Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional MINIs - MINI Sightings > Seattle Area Sightings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spotted in The Seattle Times

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spotted in The Seattle Times
    Posted: November/23/11 at 6:43pm
Who is impersonating a boat with their Justa?  Todays South end Seattle Times, NW Wednesday (B) section, page one.  Appears to be Yellow with Black top and Black racing stripes on the hood. A very wet Lake City Way NE at NE 117th during Tuesday's storm.  
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/11 at 7:00pm
Dave - that was in the North Edition also - Anybody we know?
Looks like it is time to post the annual reminder - for those who have not read the owners manual in a while:

Do not drive your MINI in water over 12" deep - and if it is close to that depth, drive at a walking pace only.  MINIs are susceptible to hydrolocking (water in the cylinders) that can completly destroy an engine.
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/11 at 6:27am
I missed that one Dave!  Did a Mini go swimming???

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/11 at 8:17am
Just a little bit Stephen.  The splash on the drivers side was up to the roof line and the splash on the passenger side was twice as high as the MINI itself.  Kinda dumb...
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/11 at 8:22am
Here is a link to the picture:

(You have to view a commercial first)
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/11 at 12:35pm
Must have been a South West driver caught in the dreaded rain of the PN WestBig smile

The Ad that I watched was for Tofu noodles, which reminded me of some really good tofu doughnuts in Japan!

Thanks Jack.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/11 at 2:53pm
I'm giving this MINI owner credit for having his/her headlights on!  Can't believe how many people drive their cars in the pouring rain (and/or almost dark) without their lights on.  You get the hydroplane spray on the freeway and a car color that blends in with the weather and you can barely see them in front or in the rearview. Can't believe people don't realize they can't be seen and TURN ON THEIR LIGHTS!    (Guess it's obvious that this is a pet peeve with me).

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/11 at 2:57pm
You are correct, use your lights!!

Also, WEAR LIGHT COLORS WHEN WALKING ALONG SIDE THE ROAD IN THE DARK!!!!!

swpars View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/11 at 11:00am
I've done that with a Subaru Outback, but that's with 8 inches of ground clearance and an air intake that's mounted pretty high in the engine compartment.

What that Justa needs is a snorkel.

'12 Mini Cooper 6AT
'04 BMW 330i 6MT

valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/11 at 2:37pm
It probably looked like that on Tuesday morning at 0250 when I hit some standing water on the West Seattle Bridge that I did not see.  I was going 65 or so and I slowed down to about 40 while going through the water.  I was too busy holding the steering wheel in the center to think about hitting the brakes, so I know the water is what slowed me down.  It was so violent some of my black cladding came loose.  Amazingly, the car is fine other than that.  That person probably saw the puddle and went anyways, or maybe they were on a test drive!

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/11 at 4:16pm
FWD shines in those situations if you don't lift off the gas to fast; slight even pressure and then the front end stays in front!

Glad you were able to stay on the bridgeThumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply