Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Interior and Exterior Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New look for slyderone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slyderone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New look for slyderone
    Posted: March/01/13 at 9:23pm

Can you see the difference?

Before

After

Not sure how to get in my driveway yet but with practice I think I can do it.

Thanks KurtClap

John 05 MCSC: Alta CAI, 15%, JCW Head and Injectors, RMW Street Cam, Jan Tune
(SLYDER1 plates)

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar…"       
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/13 at 9:29pm
That MINI is: Low. Erd. :-)

We also fixed an exhaust rattle and painted the calipers red, plus a couple other maintenance stuff.
Car rides nice!
Slyderone View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slyderone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/13 at 3:46pm

Yes fixed the exhaust rattle to also find that my timing chain tensioner was part of the problem (You have to love how sound travels around).  I will need to replace the tensioner and might just do the chain and guides as well.  I just replaced the tensioner a year and a half ago not sure what is going on so I am thinking that maybe it needs the other work done to.

I got it home last night and was supper excited and sick at the same time after doing some research I found that you can force the tensioner back out not sure if there will be any negative repercussions but if you get the motor to run backwards (5th gear and push a few feet) I am guessing that the chain will put pressure on the tensioner it popped out and didn't sound  like a diesel any more... Temp fix until the new one comes in.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem?  Any other ideas I am just making a stab and hoping for a good outcome.  Oh 1 gen and just over 100K.

John 05 MCSC: Alta CAI, 15%, JCW Head and Injectors, RMW Street Cam, Jan Tune
(SLYDER1 plates)

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar…"       
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/13 at 4:59pm
Glad that's all that the noise was - the sound really did echo all over the place - it almost sounded like main bearing damage and an exhaust leak. Probably it is just the tensioner. I would just replace that again and see how it goes. It's a weak part. If it sounds fine now that the tensioner is back out, there is nothing else damaged. 

Post Reply Post Reply