Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Dealer Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

All Season Tires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All Season Tires
    Posted: January/02/12 at 7:13am
I ordered a new MINI and took delivery Dec 2011.  It came as ordered EXCEPT it did NOT have the All Season tires that I ordered.  It came with High Performance Summer tires.

Why do I have to buy all season tires if I ordered and paid for something I did not get?

These tires have been sitting inside my shop since the first week I received the car.  Now I have a big question mark as to why I have them?????

Pretty nasty business practices on the part of MINI.
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
BLUEDIA View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLUEDIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/12 at 7:01pm
we ordered our mini with the all season tires Oct. 8th. 2 months later we got notified that they could not do that with the JCW package. that was their reason 4 the delay. Come on 2 months later u figure this out. it should have been red flagged either at order time or at least 2 weeks later. Well it is now 4 months later N R baby should b home soon, she landed in LA thur. morning. I think Mini needs to rectify this.

Good luck
Dona (Dona'sMINI) Drive
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/12 at 7:11pm
Yep only high performance with JCW

It also gets confusing with S, sports packages and aero kits.

You really can't get rubber Alacart
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/12 at 9:04pm
I think it is a scam because the car is made in England, which is known for not so nice weather, engineered in Germany, where the weather can be brutal in the winter yet All Season tires are an option!!??!!??  They are just trying to sell you another set of wheels and tires which are horribly over priced.

I "built" my car and checked the option for All Season Tires and yet upon arrival I was told they could not do it.  Bull...Just a scam.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/12 at 9:31pm
I here ya but I believe on an episode of white roof the guys talk about this issue and if I remember the all seasons don' t come as Z rated tire and the all seasons only end up on the Justa because of the speed rating

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/12 at 10:50pm
Got all factory seasons on my 2006 cooper S - and more recently on our 2012 Countryman (All4 "S") H rated.
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/12 at 11:15pm
Could be why you can't get them on a JCW

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/12 at 5:38am
I could not get them on my "S" according to Seattle MINI.

Jack, you got lucky, one slipped by them...  I now have a set of Summer Runflats with 100 miles on them and they have had that 100 miles for over a year.

Post Reply Post Reply