FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBad experience

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/11 at 6:42pm
BTW - Jack - I would be happy to go with a club officer to present Fizgig's complaint/issue.  I certainly think my friend had the same experience and was confused about what to do.  She was actually worried about how much farther she could drive the car before it blew up.  I don't think that was the dealer intent.  I do think she no longer trusts them...

Let me know your thoughts.

Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/11 at 7:18pm
Hey Pat - I think Fizgigs rant was in respnse to my post - where I mentioned working with the dealer on how to handle service recommendations and repairs - and educating members about what some of the actual issues involve in terms of time, materials, etc.  I think he was taking it as being personally directed at him. 

Look for a PM shortly - and thanks for the offer to work on this.
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/11 at 7:47pm
Trying to inform the Dealerships to improve their Customer Relations/Service Depts can only benefit both the Dealerships AND the Customers/us...

I can yell and scream all I want but all it does is raise my blood pressure and alienate the person at which I am yelling; nothing positive accomplished.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
scoopieb View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/11 at 8:54am
Originally posted by onramp onramp wrote:

Sorry, Fizgig - didn't mean to criticize you -  no lesson intended whatsoever.  You stated a problem which is different than lots of other folks experience.  Believing that they have a new sales tool that is making members unhappy is something that should be brought to their attention before it makes a LOT more people unhappy.

I've dealt with a lot of businesses over the years, and owned or part owned two automotive repair related businesses.  I never once wanted to make a customer unhappy, but you can't keep everything perfect all the time.  I ALWAYS wanted to hear about problems I caused, but like I tell the students at the track - if there is a problem, temper doesn't help.  Calm down and let's fix the situation.

I also don't mind members relating problems they have, but I hope they are looking for potential solutions rather than continuing a rant.  From that standpoint, I have to admit disappointment in your response.  I'm not trying to be offensive, but would hope you would rather look for a solution.  You can't really ASSume that the dealer doesn't want to fix this problem...

Pat

Well said.  It needs to be brought to their attention and if they have good mgmt/ownership it should be corrected.  If not, they won't be in business long. 
Unrelated to SEA Mini but along the same lines is a story about my mother-in-law who lives in Belfair, WA and had always had her truck worked on by the same shop.  This shop did an $800 brake job 4 months ago.  She came to my house one day (in Kent, WA) and when she arrived all her idiot lights were on and the front driverside wheel was almost on fire it was so hot.  Turns out the caliper was stuck causing friction.  After a few phone calls to the shop they said there wasn't anything they could do, too bad.  I had my mechanic look it over and his comment was with over 120K on it he would've changed the calipers or gave the option too.  He also mentioned a few other things that needed to be checked out. Long story short she started looking for different mechanic in Belfair. In the meantime, she brought it back to the shop to look at the items my mechanic mentioned.  While there she thought she'd try asking them again about the brakes and why they didn't replace the calipers or even suggest it.  The person at the front counter gave her the same"there's nothing we could have done, sorry".  With that, the owner who had been in the back room listening came out, apologized, and wrote her a check for the full amount of the previous brake job.  I guess the moral of the story is mistakes will happen and if the right people find out they will be corrected.  She's happy and still uses the shop.
06 MCS RMW BVH, Street cam, RCA, coolant tank & Tune/Dinan CAI/Alta 15%V2/Dinan exhaust & ST/OS Giken GT/Carbon fiber/MOMO/BC coilover/swift
DneprDave View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/11 at 9:54am
I'd like to think the front counter person got a talking to by the boss, afterwards.

Dave
Chili red/ Black roof 2010 Clubman S automatic transmission.

Shadetree mechanic
firehawk618 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/11 at 5:48pm
Bottom line folks, you service will ONLY be as good as the people involved.  Period.
*SOLD* 05MCS, added too much to list. 193k miles
kjcan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/11 at 7:40pm

First, I would like to apologize to those who feel like we are trying to rip off our customers.  That is not our intent.  We do have an inspection process that is offered to customers at no charge.  What is done with that information is up to the customer.  It is our job to let you know the condition of your vehicle, and yes, we will provide you with an estimate for repair in our shop.  If this process has been compromised, I would like to get to the bottom of it.

Additionally, Service Advisors will make recommendations to you based on MINI's benchmarks. Coolant is 4 years or lifetime and brake fluid is 2 years. The service reminder program built into R56 models and newer (CBS data) will also turn on your service indicator at these intervals.

Seattle MINI has gone to great lengths to ensure our pricing is competitive with the Seattle market.  Our hourly rate is considerable less than some of our largest independant competitors in the Seattle area.  Where else can you get a synthetic oil change, vehicle check, fluid top off and car wash for $69.99?
I would love the opportunity to go over these situations with those who feel like we have inaccuratly presented the facts. My name is Kyle Canalizo, I am the Service Director for the auto group.  I can be reached at 206-588-4225 through the end of this week or by email at Kyle@SeattleMINI.com at any time.

onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/11 at 8:25pm
Hiya, Kyle:

Glad you chimed in here.  A couple of us were going to come over (maybe next Wednesday) to let you know how some folk had misinterpreted what was going on, and how the service writers could maybe present the info differently.  I know JD and Raychel, and couldn't be happier with the way they take care of my wife and her car, and I know Bert, Terry and others at NWM, and couldn't be happier there.  If I EVER have a complaint, I know the situation will be explained well and taken care of if possible.

BTW - you guys had Jo's car in today to check out a light.  All done, no charge and the car was washed.  JD sold us the part to fix the situation, and knows I will and can take care of it. Jo was really happy.

So - two points.

The first is please contact a board member if you think one of us members might be a bit overboard.  The board might not be able to stop the griping, but at least the other side of the story can be introduced somehow.

The second is maybe a bit more difficult, but you da man, and I know you guys will think this over.  You know I get a lot of folk over to my little garage, and I help them learn to do some routine maintenance or install some mods.  Lots of times, they are here because funds are tight and they want to keep their car in good shape.  We can talk specifics off line, but a friend was presented with a multipoint inspection form with the green, yellow and red items, along with an estimate to fix the problems.  The friend was so taken back by the estimate that she was considering selling the car and looking for a used Honda.  I don't think this is a unique situation.  I'm not sure how you could change the presentation, but I don't think you want to lose a customer, either.  I know you aren't presenting the facts inaccurately, but sticker shock is sometimes an issue.

Overall, there may be an opportunity in all this somehow.  Kurt Hammond (board member from PS Mini) is talking with Jeff.  We can come visit on Wednesday afternoon if you want, but overall - this maybe isn't that big of a deal.  Dunno.  Let us know what you would like us to do.  You are a great supporter of the Mini Clubs, and we appreciate it. 

Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
FIZGIG View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/11 at 9:10pm
I really think it is great that a representative from Seattle Mini would come in here and weigh in on what they might think went on or what your processes are.  I have already talked to a service manager on the day of the whole deal and he sympathized with me how Seattle Mini's computer program is flawed which I believe but I do think when you KNOW you have flaws with the program you should train your service writers to explain what is really in need of replace or repair.  I do believe offering a free inspection is a great way to help customers know the status of their cars IF your inspection told the actual truth of what is contaminated or not.  I really dont know any place where you go and get a synthetic oil change, vehicle check, fluid top off, car wash for $69.99, or wheels and tires for almost $4000.  The prices were not my main concerns for myself but they were for the whoknowshowmany people who might of received a flawed inspection report and fixed everything Seattle Mini confirmed as being in poor condition when it might not of been.  I would like to meet with the owner and GM of Seattle Mini to voice my concerns if they are available.  I will still shop at Seattle Mini's Parts department but i will have to pass on the service department unless there is a recall.My number is 206-799-9993  Thanks again for the reply.

Originally posted by kjcan kjcan wrote:

First, I would like to apologize to those who feel like we are trying to rip off our customers.  That is not our intent.  We do have an inspection process that is offered to customers at no charge.  What is done with that information is up to the customer.  It is our job to let you know the condition of your vehicle, and yes, we will provide you with an estimate for repair in our shop.  If this process has been compromised, I would like to get to the bottom of it.

Additionally, Service Advisors will make recommendations to you based on MINI's benchmarks. Coolant is 4 years or lifetime and brake fluid is 2 years. The service reminder program built into R56 models and newer (CBS data) will also turn on your service indicator at these intervals.

Seattle MINI has gone to great lengths to ensure our pricing is competitive with the Seattle market.  Our hourly rate is considerable less than some of our largest independant competitors in the Seattle area.  Where else can you get a synthetic oil change, vehicle check, fluid top off and car wash for $69.99?
I would love the opportunity to go over these situations with those who feel like we have inaccuratly presented the facts. My name is Kyle Canalizo, I am the Service Director for the auto group.  I can be reached at 206-588-4225 through the end of this week or by email at Kyle@SeattleMINI.com at any time.

Sometimes I wish I were catholic. I don't know why?
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/11 at 11:54pm
Hi everyone. 
I think we've had some great discussion on this topic. I'm going to put this thread into read-only mode at this point, pending additional discussion with the dealership. 
Thanks everyone, 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12