URL: http://www.psmini.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3136
Printed Date: April/18/24 at 12:35pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: PSMini Coffee - Coffee City, Federal Way
Posted By: kulmini
Subject: PSMini Coffee - Coffee City, Federal Way
Date Posted: January/14/08 at 11:56am
Hey MINI Motor-ers.........

Time for a PSMini Coffee, let's say at 9AM, Sat Jan 26, 2008 at Coffee City, Federal Way.  See HipChecks post below for full address and map.

We have several new members, time to met them.

Rain or shine, let's get together.........................

Comments/Suggestions!

-------------
Don & Becki

2006 PW/B 'S' kulmini

2006 LY/B kulbee

Replies:
Posted By: hip check
Date Posted: January/14/08 at 11:30pm
There is a little coffee shop off the Federal Way/Hwy 18 exit a block west of Costco by the Burger King if we want to try something in that area.  I don't know the name but have been in there many times.

-------------
Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]

Posted By: wdavidhicks
Date Posted: January/14/08 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by hip check hip check wrote:

Federal Way/Hwy 18 exit a block west of Costco

That area used to be an ugly truck stop.  It's a bustling little shopping area now.

In any case, I'm interested.  I anticipate dying to show off a brand new MINI.

-------------

-Dave
Ulysses, Special Bone Stock Edition: 08/MCS/LB-W/Stripes/DSC/LSD/DPSR/PremPkg/SportSusp/Xenons

Date Posted: January/14/08 at 11:54pm

There is a little coffee shop off the Federal Way/Hwy 18 exit a block west of Costco by the Burger King if we want to try something in that area.  I don't know the name but have been in there many times.
Mitch,
If you have time check it out and see if there is enough room inside plus parking for show and tell.  Even though it may be cold, like it was in Mill Creek, folks still like to share.  Let us know.

Thanks,
Don

-------------
Don & Becki

2006 PW/B 'S' kulmini

2006 LY/B kulbee

Date Posted: January/15/08 at 12:18am
I googled them from space and there is plenty of parking.  The place is Coffee City.  Here's the link.

Coffee City 
34815 Pacific Hwy S # 201, Federal Way, WA 
(253) 925-0167 
Link: < http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=coffee&near=&sll=47.289733,-122.318256&sspn=0.001328,0.002494&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=B&om=1 - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=coffee&near=&sll=47.289733,-122.318256&sspn=0.001328,0.002494&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=B&om=1

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Posted By: garumph
Date Posted: January/15/08 at 12:27am
That sound good. If anyone is interested, that would be a perfect location to do the loop up around Federal Way on 509 and finish at the wine shop for a little tasting. Saturday is tasting at the shop from noon to 4, $2 /person.

Any interested in that as an after coffee drive and social?

-------------
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: January/15/08 at 12:39am
Any chance of doing it at 9am instead? 

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Date Posted: January/15/08 at 1:25am

Any chance of doing it at 9am instead? 

Let's split the difference and say 9:30 at Coffee City, Federal Way.  We have some that want it later than 9AM and others that want it earlier.

-------------
Don & Becki

2006 PW/B 'S' kulmini

2006 LY/B kulbee

Posted By: Peabody
Date Posted: January/15/08 at 3:01am
Sounds great!  Count us in.  I'll have to check my calendar regarding the wine tasting, but I rarely turn down an opportunity like that.

-------------
John & Mavourneen
2008 MCS Cabrio - BRG - 15%pulley - Dinan CAI - H&R rear sway bar - Screamin Demon coil - Craven strut tower defenders - Multivex mirrors

Date Posted: January/15/08 at 4:35am
I don't know about other's schedules but I am coaching my son's hockey team at 10:30 so I have a small window from 9 to 9:30am before I would have to leave.

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Posted By: MINI-Rolls
Date Posted: January/15/08 at 6:23am

Here is a more updated map of the area, note the truck stop is gone

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=47.288727~-122.314841&style=a&lvl=18&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=411.086085462943&cam=47.288727~-122.314841&scene=-1&encType=1 - COFFEE CITY

Fixed the link to show the location

-------------
Dave
MINI-Rolls

Posted By: scoop
Date Posted: January/15/08 at 7:49am

I googled them from space and there is plenty of parking.  The place is Coffee City.  Here's the link.  

