Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > You Create It and Name It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Return to Wild Horse Wind Farm?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Return to Wild Horse Wind Farm?
    Posted: April/22/13 at 9:52am
As some of you may recall, a few years back I organized a trip to Wild Horse Wind Farm, located just outside of Ellensburg in Kittitas County.  That trip was attended by over 30 MINIs and not only allowed members of the club to enjoy some great motoring but gave them the opportunity to learn about wind power as well.  Since then, I have often been asked if another trip to the wind farm will take place. 

Well, the wait is over!  Provided there is any interest, I am thinking of planning another trip to Wild Horse Wind Farm in either mid August or early September.  The selection of a final date would depend on when the PSMINI annual picnic is scheduled to occur (I did not see a date for this on the 2013 event calendar).  We would need a group of at least 15 individuals in order to schedule ourselves with the wind farm visitor center for the presentation and tour of the site (which includes a look inside a wind turbine).

Let me know if you would be interested!

-Cobalt
Cobalt - 2008 MCS Lightning Blue/Silver, JCW Suspension & intake, OZ Ultraleggera wheels, NM Eng strut brace & SS brake lines, Black Jack mirror caps & sunroof graphic, custom Black Jack side vinyls.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/13 at 10:00am
Nice photos!   The Annual MINI show at the Triple X is Sunday, Sept. 22.
 Oops! just realized you were talking about the PICNIC - can't help with that date.
bchaltraw View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchaltraw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/13 at 10:24am
Count me in!  Only Linda and I will have a short trip from Yakima, but the Canyon drive is always a nice one.  =)
03MCS RMW 1.63L,1000CC Injectors,RMW Turbo Kit,H+E,JCW Brakes,CAI, Polys,Strut plates,Coilsovers,,22MM rear, AST Coil overs Swift springs, 3" exht, Oil Cooler, 15x8 rims, Alpine PDX5,SPX17Pro,10'R!
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/13 at 11:59am
I was thinking the same thing about Canyon Road....haven't Mini'd it yet, but it was a blast in a Maxima.  If it isn't on the "official" route, it will be on the Sixate detour!
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/13 at 12:18pm
Cobalt/Justin - I'm very interested. I had a fun time on that drive 3 (?) years ago. Those windmills are HUGE!! Pick a weekend in the first half of September. As far as I know, there's nothing scheduled at the moment. I'll send you guidelines on how to set up a drive when I get on my home computer (or maybe someone else on the board has access to them?). Stay tuned...

Edited by Hapa Haole - April/22/13 at 12:25pm
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/13 at 1:00pm
Actually August is better as there are already two events in September. Brenda, let's take this off-line and discuss where on the calendar this would fit best. We'll reach out to Cobalt shortly with details of our events guidelines. I think it's an excellent idea to do this run again!

Keep the discussion going members as the amount of interest and preferred dates will help in planning the event. Thanks

Edited by ipeverywhere - April/22/13 at 1:44pm
italianjob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/13 at 2:05pm
yeah! this was pretty cool!
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"
Escape Pod View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escape Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/13 at 6:28pm
Any chance this might still happen this year? We missed the last one, and I'd love a windfarm tour.
Roy & Beth Morey
Red/Blk JCW Roadster (His)
Silver/Red JCW Coupe (Hers)
 Post Reply Post Reply