Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PSMINI Presents MINIs & Mums - Event Date: May/03/14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: PSMINI Presents MINIs & Mums
    Posted: April/16/14 at 10:56am
PSMINI Presents
MINIs & Mums

When: Saturday May 3rd. Meet at 7:15AM, drivers meeting at 7:45, motoring to the ferry at 8:00.

Start: PCC Market 9803 Edmonds Way in Edmonds WA. We have an alternate meet point if are not taking the ferry (see below).

End: Gorst Wa where we will split off and head for home. For those headed back to Seattle the goal is to make the 5:30PM Bremerton ferry.

Alternate Start: If you are not taking the ferry, be at The Grub Hut 11130 NE State Highway 104 Kingston WA 98346 parking lot by 9:00am. We will regroup after the ferry in this parking lot and put the whole group together there. The Grub Hut will not be open.

Details:
Spring is in the air! That means flowers, Mother’s Day, and our first day-trip of the season! It’s time to grab the sunglasses, hop in your MINI, and join us for a pre-mother’s day scenic adventure along Hood Canal.

This event promises a fun day of back-roads scenery with a few special stops – This trip is sure to delight those focused on driving, and those who just want to take in some of the spectacular beauty so close to home. You’ll want your cameras, and your mothers, on this one!

Stops, with time to browse and shop, include:
Port Gamble General Store - A whimsical destination for everything a general store should have including local candies, crafts, toys, and an extensive shell and crab collection! Don’t forget to get your picture taken with the Skate (or as I like to call it, the Sea Chupacabra).

Whitney Gardens - Seven acres at the foot of the Olympic mountains. Over 15,000 people visit the gardens every year to take in its beauty. The gardens started in the 1930's and specialize in Rhododendrons (the largest I've ever seen) – Hybrids and Species, Azaleas – Evergreen and Deciduous, coupled with many horticultural selections such as Maples, Magnolias, Conifers, Kalmias, Camellias, Perennials, Ground Covers, and Vines, along with scores of Shrubs and Trees. Everything will be in bloom while we are there. It's truly breathtaking. The nursery will also be open if you'd like to select a bit of beauty for your own home.

Lunch! We will all be stopping together at a lunch spot. Specific location will be based on the weather and how many members will be joining us. At this time, we can guarantee it will be tasty. If the weather holds, there will be Oysters. If it doesn't hold, we'll be indoors. More details to come and we'll make an announcement about a week before the run.

Alderbrook Lodge: A beautiful resort right on the canal. We'll have some time to relax and take-in the scenic views from this resort.

More! We'll also be stopping for lunch (as mentioned), making a quick hike to Rocky Brook Falls, and, of course, the entire drive will give you endless views of the Hood River Canal and the Olympic Mountains. Don’t forget your cameras on this one. Also, if you are taking the ferry home with us, you’ll be treated to a spectacular view of Mt. Rainer as we make our way back to Seattle.

Cost: Lunch, ferry, and anything purchased along the way is on your own. If you are taking the ferry out and back you’ll save a little by buying a round-trip fair in the AM. Whitney Gardens requests a $1 donation per person to walk their seven acre garden (that’s a steal of a deal).

What to Bring:
     -FRS Radio set to channel 7, sub-channel 21. Come early if you need to borrow or help setting your radio channels. We’ll use the radios to communicate turns & keep in touch during the drive.
     -A camera, there will be plenty of scenery worth capturing
     -Sunglasses, sunscreen, hats & comfortable shoes
     - or, if weather dictates, sweaters, jackets & umbrellas. This is the NW after all!
     -Water & snacks for the drive
     -Fare for the ferry and/or cash to donate at the garden
     -Friend, family, or adventurous navigator (not required for this drive, come solo if you like)
     -A full tank of gas in your MINI!

RSVP: Please RSVP by responding to this thread. Let us know if you are starting at PCC and taking the ferry with us or if you will meet us at The Grub Hut parking lot. That way, we will know to look for you. A accurate count for lunch will keep us on schedule.

Rally Masters: An amazing scouting of this route by Jeff (SodaJeff) Waibel and Shari Allen made this event possible. Thank you both!

Attendees: 23 MINIs confirmed! (updated 5/2)
  • SodaJeff - Rally Master (PCC)
  • ipeverywhere & taligator - Sweeper (PCC)
  • leogetz (PCC)
  • Julzmini (PCC)
  • Ruszmini (PCC)
  • SAMSON (PCC)
  • Wildfamily (PCC)
  • shasti212 (PCC)
  • Zipster (PCC)
  • MINI4ME (PCC)
  • BurnerS w/ arkaytee (PCC)
  • Dave's Not Here (PCC)
  • Dennis/SueBoone (PCC)
  • ladyinred (PCC)
  • GenieB (PCC)
  • ResQ176 (Grub Hut)
  • Th3Stig (Grub Hut)
  • Swampdog (Grub Hut)
  • sammylynn (Grub Hut)
  • olivemini (Grub Hut)
  • Shiner (Grub Hut)
  • FunSize (Grub Hut)
  • Sixate (Grub Hut

Edited by leogetz - May/02/14 at 7:38pm
2013 R58S Kite Blue
2013 JCW GP
SodaJeff View Drop Down
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Events Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SodaJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/14 at 5:05pm
Woo Hoo!  This will be a great run and super scenic!
Hope y'all can join for the fun!