Mitch: What are you doing in space?

Posted By: Chili-S
Date Posted: January/15/08 at 11:43am

I don't know about other's schedules but I am coaching my son's hockey team at 10:30 so I have a small window from 9 to 9:30am before I would have to leave.
I like the 9:00 time.  A 9:00 meetup in FW will still give us couple of hours to sleep in - unlike the first time we drove to the 8:00 at Mill Creek.  Plus, we can all give Mitch some coaching pointers!

-------------
Chili-S 2004 CR/W JCW
Linda and Ron Carignan

Date Posted: January/15/08 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Chili-S Chili-S wrote:

I like the 9:00 time.  A 9:00 meetup in FW will still give us couple of hours to sleep in - unlike the first time we drove to the 8:00 at Mill Creek.  Plus, we can all give Mitch some coaching pointers!

No problem with me, I can be there at whatever time someone wants to meet.  We can say we will meet between 9 and 10AM.  I was just trying to accommodate those that like to sleep-in or have to travel a bit.  Me, I rise at 5AM with the dogs so I can be on the road as early as 6AM.

Let's go for 9 to 10AM, meet Chili-S at Forza Lacey at 8AM.................we can then meet Mitch at 9AM.

-------------
Don & Becki

2006 PW/B 'S' kulmini

2006 LY/B kulbee

Posted By: Minihaha
Date Posted: January/16/08 at 1:57am
Barring any more colds, I should be able to make this one.
Milt

-------------
`06 MCS Red/Blk,Mini Madness V2 Exhaust,MM Cold air intake,M-7 Strut brace,Alta 15% Pulley,19mm SB,JH6 17 inch wheels

Posted By: Kristin
Date Posted: January/16/08 at 10:26am
I think we can be there.  Gee, Don, someone who gets up early 7 days a week like me!  If you ever want to do an EARLY coffee at Hawks Prairie, let us know.

-------------
Kristin & Rich
’04 CR/W JCW MCS

Vita Brevis

Posted By: albuerne
Date Posted: January/17/08 at 7:30am
Ohhh....I think this will be the first event for me and my mini.  I'll be picking it up at NW MINI next tuesday (I think), so this would be perfect!

Count me in.

Alex

Date Posted: January/17/08 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Alex Alex wrote:

I'll be picking it up at NW MINI next tuesday

Arrrgh...  I was really hoping they'd have things sooner for us, Alex.  Next Tuesday is the very end of the 7-14 day window that NW MINI says they normally see cars in.

Who's your MA over there?  Aaron emailed me today and said he'd let me know me as soon as he saw it.  I can't imagine the trucks just pull up to the dealership at any given moment and say "Make room.  I got twelve MINI Coopers for ya".

-------------

-Dave
Ulysses, Special Bone Stock Edition: 08/MCS/LB-W/Stripes/DSC/LSD/DPSR/PremPkg/SportSusp/Xenons

Date Posted: January/17/08 at 9:06am
You folks can come to the coffee without your new MINIs, we know it won't be as much fun but you can still meet part of the group.  You will be welcomed.

-------------
Don & Becki

2006 PW/B 'S' kulmini

2006 LY/B kulbee

Date Posted: January/17/08 at 10:57am

Originally posted by kulmini kulmini wrote:

You folks can come to the coffee without your new MINIs

Perish the thought please.  We will arrive in MINIs.  :)

-------------

-Dave

Date Posted: January/17/08 at 11:57am

We'll pick you up if you'd like to ride in ours. Stern%20Smile

Posted By: jaqjaq
Date Posted: January/17/08 at 12:22pm
Cam and I are thinking this would be a lot of fun, but Jaq Jaq might have to show up dirty...oh the shame....Ermm

-------------
Janet and Cameron
good things come in MINI packages

Posted By: Hapa Haole
Date Posted: January/17/08 at 12:23pm
Shucks, I'll be working that day at the FD.  Cry  Maybe I could stop in with my crew in my "other" vehicle?  It's not a MINI, but it's just as fun to drive at times:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go with you for a drive afterwards (at least not very far). Wink

-------------
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm

Date Posted: January/17/08 at 12:54pm
So who is interested in a drive then wine tasting after coffee? We should probably have a count so we can warn them if we end up being a large group.

edit:
http://www.yourwinebasket.com/index.html - http://www.yourwinebasket.com/index.html
They will be tasting Sleeping Dog Wines

Disclaimer: we are not affiliated with the wine shop

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: January/17/08 at 12:57pm
My arm is twisted - along with my mind.

