Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Performance Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Local tuner?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freemind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Local tuner?
    Posted: April/19/16 at 8:56am
I have a UniChip that is not working. It came with the car. According to my new wideband readings, 10.5 at WOT and between 15.7-19.7 at idle= I think that I need a tune. Who do you guys recommend locally?
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/16 at 11:54am
There was a dyno day recently at Tork Motorsports in Auburn. These guys sound like they know what they are doing. 

Are you sure wideband is correctly calibrated and are you using an NGK narrow band O2 sensor in both the precat and post cat positions? In closed loop, the ECU does one thing - strive to keep AFR at 14.7, based on narrowband lambda. If it is unable to do so, you'll most likely get an OBD code. 

Also, do not use the narrowband simulated channel of your wideband sensor. the ECU does not like the digital sawtooth waveforms and will not perform properly. 

10.5 at WOT sounds normal to me. 
freemind View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freemind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/16 at 5:14am
Sorry for the delay, I was in hospital and had emergency surgery and a prolonged stay. I still cannot walk on my foot yet. It's been a slow process.

I had a bung welded post-cat. I am not sure what o2's are on the narrowband side.

Post Reply Post Reply