FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Tires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Tires
    Posted: March/10/05 at 9:01am

Ok, so last saturday, i got a huge nail in my right rear runflat, this is the second time this has happened to this tire, and finnally I warped it and it was time to get a new tire and instead of paying $175 for one tire, I got 4 brand new yokohama ES 100's they are really nice....ZR rated....better ride and less road noise then the run flats.  I went for a 205-50-16 so they have a little smaller sidewall, but more rubber on the road, so thats good, and now i can experience the real way to motor in a mini

-Jared-

Rob Betts View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/05 at 8:50am
I have the ES 100's also and like them.  I also bought a can of fix a flat and a Mini compressor.
2003 MCS, Electric Blue/Electric Blue,
Mini Mania 200HP kit.
(Cold air intake, Borla exhaust, 15% pully, Jan tune)
Drilled Rotors, EBC pads, painted calipers
AND 2015 JCW Countryman - Black
Guests View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/05 at 7:15am

I should have asked what brand of tires come with the MINI....i ordered the base model(gas mileage a bit better according to specs), and went with the standard 15" all weather tires.....

I have a 2002 Ford Focus hatchback now that I haven't decided what to do with yet when the MINI comes, but last summer I bought Goodyear triple-tred tires for the Focus, and they're great for slickery roads....

MINI-Rolls View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/05 at 7:56am

You may get Dunlops but they have different brands.

BTW, I moved this here and delete the other one you wrote.

Kristin View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/05 at 10:48pm
Ok boys - I need some help here.  The screw in my runflat from the dam run is apparently too close to the sidewall to repair.  (I had no idea I needed to aim so the screw punctured the middle of the tire)  Since I hope eventually to try some autocross, what's the group recommendation for my new non-runflat tires?  Are the Yokohamas the way to go?  If it makes a difference in your suggestions, I've got 17" wheels and unlike some people I could name, I'm not going to start collecting rims .  Thanks
mikesminirox View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/05 at 6:20am

Originally posted by kristin kristin wrote:

Ok boys - I need some help here.  The screw in my runflat from the dam run is apparently too close to the sidewall to repair.  (I had no idea I needed to aim so the screw punctured the middle of the tire)  Since I hope eventually to try some autocross, what's the group recommendation for my new non-runflat tires?  Are the Yokohamas the way to go?  If it makes a difference in your suggestions, I've got 17" wheels and unlike some people I could name, I'm not going to start collecting rims .  Thanks

I resemble that remark. Kristin what tires are you currently running pirelli or dunlop?.

Mike

When in doubt power out.
15%pully,RMW tune/cam/
450inj,HFheadw/lrg ex valves CAI,HFcat,short shft,LSD,22mm rsway,Painted boot,bon stripes,Tinted,chrome accents 03 MCS CR/W
Kristin View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/05 at 9:03am
They're Dunlops.
Guests View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/05 at 9:10am

I would go with Yokohama.  They're a great value and an excellemtn tire.

Originally posted by kristin kristin wrote:

miniwayne View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/05 at 12:25pm

The best thing you can do is go to "1010tires.com, tirerack.com" and some other sites. Get a feel of what you're looking for and read consumer ratings. There are so many brandsthat limiting yourself to Yokohama would be a mistake.

Driving in Europe is more fun!
Dr_Seuss View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/05 at 2:26am

I have the 215/zr40/17's  (Yokohama). They are just too soft.

I am in need of some new tires but they are all a bit pricey.

So far i have found Dunlap and Han-cook are a really good  in performance too.

Any one got suggetions ,where to get the new tires?

Michael A. Gonder
Guests View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/05 at 4:36am
Hi everyone,

My daughter (Tristan) took the MINI to college in Tacoma, WA (we are from Kansas City). I was wondering if someone would recommend a good place to purchase and have tires put on. We are thinking of getting the Yokohama's as she needs something that won't hydroplane.

Thanks!
Donna
miniwayne View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/05 at 1:31pm

I would recommend "Discount Tires" as the place to get them. But don't just go there and ask them what they think you should get. I did all my research online and told them the exact wheels and tires I wanted. They called the wheel manufacturer to make sure they would fit on the car. Since I bought wheels and tires, I got a good price compared to buying tires and wheels at 2 different stores. I also di not have to pay for mounting, balancing and the other accessories needed to mount them.

I am running Hankook VS2's and I think they are great for autocross. I would recommend smaller wheels for autocross, or at least some that you don't mind getting dirty. A lot of rubber from everywhere on the track will end up on your wheels.

OK, I'm done for now. Thanks for listening

Driving in Europe is more fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply