Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > You Create It and Name It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"I've Been to the Edge" Drive to Edgefield - Event Date: April/27/13 - April/28/13

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 12:11pm
The pool is a hot tub. It does the trick.
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Hapa Haole Hapa Haole wrote:

I didn't ask or look on their website, but is there a hot tub available near the pool? I would find that more relaxing and it world make it easier for me to wind down for the night. LOL

Here's what the website says about the pool:

Soaking Pool

Hours: Daily, 8 a.m. 'til 11 p.m.
Hotel & Ruby's Spa guests only.

The soaking pool, set behind Ruby's Spa and open to hotel and spa guests only,  meanders and flows, providing hidden spots and tributaries for those in need of a quiet moment. The pool is filled with soft, buoyant water that's heated to a comfortable 102 degrees.

Lemme in!

07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 1:26pm
104 degrees would be better. I like it hot.
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 1:28pm

Well you better skip the pool then.
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 2:32pm

Of course you like it hot, what else would you expect from a firefighter?
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/13 at 3:22pm
After driving all day and then drinking non-stop all the way to getting into the 102 degree "pool" I nearly passed out from the heat. Very relaxing though =)    Bring your water-wings!
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/13 at 5:59pm
That was fun! A big thank you to all those who organized and coordinated the drive and stops. We had a great time. On the way home we were reading out all the signs along the way.

Prior to the drive, Elizabeth was flipping me crap about washing Honu in the dark on Friday night. When we got home she said, "Are you going to wash the car now or wait until dark?   
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/13 at 7:00am
Excellent weekend at the Edge and then I wake up to cold, rain, and wind. <sigh> When can we go back? Thanks again!
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/13 at 7:28am
Thank you everyone for joining us on the run. I'm glad everything went smooth We had a fun golf game Sunday morning after a nice soak in the spa. I hope everyone got home OK and we will see you next year!
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/13 at 10:41am
What a great weekend!   I second Ryan's comment.. When are we going again? :)   THANK YOU to Shelly and Gordon for coming up with and executing this fun run to Edgefield!! I was reminded again this weekend how great this club is!! I loved meeting new friends and hanging out with great friends!   Looking forward to next year!!!
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/13 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Sixate Sixate wrote:

Did you hear something?

John must have put that radio back on MUTE

Great trip and really looking forward to doing it again. Talked to new friends and like Belinda enjoyed being with beloved friends.

Thank you to all that planned this trip. Well worth it.

Karin

Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/13 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by TWIZZLR TWIZZLR wrote:

Originally posted by Sixate Sixate wrote:

Did you hear something?

John must have put that radio back on MUTE

Great trip and really looking forward to doing it again. Talked to new friends and like Belinda enjoyed being with beloved friends.

Thank you to all that planned this trip. Well worth it.

Karin

Censored  <===Now you know why I was muted!
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/13 at 7:37pm
I'm so glad I made the trip and thankful that my sister came with me but also missed Larry. He's sorry that he didn't make it. The organizers did a great job planning and it was a very smooth and seamless drive. The Bingo game was challenging but entertaining.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/13 at 3:26pm
Just wanted to say thanks again to Gordon & Dean and their significant others for the time & effort they put in to making this a great event. We're already looking forward to doing it again!

We had a great time meeting & getting to know everyone.
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
Peabody View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peabody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/13 at 9:38am
Late kudos to Gordon and Shelly and Dean and Belinda for having this idea in the first place and also for all the work they did.  Like the others, I hope we can do this trip again.
John & Mavourneen
2008 MCS Cabrio - BRG - 15%pulley - Dinan CAI - H&R rear sway bar - Screamin Demon coil - Craven strut tower defenders - Multivex mirrors
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234