Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Photos and Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of MINI's in Redwood trees!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of MINI's in Redwood trees!
    Posted: May/19/13 at 6:16pm
If you've driven your MINI through a Redwood (or any other type) of tree (on purpose!) please post a picture here.  We'll start with one of MINIMNT making the drive home, but I know I have seen at least two others out there.  This was taken on June 25, 2010:

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/13 at 8:03pm
I think I have a couple of photos.

SMOG-2, last year, in March 2012.  There is another drive thru tree in the area but can't remember if it is north or south of the Chandelier Tree.

I have a friend who claims that Southern California begins just south of Leggett.

Edited by SMOG - May/20/13 at 8:12pm
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/13 at 11:28am
Awesome!!
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

https://www.facebook.com/julz.mni
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/13 at 5:03pm
Tried to post from iPad and iPhone...errors out saying I have already loaded a file by that name. Guess I will ave to wait til I get home to add mine!
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
jjcarr View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjcarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/14 at 1:32pm
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/14 at 4:35am
Welcome to the Tree Club :-)

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/14 at 9:33am
From our trip last May
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/14 at 9:40am
I wonder how many cars have gotten stuck in that tree??

Did you know that there is another "Drive Through" tree in the area?
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/14 at 11:37am
Bryan-

It looks like you are in a different tree than the Chandler Tree- do you remember the name of it?  We looked for a second one when we drove through but didn't have a lot of extra time to go searching.

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/14 at 12:46pm
It appears that Bryan went through the other tree.  Look at the shape of the hole in the tree and the bottom of the sign is different.

It is the "Tour Thru Tree", near Klamath.  If you notice the curbing is different too.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/14 at 4:45pm
Fun photos, everyone!  Somewhere in a box full of photos and negatives from yesteryear, I believe I have a photo of us going through one of the Redwoods in our (then new) VW Super Beetle!  WooHoo
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/14 at 5:09pm
And the giant car did not get stuck?LOL

I missed a photo op when I was hiking through the Redwoods and came across a 1930's panel truck with a redwood tree growing out from the engine compartment that was as big in diameter as the windshield!  The logger just left it the last time they logged, and it was sitting next to a cabin made entirely out of 3-4ft long shakes.  Pretty amazing and I did not have a camera with me....  There was a steam donkey nearby too.

Edited by SMOG - February/04/14 at 5:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply