Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - '13 countryman window switches moved to arm rest
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'13 countryman window switches moved to arm rest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '13 countryman window switches moved to arm rest
    Posted: November/22/12 at 8:40am
Just saw it. Same article also mentioned that the next gen Cooper will also have the window switches on the arm rest, and worst, it will loose the big speedo in the center console. Why do BMW like to ruin everything?
2011 R56 S
Wilwood BBK, Konig feather wheels & AD08 tires, Alta FMIC, NM dischrg pipe, BC Racing coilovers, Alta 22mm rear sway & endlinks, Hsport rear cont arms, TSW xbrace, JCW steering wheel
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/12 at 9:11am
If they ditch the big speedo in favor of some real gauges then it has my vote!

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
italianjob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/12 at 12:59pm
Im gonna have to start wearing glasses.
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/12 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by italianjob italianjob wrote:

Isn't that part of a Pre-Flight???LOL
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
MiniChecker View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniChecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/12 at 9:10am
I did see photos of the new doors with the window switches, but they also showed the speedo still right in the middle of the dash.
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/12 at 9:21am
Originally posted by SMOG SMOG wrote:

Isn't that part of a Pre-Flight???LOL

Ahah My preflight involve lots of muscle memory;)

2013 GP

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/12 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by MiniChecker MiniChecker wrote:

I did see photos of the new doors with the window switches, but they also showed the speedo still right in the middle of the dash.

Isn't that big round thing where you are supposed to be looking at your Facbook Page while you hurtle down the road?LOL

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/12 at 6:39pm
If they keep down this path, they will ruin the brand and our cars will become classics. 
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/12 at 8:16pm
If they turn it into a Honda, the brand will die.

Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/12 at 6:18pm
Yes, window switches going to doors. It was like number one complaint in all surveys. Time to grab every car survey you can find and complain about switches in the doors.

The rumor is the F56 will get a screen instead of the speedo much like BMWs have. I'm not excited about that.
SAMSON View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Past Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/12 at 8:11pm
 The switches are moving to the door for sure. The giant center speedo will be replaced by the information screen very much like Mini-Connected models. Please the photos:
NEBULA - 2016 Countryman S ALL4 Cosmic Blue/Black
SAMSON - 2011 Cooper S - Eclipse Grey/Black (retired)
LOLA CHOLULA - 2010 Cooper - Chili Red/White (retired)

Erhan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/12 at 9:12am
I like the big red start/stop button!
2011 R56 S
Wilwood BBK, Konig feather wheels & AD08 tires, Alta FMIC, NM dischrg pipe, BC Racing coilovers, Alta 22mm rear sway & endlinks, Hsport rear cont arms, TSW xbrace, JCW steering wheel
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/12 at 11:32pm
Oh great. Designing a car by committee and by survey responses. That's a sure-fire way to make a MINI Camry or a MINI Impala. Yippee.
swpars View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/12 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by SMOG SMOG wrote:

If they ditch the big speedo in favor of some real gauges then it has my vote!

Mine too. I'd be very happy with a real instrument cluster right in front of the driver - speedometer, tachometer, fuel & temperature gauges. Just like what VW puts in the Golf/GTI.

The big speedometer does nothing for me. I usually look at the tiny digital readout in the tachometer when I'm driving the Cooper.
'12 Mini Cooper 6AT
'04 BMW 330i 6MT

Marc View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/12 at 8:54pm
Today I drove my wife's Suzuki Aerio and pulled into McDonalds.  I reached for the center console to roll the window down.  "Doh!"

That's when you know you're a Mini driver.

Edited by Marc - November/27/12 at 8:56pm
Beastie - Jan 2012 JCW Clubman (auto), Eclipse Grey, Black Trim & stripes, tinted windows, technology & Cold Weather pkg.
marantz2010 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marantz2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/12 at 12:57am
When you're in the valet parking business like I am, you have to know everything about every car... and that big red switch in the center console is going to catch all of the valets by surprise! 
'04 R53 JCW Pepper White w/ Black Top & Black Stripes | Mods: 17% Pulley, Resonator Delete, M7 Strut Tower Bar, MSD Ignition Coil
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/12 at 8:09am
i want the start button on the overhead next.

2013 GP

garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/12 at 8:56am
That big start/stop button looks like it is in the perfect place to be hit accidentally when you are trying to get to your drink. I wonder if it will shut off the car when you are cruising down the freeway and reach for your coffee.
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/12 at 10:30am

i want the start button on the overhead next.

Then you wouldn't have to retrain..
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
MiniCoastie View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCoastie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/12 at 11:36pm
E-gads! Everytime you buy a toy, they come out with improvements for the next gen and then I want the next toy. It's like buying a laptop or a tv. That start/stop button there is pretty cool. I've grown used to having the window toggles in the center though, so that'd be weird. Any word on if they're going to increase engine power on the 13' Countrymen?
jameslew View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameslew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/13 at 5:43pm
If anyone wants to see any interior shots, I have a 2013 manual with Connected, Leatherette, dimming mirrors, and the "comfort access system".
Rubik: 2013 Countryman S in True Blue - Stock (so far)
 Post Reply Post Reply