Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > How To Do It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kurt Makes It Look So Easy!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnottyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurt Makes It Look So Easy!
    Posted: December/12/16 at 7:05pm
First off, I have a coolant leak.  Just changed the oil weekend before last and oil is black as sin.  Looks like upper hose leak, parts on the way.  Charlie is 5k short of 100k.  I was going to do a 100k service when it was warmer....

As it is Nutcracker hell week and performances, I have absolutely no time to be down (figures).  I've been checking my level and bleeding the rad with the lower screw as appropriate.  However, I backed the screw all the way out to sight it as he was out out of cool juice and DROPPED THE SCREW.  Hint, don't do this just before leaving for opening night.

I was able to get a friend's truck and made it to the theater on time, first weekend of shows are done with success.

So with the help of Kurt's excellent HOWTO on service mode and radiator removal/drain, I ripped in to the project of Find the Screw That Shall Never Be Found Again, and found it!  It was at the bottom of the fan shroud.

Good Lord that man makes it look easy.  We're lucky to have such a great shadetree mechanic with excellent documentation skills.
KnottyMan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnottyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/16 at 7:08pm
Oh yeah, diesel Ford F250 is a radically different driving experience.
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/16 at 10:11pm
Kurt is DA MAN!!! Has always saved me so much $$$$ and a great friend.
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
 Post Reply Post Reply