Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Dealer Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MINI -10 Years In America. - Event Date: March/22/12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Sponsor
PSMINI Sponsor
Seattle MINI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockystone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: MINI -10 Years In America.
    Posted: March/17/12 at 11:06am

A decade of MINI in America is coming on March 22nd, and it's time to celebrate!

That's right, for 520 weeks, 3,563 days, 87,672 hours, and 5,260,320 minutes MINI has been occupying U.S. soil. We went from one model to six, started a revolution of small, created a passionate community of owners, and put 400,000+ MINIs on the roads along the way! Thanks to you, our owners, for making 10 years of MINI in America so monumental.

And what would be a celebration without a cake?  Specifically CUPCAKES!  We have partnered with Cupcake Royale. On Thursday, March 22nd Seattle MINI  is inviting you to enjoy a very special cupcake on us.  Just visit one of Cupcake Royale's 5 locations in the greater Seattle area (Capitol Hill, Ballard, Madrona, West Seattle, and Bellevue) and show them the key to your MINI to get a free Seattle MINI Limited edition cupcake (comes with real pieces of torque, so you know it's gonna be good)!  Some of their stores open early so check the hours for the closest one to you.  This is while supplies last so we'd suggest coming early . Cupcake Royale’s website is www.cupcakeroyale.com for hours and locations.

We will also be celebrating here at Seattle MINI.  We will have Cupcakes, 10 year window clings and some special giveaways at the store.  We’d love to see you!

From all of us here at Seattle MINI - THANK YOU.

Richard "Rocky" Stone GSM Seattle MINI.
Richard Stone
GSM
Seattle MINI (HQ)
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/12 at 4:30pm
I'll swing by the dealership that day!  Two MINIs, two different keys, two cupcakes, two window clings, right?

See you Thursday!

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
rockystone View Drop Down
PSMINI Sponsor
PSMINI Sponsor
Seattle MINI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockystone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/12 at 4:51pm

Done and Done!

Richard Stone
GSM
Seattle MINI (HQ)
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/12 at 6:15pm
3 MINIs - but only 2 drivers....
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/12 at 9:39pm
Wish I didn't have work from 10-6 this day :(
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/12 at 9:33am
Bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I'll be at a work event Wednesday to Saturday.. :(   Dean said he will come by and pick one up and say hi for me! :)
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
PSMINI Sponsor
PSMINI Sponsor
Seattle MINI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockystone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/12 at 10:05am

You...at work...I...I...cant, well I, no its not possible...is it?

Richard Stone
GSM
Seattle MINI (HQ)
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/12 at 7:53pm
Well, it will be at the Tulalip....   
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/12 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by rockystone rockystone wrote:

You...at work...I...I...cant, well I, no its not possible...is it?

Hahaha.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Carole View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/12 at 1:32pm
Hmm, maybe I should have a field trip down to Seattle tomorrow :-)))

Carole
"Little Baby Vroom Vroom!" - Chili Red w/white racing stripes, UK side scuttles, sport seats, cold weather & premium pkgs, auto transmission, Piano Black, Xenon headlights, Bluetooth/USB.
italianjob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/12 at 6:05pm
we'll pass by with the new italianJob!

STefano
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/12 at 9:23am
Anyone going to the dealer today? 
Sanderskog View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanderskog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/12 at 9:27am
Sitting at the dealer right now Kurt.  Getting the "please prevent my car from spontaneously catching fire" recall taken care of.

It's actually quiet, just like a normal day (minus the huge tower of cupcakes).

Todd

2012 VW Golf Pirate Edition... Aarrr! - JACK

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson
LIVESTRONG
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/12 at 11:54am
Todd- did you see any window clings?  I didn't but was too shy to ask.

What did you think of the wrapped MINI?

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
Sanderskog View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanderskog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/12 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by valvashon valvashon wrote:

Todd- did you see any window clings?  I didn't but was too shy to ask.

What did you think of the wrapped MINI?

Bruce

I asked one person and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

As for the wrap, I liked it.  It's YouNique!  Although I can't imagine the rim on the wheel holding up to grime very well.

I'm trying to get the contact info. for the guy that does their wraps.  I have some ideas for my car I'd like to execute on.

Todd

2012 VW Golf Pirate Edition... Aarrr! - JACK

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson
LIVESTRONG
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/12 at 2:52pm
HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY, MINI !  BowDown

I did get a cupcake and a window cling (one of the last I understand).
It was a pretty low-key celebration when I was there, but the 1967 Classic Mini, decked out in balloons, was even more adorable than usual.

Re:  the Orange Wrap. I find it amazing how flawless it is. You wouldn't know that it isn't painted. Even the door jambs are perfect. Impressive work.

Cheers!

P.S. Did everyone get the email from MINI USA where you find your name among the 400,000 MINI owners? I found mine, but was surprised that there were 4 others with almost the same name - I really thought I was the only one. Wink

Edited by Genie B - March/22/12 at 2:56pm
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/12 at 5:25am
Thank you, Richard for the yummy cupcake and window cling!!!!! You made my entire day yesterday!! I'll drop by with a little something for you on the way home on Sunday..
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/12 at 7:08am
Thanks Richard and Seattle MINI. Cupcake was yummy! Anne loved hers as well. Cheers mates!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/12 at 5:21pm
Great cupcakes and great event!  Congratulations Seattle MINI and MINI USA!
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
PSMINI Sponsor
PSMINI Sponsor
Seattle MINI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockystone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/12 at 2:54pm
Thanks to all you guys for a fun moment in time.  We unleashed 700 cup cakes across Seattle and only had 60 return.  Damon got in his Clubman at 9pm an drove around town giving the 60 away.  He's the only one who could get away with that, I would have been arrested for sure. 

As mentioned in another post, i have 'some' clings left.  i you would like one please drop your addess to Richard@Seattlemini.com and ill do my best to get you one.

Richard Stone
GSM
Seattle MINI (HQ)
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/12 at 9:06pm
Richard, You're a rockstar!   Thank you for everything!! Went to drop by on the way home from my work thing that I've been at since Wednesday, then remembered you were off today. Dean will drop by a little something for you next week from me.... :)
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/12 at 1:20pm
Well, I couldn't score a cupcake, but I did get a window cling and t-shirt from Terry yesterday.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
 Post Reply Post Reply