Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > How To Do It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Headlight Beam Throw

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tterbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headlight Beam Throw
    Posted: December/08/15 at 9:07pm
Mini Masters-

I have the xenon lights and started getting an error that looks like it is the infamous headlight beam throw error... My left lamp is shooting way high and people keep flashing me because they think I have my brights on.. I googled it and there is no home remedy I can find.

Anyone?

Thanks All

Brett
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/15 at 4:25pm
What year car? The 2002-2006 have a headlight leveling sensor on the front and rear control arms. The wiring clip can become damaged. If the wiring is not connected, the headlamp will aim high. 
tterbo View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tterbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/15 at 5:14pm
Kurt,

This is the 2014 Countryman that we have been discussion mods to off-line.
I have a an appointment on Wednesday next week at Mini and will let you know what they say. Of course my warranty was up 1000 miles ago..

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Brett
racingbmwm3 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racingbmwm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/15 at 7:48am
A 2014?  Since you are well within the time warranty and just barely outside the mileage warranty, BMW/Mini is usually very good at fixing issues in situations like yours.  Now if you were a 2010 (1 year past) and 1000 miles over, they probably wouldn't help you out.  
'05 Cooper, BRG, Aerokit, Sport Package, 135k
'89 325iX, Diamondblack, 270k
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/15 at 12:59pm
Something like a headlight should be unaffected by miles. Hope they do the right thing. 
 Post Reply Post Reply