Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP - how to lock F56 hatch?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP - how to lock F56 hatch?
    Posted: May/29/15 at 9:08pm
I have a loaner from Seattle Mini, and the hatch doesn't lock when I hit the lock button on the fob; how do you lock it?
'02 Cooper S, Alta pulley, Alta CAI, M7 brace, Madness brace, One-ball, D1 Spec Throttle Controller, ExtremeContact DW, Koni FSD, Boot Box, Glove Box Organizer . . .

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
RickB View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/15 at 9:32pm

OK, the hatch locks when the fob is out of range. 

What's the point of the fob button with the open-hatch icon on it, if the hatch automatically unlocks when you get in range?  I hit it a half-dozen times as I approached the car, and heard the doors unlocking, but the hatch unlocks even if I don't hit a button, when the fob is in range?  Programmable?

The new car has WAAAAAY too many gadgets!

'02 Cooper S, Alta pulley, Alta CAI, M7 brace, Madness brace, One-ball, D1 Spec Throttle Controller, ExtremeContact DW, Koni FSD, Boot Box, Glove Box Organizer . . .

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
 Post Reply Post Reply