at 7:10am
That doesn't leave much after you hit the deer or elk.

I was wondering why you would need all that lead, figured maybe a Viking warship.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/11 at 7:22am
I would destroy meat for sure!  We almost did hit a deer one year when a couple of bucks wandered out onto the 500 yard target line as I was firing.  The shot went between them but as I was assured by a native American who was shooting with us he would claim the kill and I would have been off the hookBig smile.  I kidded him about going up and sticking an arrow into what would have been left.

Here is a better web site of Mr. Littlefield's Museum, note the screw off the RMS Lusitania!

http://www.mishalov.net/military-vehicles/military-vehicles.html

S.

Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/11 at 7:42am
I used to love to pull the lanyard on a 155 Howitzer and watch the entire thing jump off the ground.  At that time, we were using 45cal bullets for ear plugs too.  Work pretty good once you get over the idea.

The real fun though was calling in artillery (Forward Observer) and watching stuff blow up. 
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/11 at 8:17am
Being an F.O. you were constantly praying that dialing in the coordinates got it correct!

We used cigarette filters for ear plugs but none worked very well.  One night we were ground guided into some positions and told to "face that direction", little did we know that 25yds away these 175mm's were shooting right over our heads!  We got a pretty rude awakening a couple of hours later when H&I Fires started...

This was my machine and as you can see it was not very friendly to the ears, yet the VA says my hearing "Is within normal limits".  Yeah, right, as normal as a doorknob!

Edited by SMOG - July/22/11 at 8:24am
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/11 at 8:37am
I'm right handed so most of my hearing issues are on the right side from facing sideways.

When I was at Ft Sill, we used to watch the 175mm and 8" shells fly overheard.  They make a terrible whistling sound and I was alway amazed that you could actually see them if you were looking in the right place.

And yes, I am an expert map reader.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/11 at 8:46am
Map reading would be essential for that F.O. position!

The concussive force of ignition is horrendous and equally bad on the receiving end! 

Yes, you can watch artillery projectiles fly and they do make an eerie whooshing noise as they fly. A worse noise is when all the guys groan as the mail helicopter flies into a salvo of 155's and is blown out of the sky.  If you keep your eyes open and the light is behind and off to the side of you it is possible to watch 45acp rounds flying, sort of like watching an M79 round fly.

Edited by SMOG - July/24/11 at 8:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply