Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Shopping Mall > MINIs For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

People Eater (may be) for Sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: People Eater (may be) for Sale
    Posted: November/03/08 at 9:45am

SOLD!  (Well, traded inWink)

Edited by People Eater - November/12/08 at 12:01am
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
'13 R60 All4 Oxford Green - HERS
'80 Rover Mini MkVII-EngWh-OURS (really mine!)
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
MINIBUB View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIBUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/08 at 1:23am
I had to do a double take when I saw this post this morning! It's not April Fool's day yet so this must be for real! Say it ain't so Anne, say it ain't soCry
'007 MC PW/B Checker'd mirrors AKA "MINIBUB". Auto with Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold weather pkg, chrome line int. and a couple other little things here & there. More to come? Wife's car, ask her:)
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/08 at 1:35am
So are you are going to start all over again?
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/08 at 6:36am
I think this is more my fault than anything. After she bought her car I liked it so much that I ended up trading in my Mazda3 for my own Cooper. Originally, Andy (our youngest child) fit fine back there, but now that he is growing Anne is growing tired of getting kicked in the back of the seat and he is getting tired of not being able to put his legs down (go figure). So now with two little cars instead of 1 little car and 1 not so little, little car she is considering the clubman. Lord knows I'm not selling mine, so the thought is that she can still have her MINI fun-mobile just one that's a bit longer and more practical for daily driving with a growing 6-year old in the back seat. Smile  We will see...it's a tough decision for her.
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
MINIBUB View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIBUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/08 at 6:59am
Is it cruel to put Andy in the trailer? With a pillow and blanket of course LOL

Edited by MINIBUB - November/04/08 at 6:59am
'007 MC PW/B Checker'd mirrors AKA "MINIBUB". Auto with Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold weather pkg, chrome line int. and a couple other little things here & there. More to come? Wife's car, ask her:)
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/08 at 11:26am
I was truly astounded, especially after you told me that you created your graphic designs.  That's got to be really hard to give up!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/08 at 12:14pm
As I was telling Steve, this is a very hard decision.  I LOVE my car!  I had no idea that you could get attached to a vehicle like I have been with this car.  But, the Clubman I've built gives me the room I'm needing and keeps the fun factor alive.  I'm still not 100% sure, but I'm really leaning this way. 

I guess now it comes down to finding the right offer and/or trade in ... (Jay from MINI, I'll be calling/seeing you soon!)

P.S. - MINIBUB - I checked with the local police, taking Andy in the trailer is slightly illegal.  I'm still considering the option and weighing the pros and cons!Wink
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
beanybb View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beanybb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/08 at 2:14pm
Every car I have ever had to sell, I have cried my eyes out.  I was at a dealer for my Altima in '99, and this woman was trading in her van.  As she was taking everything out to transfer to the new car, she was crying.  A salesperson sitting behind me commented how stupid she was.  I turned to him, and said it may be stupid for him, but that van was her life for however many years she had it, that it was her friend who took her everywhere, and as a salesperson, he should be a bit more respectful of peoples' feelings when they sell their car.  He just stared at me for a second, and said I was right.  I tried to trade in my MINI for an '06 MCSC, I got in it, I started it, I stared at the 6-speed gear shift, the chrome pedals, and I just couldn't do it.  Even though it was everything I wanted!!!!!  I love my little Beanybaby MINI, and it will be with me until one of us dies!!!!  How's that!!!!?  So, Anne, I know how torn you are.  With my nieces (almost 8 and 5) I know the feeling of being kicked in the back!  Believe me, they need the leg room!!  Good luck!  I know you will be equally happy with whichever one you end up with, be it a Clubman, or a Crossover.  (Personally, I would hold out for the Crossover!!!!!!!Wink)
BeanyBaby
A 2005 BlackEye Purple Cabrio
The better half of a two MINI family!
Anna
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/08 at 1:28am
Originally posted by beanybb beanybb wrote:

