Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional MINIs - MINI Sightings > Eastside - Bellevue Sightings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spotted Lic plate "MINIME"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/13 at 5:15pm
Ashley,  Way to go!  Persistence to the Max paid off!

Here's the plate. It looks and sounds like the whole thing was a clerical error by the DOL. I'm glad to know that a fellow MINI owner wasn't the bad guy.  Also glad that me and my camera could help out.  Tongue

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/13 at 6:28pm
I love happy endings!  Clap
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/13 at 10:12pm
Oh goodie, I received another goodtogo bill! For the same dates..plus random charges for my birthday in September?

Someone is getting chewed out tomorrow.
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/13 at 4:45am
Don't you just love bureaucracies?

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/13 at 5:58pm
Seems like I somehow missed some of this discussion so let me get this straight.

1. Are your plate and the other guy's plate identical or is his MINIME and yours is MINI-ME?
2. His registration says MINIEME but the plate says MINIME?
3. Or, did he use white tape to turn MINIEME into MINI-ME by covering up all of the letter E except the middle line?

catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/13 at 7:09am
I would think ther WSP would be interested to know about the two identical plates. They might make some heads roll!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/13 at 10:25am
Ashley's the one to clarify all of this, but my understanding is:

1.  Ashley's plate is MINI-ME, but her registration is MINIME (they don't use a hyphen)

2.  The Red MINI's plate (see pic on this page) is MINIME, and his registration is also MINIME.

I guess the bridge toll camera must be getting a pic of the MINIME plate, for some reason when they look in the computer at MINIME registration, Ashley's plate seems to get stuck with the tolls. etc.  I don't know what the solution was supposed to be when Ashley brought it to light to them - maybe notes in a file somewhere???  But, obviously, it didn't work if she's getting more tolls.

How frustrating this has been for Ashley. Angry 

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/13 at 11:15am
Their registration reads MINIEME, and their plate was misprinted. That issue has been corrected.

Someone just royally messed up at goodtogo...their system is a complete mess. I called them yesterday and CHRISTINE said she would take care of it .....
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
FIZGIG View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIZGIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/13 at 9:25am
Ive seen people add stickers to their plates to spell a certain word. Probably what happened here.
Sometimes I wish I were catholic. I don't know why?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12