Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Tires and Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is it?
    Posted: February/02/12 at 8:05am
Do any of you have this part on your Coopers???  It is shown as part number 15 on realoem.com

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=MF33&mospid=50030&btnr=51_6480&hg=51&fg=80

Mine does not seem to have it and when viewing realoem.com #15 is not listed, although it is shown.

I noticed I am missing 2 of the 3 little rubber pads(rectangular) that seem to be spacers/bumper pads that go between the fixed spare wheel carrier and the spare wheel.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
SuperCoop View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/12 at 8:39am
I don't have a spare, but 15 looks like the bracket that keeps the spare on it's carrier. The rubber pads are most likely anti-rub pads or something?
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/12 at 11:27am
Yes, the rubber pads are just that but number 15 is not there!??

I just made some rubber spacers/pads to replace what was missing and the rattle is not there now.  I will test drive it later today.  Part 15 is a mystery...

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
 Post Reply Post Reply