Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Archived Forum Topics > NW Harvest MINI v. PORSCHE 2011 Challenge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MINI/PORSCHE CHALLENGE II - Event Date: December/03/11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/11 at 6:24pm

Here's another idea for contributions from Les (& Donna) Alluisi (MINIRVA).  He set up a box at his workplace with the following sign (replace the lines with your info).  Way to go and thanks for sharing, Les!  I've also uploaded a copy of the flyer here for printing: 

NORTHWEST HARVEST FOOD DRIVE

Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club

UPDATE!

The Porsche Club (1,650 members )has once again accepted the challenge by the Mini Cooper Club ( 236 members )to see which club can raise the most in donations and goods for Northwest Harvest by December 2nd.  Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to fill the boot of your MINI with all of the food donations (or cash donations) you can.

Help ___________ fill ____ Mini’s boot!!   Donation box is ____________________.  Thanks to all.

What types of food does Northwest Harvest need?
Northwest Harvest can use any nonperishable food or monetary donations. If you prefer to donate food, select shelf-stable food with the lowest saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour). We buy white rice and beans in bulk, so we encourage you to donate other items. Here are some suggestions:

General food items:

Oatmeal
Whole grain pastas
Brown rice
Tomato products
Canned vegetables
Canned fruit, especially with low sugar (but not artificial sweeteners)
Canned fish or meat
Shelf-stable milk
Beef stew, chili and similar meals with low sugar and saturated fats

Infant and baby foods:

Baby formula
Canned milk
Infant cereal
Jars of baby food
Powdered or canned milk
They also accept baby diapers

Edited by WOODSTOCK - November/29/11 at 6:52pm
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
Silver_Surfer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Silver_Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/11 at 9:37pm

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves...men [and women] will still say, 'This was their Finest Hour.'

Go MINI Go!WooHoo

NOW PLAYING AT THE CINEMA
HAPPY NEW YEAR PSMINI http://vimeo.com/18338258
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/11 at 9:40pm
We shall overcome, because we are The Self Preservation Society!

Nice video!

Edited by SMOG - December/01/11 at 9:43pm
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/11 at 1:28pm
I'm getting excited about tomorrow!! WooHoo

I'm in on lunch. I hope we'll have a good turnout to celebrate afterwards. Hopefully they'll have room for us? If not, maybe a group of us can meet elsewhere?

I noticed there's a pre-gathering for us southenders in Puyallup at Randy's Restaurant. How come such so early? 9am?!! Confused Sleepy

Jason's restaurant @ 9:00 (near Puyallup Fairgrounds)
1402 S Meridian, Puyallup, WA 98371
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/11 at 5:10pm
MORE GOOD NEWS ON THE DONATIONS FRONT!
Many of you know HAURY's Lake City Collison. Well fortunately I checked the BMW site (I posted there as well) and Jeff was willing to write a check.
As soon as a saw this post, called and then went down to pick up a VERY GENEROUS DONATION!!!
The car community is very very cool and filled with some really extraordinary people.
THANKS JEFF AND THE ENTIRE HAURY'S CREW!
If a club member needs their service, keep these guys in mind. They do great work on cars and our community.
Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
Peabody View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peabody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/11 at 8:06am
The only reference I see to a Southend caravan is Brenda's post above, which lists two restaurants and a meeting time of 9:00am.  If there is more information on the Facebook page could someone post it here, as I am not a Facebook member.
John & Mavourneen
2008 MCS Cabrio - BRG - 15%pulley - Dinan CAI - H&R rear sway bar - Screamin Demon coil - Craven strut tower defenders - Multivex mirrors
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234