Every car I have ever had to sell, I have cried my eyes out.  I was at a dealer for my Altima in '99, and this woman was trading in her van.  As she was taking everything out to transfer to the new car, she was crying.  A salesperson sitting behind me commented how stupid she was.  I turned to him, and said it may be stupid for him, but that van was her life for however many years she had it, that it was her friend who took her everywhere, and as a salesperson, he should be a bit more respectful of peoples' feelings when they sell their car.  He just stared at me for a second, and said I was right.  I tried to trade in my MINI for an '06 MCSC, I got in it, I started it, I stared at the 6-speed gear shift, the chrome pedals, and I just couldn't do it.  Even though it was everything I wanted!!!!!  I love my little Beanybaby MINI, and it will be with me until one of us dies!!!!  How's that!!!!?  So, Anne, I know how torn you are.  With my nieces (almost 8 and 5) I know the feeling of being kicked in the back!  Believe me, they need the leg room!!  Good luck!  I know you will be equally happy with whichever one you end up with, be it a Clubman, or a Crossover.  (Personally, I would hold out for the Crossover!!!!!!!Wink)

WOW!  That summed me up perfectly.  As far as the Crossover, that's been a big discussion for us as well.  I had really planned on holding out, but sitting in that Clubman did a number on me!UnhappySmile

Thanks for your understanding.  I'll keep you guys posted.

If you have any friends interested in joining the MINI world, I also have it posted on craigslist for viewing as well.
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/08 at 2:39am
Do they have the clubman in purple?
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/08 at 3:55am
Originally posted by garumph garumph wrote:

Do they have the clubman in purple?

Ha Ha!  That would definitely make the decision easier.  I'm thinking of going with the Hot chocolate and leather/white piping options.  Might end up being a Cocoa Puff!  LOL
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/08 at 4:31am
custom paint job!
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/08 at 5:15am
Originally posted by garumph garumph wrote:

custom paint job!

I think you missed the part about limited finances!   Wink

Come on people ...  The Purple People Eater needs a good home ... Does anyone know anyone willing to take a beautiful and fun car home so that Andy has room for his feet?  LOL
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/08 at 2:53pm
People Eater ... going, going, gone!

We have the Zig, traded the Zag, and now have the ZUG!

We worked with Tomio today (great salesman!) & purchased a BEAUTIFUL Hot Chocolate Clubman S.  I must admit that I shed a tear when saying goodbye, but the new car is AWESOME!  I have more options than I know how to work.  (Can you say roadtrip???)   More pictures to come, but here it is...

Here's Andy saying goodbye to the Purple People Eater  Cry
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
beanybb View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beanybb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/08 at 3:20pm
I must say, we were there - it really happened!  And it is THE MOST GORGEOUS MINI CLUBMAN I have seen!  You are very lucky Anne, to have found this one!  I feel privileged to be one of the first club members to see this dripping in Hot Chocolate Clubman!  CONGRATULATIONS!  WooHoo

(I have been waiting all night for you to post something!)
BeanyBaby
A 2005 BlackEye Purple Cabrio
The better half of a two MINI family!
Anna
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/08 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by beanybb beanybb wrote:

I must say, we were there - it really happened!  And it is THE MOST GORGEOUS MINI CLUBMAN I have seen!  You are very lucky Anne, to have found this one!  I feel privileged to be one of the first club members to see this dripping in Hot Chocolate Clubman!  CONGRATULATIONS!  WooHoo

(I have been waiting all night for you to post something!)

Thanks for keeping our little secret! Big%20smile  And, thanks for you comments on the car.  I still can't believe it's true.  We're headed out on a roadtrip as soon as I finish this post.  WooHoo
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
kulmini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kulmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/08 at 2:52am
Beautiful ride, sure you will enjoy it - #3 Clubman for PSMini if my count is right.
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/08 at 3:32am

Wow, Anne, that's pretty cool.  I almost bought a Clubman just because I wanted the Hot Chocolate color!  So did you trade Purple People Eater?

Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
phydeaux View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phydeaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/08 at 4:20am
Well, that is a sad story to see that People Eater is gone, but it does sound like you ended up with a great car.  :)  I was considering telling my cousin that I had a line on a MIN for sale, but guess I'm too late for that option.  They are down in CA, anyway, so it would have been a bit to get them up here to purchase.

Mod list '05 DS/B MCS
WA plate "2AAREQD"
prs1 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prs1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/08 at 4:32am
Congrats and your right Tomio is a great MA! He helped us get our 09 MCS while you test drove the Clubman last Sat.
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/08 at 5:11am
Our neighbor across the street also got a Hot Chocolate clubman yesterday. We checked it out on our walk this morning.
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black
Coopdy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coopdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/08 at 5:25am
Congrats on the new purchase!  Tomio too is my MA and I meet with him on Friday to pick up my Clubman.

