Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Dealer Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kudos to NW Mini Service Department

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kudos to NW Mini Service Department
    Posted: December/28/14 at 2:10pm
Have to give it to NW Mini Service Department.  Was ready for my routine service (coming from East Wenatchee now makes it a challenge to get over the passes between weather fronts!) and only made a couple of comments about a loud metallic whine (will not disclose at what speed I noticed the sound) as well as a shudder when I shut it down.  Here's what they did as a result of my comments.

• Normal oil service
  • Flushed brake fluid
  • Changed spark plugs
  • Valve cover leak which dripped on the water pump pulley and friction wheel (was the loud metallic whine)
  • New water pump pulley & friction wheel
  • Shudder was timing chain.  Maximum deflection is 68mm - I was at 71mm.  Found the upper chain guide to be broken and missing pieces.  Had to drop the oil pan to retrieve guide pieces.  Intake cam was out of time by 5mm.  Also found the front crank seal leaking oil and drive belt cracked.
  • New chain tensioner
  • New timing chain
  • New guide rail and slide rail
  • Technician also noted the axle seal leaking
  • Removed and replaced new right side transmission shaft seal.
  • New drive belt
Granted this was all under warranty (certified pre-owned) but was more impressed that Bert Senon and team listened to my concerns and went the extra mile.  That and they gave me a new 2015 Cooper S as a loaner to try out.  Definitely not my JCW but was still an acceptable Mini.  Can't wait until this spring when the JCW Hardtop is released (supposedly NW Mini has already ordered one).
2009 JCW, Chili Red/Black
1996 Ford Bronco, Eddie Bauer
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1966 Ford F-100 4x4
1965 Ford Falcon Sprint - Dad's Toy 2
Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/14 at 6:40pm
Bert is a classy guy who knows his MINI stuff.  I always try to book with him for any service.
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
 Post Reply Post Reply