Jeff & Shari
Olive: Black '12 MINI Coupe'S
JCW Engine Tuning - JCW Airbox - JCW Exhaust - JCW Strut-Tower Brace - Rear Sway Bar - Lighter Wheels & Mich Pilot Sports - Stubby Ant - Interior Bits
Th3Stig View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Th3Stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/14 at 8:19pm
Looks like a fun day. My navigator and I are in!
Mini-less for the time being.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11 CM S All4 Cosmic Blue. 32k
'08 MC 6spd Mellow Yellow. 112k
'09 MCSa Mellow Yellow. 43k
Swampdog View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swampdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/14 at 1:08pm
My Wife and I will meet you at the Grub Hut, look forward to our first Mini event.
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/14 at 12:43pm
I'll be there!

May bring the family or may bring a buddy along to experience how PSMINI rolls. (He drives a Subaru)
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/14 at 9:52am
I'll be there!
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

https://www.facebook.com/julz.mni
SAMSON View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Past Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/14 at 10:00am
Count us in. We've missed couple of events now... time to catch up!
NEBULA - 2016 Countryman S ALL4 Cosmic Blue/Black
SAMSON - 2011 Cooper S - Eclipse Grey/Black (retired)
LOLA CHOLULA - 2010 Cooper - Chili Red/White (retired)

Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/14 at 8:16pm
We are in for this one! Babysitter. Check! Summer tires. Check! My awesome wife! Check. Let's do this!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/14 at 11:09pm
Should be able to make this.
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/14 at 9:12pm
Rob and joann will be there with Zipster too! They just have a hard time remembering their PSMINI password. :)
'80 Mini English White
sammylynn View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammylynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/14 at 11:46pm
Brian and I will be there!  Anybody on the South End driving up that wants to caraMINI? 
2014 Countryman S ALL4 - Brody.
Previous Owner of "Rosebud"
2013 Countryman S ALL4
MINI4ME View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINI4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/14 at 12:14am
I am going to make it.
MINI4ME
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/14 at 1:48pm
I am there.... with a passenger
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/14 at 6:59pm
I am going to do this. 
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
HotChocolate View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HotChocolate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/14 at 7:26pm
Dennis will be there, but I have to work. Have fun!
Sue
THEO: 2011 S Convertible Hot Chocolate
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/14 at 8:20am
Looks like we got us a convoy!
'80 Mini English White
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/14 at 8:29am

Roger that!

New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
arkaytee View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arkaytee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/14 at 10:03am
I'm in, but riding w/ BurnerS on this run.
RADFORD HARRISON – ’11 Clubman S: wht silver + blk stripes ext; polar beige & brushed steel int; HK sound; NM Engineering strut brace; Hotchkiss sport sway bar; O.Z. wave wheels + Potenza RE-11A tires
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/14 at 10:37am
s/riding/navigating   ;)
ResQ176 View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ResQ176 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/14 at 1:02pm
Nigel and I will be there. I may have a navigator... I may not. Who knows?
08 DS/DS, Chrome in/out, Chrome mirrors, bad timing chain guide.
ResQ176 View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ResQ176 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/14 at 1:10pm
And I don't trust ferries. I just watched Deja Vu, plus whatever just happened in Korea?? No thank you. I'll be at the Grub Hub.
Th3Stig View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Th3Stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/14 at 1:35pm
Sammylynn and I are talking about meeting at 512 X I-5 at 7:30 am. Southies caravan to Kingston!

Gone but not forgotten:
ResQ176 View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ResQ176 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/14 at 1:37pm
Stig, text me. 910-527-7760
Th3Stig View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Th3Stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/14 at 2:01pm
Sammylynn, ResQ, and me are meeting up at the SR512 McD's at 7:30. Sixate where you at?
Edit: swampdog is in too!

Edited by Th3Stig - April/30/14 at 7:18pm

Gone but not forgotten:
Guests View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/14 at 10:34pm
See ya at the Market!
ResQ176 View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ResQ176 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/14 at 12:06am
Awesome!
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/14 at 8:49am
with this group,, I think we need to stop at the biker bar for lunch now..LOL
olivemini View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivemini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/14 at 9:59am
I'm in!  I'll meet you in Kingston at The Grub Hut Tongue  This will be my first event!

Southenders I'm down to meet you at I-5 & 512 so we can caravan to Kingston.  Where at specifically?  The McD's there has a big parking lot...let me know!

2014 Paceman S AWD, White w/black roof
Olive

olivemini View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivemini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/14 at 10:14am
I'll meet you guys there too Th3Stig and Sammylynn!  Where specifically??

leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/14 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Th3Stig Th3Stig wrote:

Sammylynn, ResQ, and me are meeting up at the SR512 McD's at 7:30. Sixate where you at?
Edit: swampdog is in too!

Hi olivemini, glad you'll be joining us for your first event! With you're Paceman I think this event will have the full gen 2 MINI model lineup represented!

Judging by the post i've quoted above, it looks like "the southies" will be meeting a McD's on 512 before heading up to the Grub Hut in Kingston.

Can't wait to see the caravan of MINIs on Saturday!
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>