Enjoy and know that you'll make plenty more memories in this MINI as well.
Rachel

'09 DS Clubman S/LSD/Convenience/Cold Weather/Premium/"No holes" license plate & stubby antenna

Deposit down June 29 / Pickup Nov 14

Happily Motoring Since
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/08 at 5:38am

Wow, I can't believe you gave up People Eater, but your new Clubman looks like quite the ride.  Are you gonna keep your little trailer and repaint it to match your Clubman?  I can't wait to see it!  Have you picked out a name yet?  Does that mean you're gonna have to change your ID name on PS MINI?  Please give us more details on your new baby when you have a chance...

Happy motoring,

Brenda

Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
siggiS View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siggiS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/08 at 6:37am
Congratulations Anne. Beautiful Car!!!! I have a feeling you are going to love your Clubman just as much as People Eater. Specially when you won't have little feet kicking the back of your seat any more.Wink
Siggi

2009 Clubman S CR/B Prem/Conv Pkgs/Armrest/Carbon Lounge Leather/Xenon Headlights
KOOLBLU View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOOLBLU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/08 at 6:51am
Congtars on the new car!.  I eyed that Hot Choc. was well. It's a beautiful ride.

I hope People Eater's new family join our little (growing every day) group.
Mark & Judy-Jo
'07 R52 Cool Blue Cabrio
'80/'95 Green/White Tartan LE

EAR2EAR View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAR2EAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/08 at 8:56am
Congratulations guys. Sounds like we need a northend get together for coffee and hot chocolate. Coll
scoop View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/08 at 10:26am
Congratulations Anne!! The Cupcakes have tentatively named your new MINI "Chocolate Chip"

Hug

Welcome To The Club, Man!
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/08 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by scoop scoop wrote:

Congratulations Anne!! The Cupcakes have tentatively named your new MINI "Chocolate Chip"

Hug

Welcome To The Club, Man!

I love it!  We've been working through names, but haven't decided 100% yet.  Your suggestion will definitely go on the list.

Sounds like I had a lot of company with the great service from my MA.  He really went to bat for me & helped me solidfy a fair deal for all.  Alas, the People Eater is sitting on th NW Mini lot waiting for a new owner to love him as much as we did.  But, I'm sure whoever gets him will consider themselves very lucky.  (We counted 2 other Hot Chocolate clubmans being delivered yesterday before us at 2:00 - who knows how many others were going out.  It's a "hot" car - couldn't resist.  Wink)

We took a little trip over to Spokane and back today & surprised Martin's parents.  They know how crazy we are about MINI's, but I think today solidified a certified intervention in the near future.  LOL

A coffee/hot chocolate get together in the near future sounds good.  With the shortened days and rain, I'm not sure when we'll get better pictures.  Happy Motoring!
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
phydeaux View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phydeaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/08 at 1:07pm
Could always go with Mocha, too.

Mod list '05 DS/B MCS
WA plate "2AAREQD"
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/08 at 1:20pm
Ok. Time for the "other half" to chime in here. LOL! First, I have to admit I was a surprised as anyone with Anne's move. We were down at NW MINI for some service last weekend and I asked if we could drive a clubman just for kicks since we had never driven one. Well, Anne got in a Hot Chocolate model and fell in love. Before you know it she was on the configurator all week running different versions. Next thing you know she had a mtg scheduled with Tomio for Saturday to test drive again (you know the drill, Cooper vs. S and checking out interiors and trim, etc). Well, it turned out they had several Hot Chocolate just off the truck, but the one that struck her eye was the one sitting up on the stand right in front of the freeway and boy was it a beauty! Albiet with a "few" more goodies than we ever intended! But in the end after promising she wouldn't even consider going for the Crossman until at least after 1 full year of production she was signing the papers! LOL! Anyway, we drove it to Spokane for lunch today (no kidding) to show it off to the parents and to "get to know" it. All I can say is that I'm VERY impressed with the 2nd Gen MINI. It is much more refined and even more "BMW like" than ever. The low-end torque is 100% improved over the R53. As for the Clubman, it still handles just like a MINI should and is very composed with the extra lenght in the wheelbase. The seats were fabulous and it makes for an extremely comfortable roadtrip car. The 600 mile roundtrip drive gave us plenty of time to learn and play with the nav system and enjoy the satelite radio (both new to us). In short, it's a terrific car and a great addition to the stable and a nice compliment to my R53 which will have to be pried from my cold dead hands! LOL
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>