Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Performance Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lowering/Cambers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tterbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lowering/Cambers
    Posted: April/20/16 at 8:40am
I have been on the fence about going up or down with my suspension on my Countryman. I have finally decided to drop it. For those who have dropped, did you add adjustable cambers?
I am reading mixed opinions?

Thanks
Brett
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/16 at 7:57am
You should generally go to some sort of adjustable components (control arms and camber plates) when lowering the car since lowering it only with springs will change the geometry of the suspension and create significantly more negative camber.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
tterbo View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tterbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/16 at 4:46pm
So I had my car dropped with H& R springs and added Helix adjustable control arms. Got an alignment yesterday and the best the could do on camber is -3.5. Is that going to kill my tires?

Where did I go wrong?

Brett
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/16 at 8:19am
front or rear or both? That's quite a bit of negative camber. Should handle great in the corners but will tend to wear the inside edges more quickly for sure. I would have expected more adjustability with the control arms than that.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
 Post Reply Post Reply