Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Site Information and Feedback > Site Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of people and their minis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyintegra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of people and their minis
    Posted: May/07/10 at 8:58am
Is there a way to add pictures of your mini and yourself to your member profile screen. It would be cool if we do it a little like the "Mini Owner's Lounge" and be able to see peoples pictures so we know who to look for when we are out on the roads.
"Do these stripes make me look fast?"

- 2006 Cooper S (ACTL SZ plates), Red w/ white top, White Bonnet Stripes, Sun roof, Cold Weather Package, Sport Package, Premium Package, checkered mirror
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/10 at 12:24pm
I agree with you, that would be nice to look someone up and see a picture of them or at least their MINI/mini.  There is a thread in the "Introduce Yourself" section to post pictures but then you have to scroll through all the pages of the thread to see or find pictures. 
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/10 at 1:55pm
What you guys are talking about is at most thread is commonly known as your Garage.

John
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

tyintegra View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyintegra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/10 at 2:00pm

How do I get to that?

- 2006 Cooper S (ACTL SZ plates), Red w/ white top, White Bonnet Stripes, Sun roof, Cold Weather Package, Sport Package, Premium Package, checkered mirror
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/10 at 3:59pm
We don't have that yet but I believe it is being worked on. if not I am sure after your post here it will be addressed.

John

Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/10 at 4:05pm
There is such a forum for paid members:

http://psmini.org/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=28&title=members-minis-and-profiles-private

Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/10 at 4:29pm
True Rob, but I believe what she is talking about is kind of like facebook where you cam post pictures to your profile page. The members area is more like your own picture thread.

John

WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/10 at 6:15pm
We will take a look at this.  The solution Rob mentioned was the initial solution as I understand it, but we probably can do better. 
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 7:52am
Rob:

I am a "Paid Member" and I find no such "Private" part in the profile.  Maybe I did not pay enough?

The Forum will not allow me to log onto that section.  Not sure what is up.

Stephen

Edited by Soggy-1 - May/24/10 at 7:57am
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
tyintegra View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyintegra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 7:57am
I am willing to go through "the official names with faces with cars thread" and creat a new thread where people only put that information and suggest that people don't respond to those postings at all. Cause they can use a different thread for that. By doing this people could go through the "names with faces thread and not have to sift through 10 pages which are mostly just responses to the pictures.

What do you think?

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 8:04am
Originally posted by tyintegra tyintegra wrote:

I am willing to go through "the official names with faces with cars thread" and creat a new thread where people only put that information and suggest that people don't respond to those postings at all. Cause they can use a different thread for that. By doing this people could go through the "names with faces thread and not have to sift through 10 pages which are mostly just responses to the pictures.

What do you think?

Are you referring to "Pictures of people and their Mini's"?  What you are suggesting is headed back toward the Garage concept, which works on other Forums.  Responses to those photos could always be a PM.
, or a common link in the Thread.

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
tyintegra View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyintegra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 8:10am

Yes.

What do you mean by "common link in the thread".

I just want to do something that would make it really easy to find pictures and also not clutter the website too much.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 8:51am
When "Post Reply" or "Reply" is hit from the Names & Faces with Cars thread it will automatically take to respondent to another thread that holds all comments about the Names/Cars/Faces(since some folks dress in costume, or I hope that is what is is!).

S.

tyintegra View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyintegra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 9:12am
that sounds like it would be perfect.

Is this something that I should put together or should it be handled by one of the administrators?

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 10:39am
I do not know who is in charge of these sorts of things, but it certainly needs to be done.  A vehicle. a face to associate with that vehicle and at least one real name to put with that face. 

I was not born "Soggy-1" but being upside down in kayaks and towing kayaks around was my motivation.  If I upgrade the Mini to an "S" version then the name will change but the only thing that changes on my face is to beard or not to beard.  My name is Stephen, and that will not change.

If I were King I would put the "Garage" under "Members Profile".

S.

Edited by Soggy-1 - May/24/10 at 10:41am
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 10:52am
Soggy:

What Rob is talking about can be found in the PSMini Paid Members section, the topic is , Members Minis and Profiles.

John

WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 10:55am
Hey there!  I would love to have someone organize this and make it work better.  Right now we have a lengthy thread in the 'official names with faces thread' http://www.psmini.org/forum/the-official-names-with-faces-with-cars-thread_topic3267.html and individual threads under the Members section: http://www.psmini.org/forum/members-minis-and-profiles-private_forum28.html.

The members only section applies to paid members and everyone forgets the silly password (if they knew it at all).  We're going to change that to make it easier.  I'll pm both of you with the password.

So, let's work it out and run with it!  I'll send you both an email.
Linda
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 11:04am
Humm how come I know it then ,LOLOLOLOL.

What would work best is if when you click on the members name and that pull down comes down, you could put the garage choice there, or just some how add a place in their profile to do this.

John

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 11:06am
J:

That is exactly what I was trying to convey.

S.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 11:09am
J:

The Paid Member Section had a Password that I was never given, until today.  That always puzzled me and I thought it was for Admin only, but I was wrong.

S.

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 12:22pm
S:
That section and how you got the password is something that is left over from the former President.

J.

FYI: I am sure it can be made more user friendly.

Edited by johnf36 - May/24/10 at 12:23pm

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/10 at 12:30pm
J::

Ah sooooo!

Yes, it could be made more easily done.  The "Garage" accessible from the "Pull Down" in the "Members Avatar" next to a "Post", only editable by the member themselves would be good!

S.

Edited by SMOG-1 - November/23/10 at 5:56am
 Post Reply Post Reply