Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More fun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More fun
    Posted: November/18/11 at 4:58pm
Got another great link from my new son in law, Matt who may work out yet.

Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/11 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Rob N Rob N wrote:

Got another great link from my new son in law, Matt who may work out yet.

Love the quote, Matt who may work out yet--------------Too much!

But getting back on topic, really think this B spec class could be exciting. Some of the comments on the website about NJ are a little over the top.

Interesting that it's NON "S" cars. Really up to the driver and could be as exciting as Pro 3 for BMW.

COOL!

Cheers!

07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/11 at 8:16pm
Question is what engine???

Keeping in mind RSR had to fight to change out the ECU's so they could be reliable and that is on the R53 build. It wasn't untill this year Mini finially was competive. Also ya might laugh but the KIAs are kicking but and there is some heated blood between the 2. The last race of the year Tinker would have had 1 st if he had not lost his shifter.

Great series to watch and Greg's Stangs are causing alot of trouble out there too.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/11 at 8:37pm
This has been out for the last few days on Motoring File:

Good site - worth checking out at least once a day or so...
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

searocko View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote searocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/11 at 10:00pm
...veddy interesting.... Wink
Larry

2005 JB/W MCS:RMW Tuned 215hp/187tq,cam|TSW x-brace|Cross Coilovers w/Swift Springs|OZ Alleggerita|Direzza|Scorpion Exh|etc.
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/11 at 10:14pm
This is really good to see. I've been wondering what had to be done to get more MINIs racing in the states. B-spec is a great class and perfect for a first foray into racing. It's a very competitive, relatively inexpensive class and focused on driver development and skill rather than big $ and horsepower. Hmmmm reminds me of PRO3 but in brand new cars rather than 25 year old war horses.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/11 at 10:48pm
Will it be for R56 only, or for R53 as well? 

Speaking of PRO3... I was stuck in traffic on 520 today, when a BMW E30 sort of cut me off. I decided to let it slide since it was a nice looking 325is with Team Dynamics racing wheels... He probably knows how to drive better than anyone else within a 300m radius... 
swpars View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/11 at 11:02pm
From the literature I've seen, it sounds like the stock N/A 1.6 liter Prince motor will be used.

If it turns out to be tough enough for racing, that's great...now we can feel better about redlining that little coffee grinder Clap
'12 Mini Cooper 6AT
'04 BMW 330i 6MT

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/11 at 12:44am
Sorry to confuse the current Street tuner class in Grand Am with this new group. I was just trying to point out that they other manufactures bring a lot to the table.I don't think this is a  be slam dunk for Mini in a Just-A this is a tough competition  Chevrolet Sonic, Fiat 500, Ford Fiesta, Honda Fit, Kia Rio, Mazda2, and Nissan Versa.

http://www.scca.com/news/index.cfm?cid=50872

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/11/b-spec-racing-its-like-trans-am-for-the-pre-post-scarcity-era/

Good pictures here
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/11/mini-cooper-b-spec-adds-more-excitement-to-budget-racing-2011-la-auto-show.html

Mark your calender for the first 3 races in WC.
http://www.world-challenge.com/news/story.php?story=2325

Last a good thread on the subject
http://www.sccaforums.com/forums/forumid/7/postid/417405/scope/posts
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/11 at 6:34am
This is what I was hoping would happen when I raced mine (2003 - 2006) but didn't happen.  Been there, did that.  It still looks like fun. The Hoosiers are a good tire, at least they were back in the time, quicker than the Toyo's but they didn't last nearly as long, and as I found out, I needed to replace the Toyo's every four races. It adds up really fast.  But, as they say, that's racing...
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
 Post Reply Post Reply