Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership - New Member Introductions > Membership Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Late Spring 2010 Newsletter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Late Spring 2010 Newsletter
    Posted: June/01/10 at 11:16am
Kudos once again to Ed & Alma, "Silver Surfer", for putting this newsletter together! You'll enjoy reading it here:  Spring 2010 Newsletter.  Great job!

It even has a cartoon done by our very own Fred Good - "PIXEL".

Apologies for the delay in getting this out to you - it was a delay on my part, but we'll do better next time!  Hope you enjoy it and let us know if you have questions or comments.

Linda Grouell - "WOODSTOCK"
PSMINI President
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/10 at 11:37am
Great Job Ed and Alma...thanks LOL
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/10 at 11:56am
Very Nice ED and Alma for putting this together and Thanks to all the people and there articles.

John
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/10 at 3:16pm
Great Job, Silver Surfer Crew! BowDown 

I especially LOVE all the MINI graphics Thumbs Up

Thanks to everyone who contributed to make it a fun and informative Newsletter. Clap

P.S. It doesn't seem too late to me - it's still Spring 2010. Tongue

Cheers!

minicommittee View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicommittee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/10 at 6:54pm
Nice Job!  Thumbs Up
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/10 at 7:00pm
Wonderful job!  Love the write up about Canyonball (brought back fond memories).  Thanks, Ed and Alma  BowDown
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Silver_Surfer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver_Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/10 at 7:16pm
Lots of great stories in this issue, thanks for the privilage of putting it together. I'm still trying to figure out what a "Creative Vegetable Architecture" looks like.Idea Does anyone have any pictures?
PIXEL's cartoon BowDown-  so true - we hope to add more in more future issues (thank you).

Edited by Silver_Surfer - June/01/10 at 7:33pm

NOW PLAYING AT THE CINEMA
HAPPY NEW YEAR PSMINI http://vimeo.com/18338258
Silver Shadow View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/10 at 8:05pm

Thank you everyone for the kudos.  These news letters wouldn't be possible without the contributing articles so many thanks go to those who help make it possible.  And as for spring-still waiting...

Cheers everyone! Hug 
Alma
Have passport. Will travel.
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/10 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Silver_Surfer Silver_Surfer wrote:

Lots of great stories in this issue, thanks for the privilage of putting it together. I'm still trying to figure out what a "Creative Vegetable Architecture" looks like.Idea Does anyone have any pictures?
PIXEL's cartoon BowDown-  so true - we hope to add more in more future issues (thank you).

Oh, you don't want to see those pictures!  They're probably secreted away to be used later for blackmail!  Wink
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/10 at 6:41am
Ed & Alma:

The newsletter was a good one once again!  The radio portion by Grape Ape was nice stuff to know; who knew that HAM radio was available to to non dot and dash people??

Thanks againThumbs Up

Stephen & Lee

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
GUMBY LIVES View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/10 at 7:49pm
Sweet write up THANKS to all who made this happen I am HONORED to be in the top 10 and hate to say that 2 of the many names I am called were miss pelled BRYNE KELLEY JR AKA GUMBY should really look like this BYRNE KELLY JR AKA GUMBY
 Well I have only been dealing with this miss pelling as of Friday June  4th 2010 for "50" YEARS HA HA HA ClapClapClapClap

Edited by GUMBY LIVES - June/06/10 at 7:50pm
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY
'06'Astro Blk Met/Slver MC w/silver flames Sport Pkg HK stereo Magnaflo Exhaust Alta Lowering Kit"NOTPOKY" plates.

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver_Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/10 at 9:30pm
BowDownSorry to add another year to the misspellingPinch! I'll get that fixed ASAP.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/10 at 9:36pm
Ed:

I suppose you could have gotten it as "Bernie", "Burny", "Burnie", "Berne", "Boerne" , as in Boerne Texas,(yes, it is pronounced the same) and I am sure Bryne has had a host of others thrown his way.  Any other spellings???Shocked

"Don't worry, be happy".

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver_Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/10 at 9:50pm

I'm looking at Cho Cho and Tombo now and asking myself if they could have changed out the keyboard letters...or I was suffering from AID (Alcohol induced Dyslexia).

Not AID but ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), I was watching Iron Man 1, studying for the a test, fixing the lawn mower starter switch and while occupied the Guard switched out the keyboard letters.

Edited by Silver_Surfer - June/07/10 at 6:21pm

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/10 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Silver_Surfer Silver_Surfer wrote:

...or I was suffering from AID (Alcohol induced Dyslexia).

Better than the alternative spellingsILL

S.

hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/10 at 7:12am
Nice job team!  Very professionally done.
Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply