Forum Home Forum Home > Events > You Create It and Name It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Monthly Meet and Greet - November - Event Date: November/17/13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Monthly Meet and Greet - November
    Posted: November/09/13 at 10:55pm
Monthly Meet and Greet
with a surprise/twist/preview

When: Sunday November 17th 8:30AM

Start: FROST Doughnuts - 15421 Main Street H102, Mill Creek, WA

End: Top Pot Doughnuts - 1235 NW Maple St, Issaquah, WA

Details:
Hello everyone…

We have a bit of a surprise for you coming up in exactly one week from this post (on the 17th). Kirk has graciously allowed me to hijack his November meet and greet. Why? Because Brian, Leo, and myself are in the middle of planning a donut challenge which will take place early in 2014. We don’t want to spill the doughnut holes (details) of that challenge but if you follow us Sunday we’ll make our way “around the course” giving you a preview of what’s coming. Basically, follow us Sunday and you’ll have an advantage for a future event. Easy? Exciting? You bet!

So, Sunday the 17th is Kirk’s monthly meet and greet. It will take place North of Seattle this time around. We’ll meet at Frost Donuts in Mill Creek at 8:30AM. Come out and let’s talk MINIs, winter tires, turkeys (both on the road and in the oven), etc.

Then, at about 10:00 we’ll provide you details of our route as we make our way south stopping at 4 additional donut shops. The schedule is as follows:
       10:35-11:00am: Henry's Donuts in Mukilteo
       11:25-11:45pm: Krispy Kreme in Seattle
       12:15-12:35pm: Sunrise Donuts & Expresso in Redmond
        1:00-1:30pm: Top Pot in Issaquah

Top Pot in Issaquah has sandwiches as well so a few of us are planning to grab some lunch at the end.

What to Bring:
If you are joining us on the donut preview/drive please bring
     - Full tank of gas.
     - GPS/Smartphone GPS.
     - 2-way radio.
     - An empty stomach.
     - Sense of adventure.
     - Maybe an extra water to wash down those delicious rings of deep fried goodness!

Thank Yous! I want to thank Kirk Moore for letting us kindly use his monthly meet and greet to do this. I also want to thank Brian for the concept and route and Leo for his assistance with the concept and route. The challenge is shaping up to be a really fun event and we’re happy to be able to bring you this preview on Sunday.

See you there!

no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/13 at 3:55am
My weekends are sacred but it's the day before I'm 28 so ... I'll come, at least for the first run to Muk.
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/13 at 8:18am
oh yeah.. Donuts, mini's... We are in!!
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/13 at 8:34am
Originally posted by no.9 no.9 wrote:

My weekends are sacred but it's the day before I'm 28 so ... I'll come, at least for the first run to Muk.

My weekends are SCARED....they know the Mini gets driven all harder when there isn't a "commute" involved!
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
taligator View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/13 at 10:23am
Man am I happy this ends in Issaquah ... I am going to need to be rolled up the hill to the house.

'16 F55 Moonwalk Gray / Black -- Pudge
Th3Stig View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Th3Stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/13 at 11:21am
Perfect first adventure for our new (to us) MCS! Me and my co pilot are in!
Mini-less for the time being.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11 CM S All4 Cosmic Blue. 32k
'08 MC 6spd Mellow Yellow. 112k
'09 MCSa Mellow Yellow. 43k
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/13 at 7:23pm
we'll be there...who's bringing the insulin?
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
sammylynn View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammylynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/13 at 8:08pm
I'll be there...out of the house at 7am on a Sunday...I must really love MINI's...or donuts...or lunch.
2014 Countryman S ALL4 - Brody.
Previous Owner of "Rosebud"
2013 Countryman S ALL4
SAMSON View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Past Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/13 at 8:35pm
We will eat 1,000,000 donuts!! BWAHAHAAHAH!

NEBULA - 2016 Countryman S ALL4 Cosmic Blue/Black
SAMSON - 2011 Cooper S - Eclipse Grey/Black (retired)
LOLA CHOLULA - 2010 Cooper - Chili Red/White (retired)

ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/13 at 12:22pm
This sunday!
SAMSON View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Past Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/13 at 10:49pm
Just in case you ever wondered about they're humble beginnings...
NEBULA - 2016 Countryman S ALL4 Cosmic Blue/Black
SAMSON - 2011 Cooper S - Eclipse Grey/Black (retired)
LOLA CHOLULA - 2010 Cooper - Chili Red/White (retired)

no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/13 at 11:32am
Good turn out for a Winter gtg!! Lemme know when we do something speed demon-ey.

Off to lunch with my Pops. Take care guys.
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/13 at 9:51pm
Thanks for setting this up. I had a really good time and it was excellent to have a chance to talk with some new members. Looking forward to seeing everyone real soon..... At the Holiday Party!
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/13 at 10:30pm
That was a lot of and a lot of calories! Sorry I had to bail out early...

One of the kids needed a bike repair lesson and I was too close to him after Krispy Kreme.

For the next doughnut challenge I am going on a "sweet" fast prior to the drive.
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
 Post Reply Post Reply