-------------
Chili-S 2004 CR/W JCW
Linda and Ron Carignan

Date Posted: January/17/08 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by scooop scooop wrote:

We'll pick you up if you'd like to ride in ours.
Flaming

I'll wait for the fire truck.

-------------

-Dave

Date Posted: January/17/08 at 2:01pm
I'll have to pass on the wine tasting.  The refs at the hockey game afterwards might not appreciate my loss of inhibition.

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Date Posted: January/18/08 at 1:26am
Originally posted by wdavidhicks wdavidhicks wrote:

Originally posted by Alex Alex wrote:

I'll be picking it up at NW MINI next tuesday

Arrrgh...  I was really hoping they'd have things sooner for us, Alex.  Next Tuesday is the very end of the 7-14 day window that NW MINI says they normally see cars in.

Who's your MA over there?  Aaron emailed me today and said he'd let me know me as soon as he saw it.  I can't imagine the trucks just pull up to the dealership at any given moment and say "Make room.  I got twelve MINI Coopers for ya".

Hey David,

My MA is Jay.  He's my 2nd MA at the NW Mini.  I've been in contact with him constantly about delivery.  He mentioned that our cars were put on trucks on the 15th and it usually takes 3 days to get up to the dealership.  I gave them a 1 day grace, so I would guess that delivery on the 19th.  Then 2 days for NW Mini to do what they need to with the cars, so that's how I'm guessing Tuesday is the day we can motor off with our new kids.

Jay never really confirmed anything but, it was just an educated guess.  He also mentioned that they have literally not been given accurate updates on mini deliveries and have been surprised by trucks pulling up with loads of cars on them.

It's interesting that even the dealers don't know exactly where the cars are in this day.  I'm sure the trucking company they use have gps locators on their trucks.  They should be see exactly where the truck is.

Alex

Date Posted: January/19/08 at 12:02am
I was amazed at how much prep work the dealership does.  The distribution center pulls the protective skin and hot washes the wax off.  The dealership takes them to be detailed.  There's this other oily protective inhibitor that's all over the engine compartment and door sills and such that they clean off.  There's rubber snubbers on the shocks that have to come out.  Something is done to the vehicle to enable it to be run at only the slowest speeds, they reset that to normal.  The radio and air conditioner don't even work for some protective measure, they rectify that.  Northwest MINI has seen about six trucks so far with vehicles that rolled off in Port Hueneme on the eighth.  Just none of them happened to be ours.

Ahem... Oh Yes!  Coffee City in Federal Way on Saturday, January 26th.

"Not just an ugly truck stop"

-------------

-Dave

Date Posted: January/19/08 at 1:20pm
Yah.  I was amazed too about how much work the dealer has to do before its ready for is.  Good news, mine is at the dealer.  I arrived there today.  Wooot!

Did yours get here too?

Alex

Date Posted: January/20/08 at 3:56am
Cupcake and Scoop are in for coffee and wine. And I can finally clean the Xmas gift you won out of my boot. Woo hoo!

Date Posted: January/20/08 at 3:58am
OK, where are we meeting? We were at LA Fitness this morning and didn't see the place. Is it over in the old mall by burger king? Lu Lu something? Parking in there can be a little tight. Not a lot of space there this morning.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Posted By: ginainbelltown
Date Posted: January/20/08 at 10:38am
Count me in!

-------------
Forget my past; it is my checkered present you need to worry about!

2013 MCS/ Red, White & Checkerboard /CHECKRD

Posted By: jorge
Date Posted: January/20/08 at 1:03pm
I'll try to make it after I'm done coaching at 10:30 a.m.
Jorge
DS 07 MCS 

-------------
Jorge/Road Runner

Posted By: CINIMIN
Date Posted: January/21/08 at 1:25pm
Can someone post more specific driving instructions for those of us coming from the north?  Thanks.

-------------
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Date Posted: January/21/08 at 11:17pm
Jack et al.,

At the Federal Way/Hwy 18 exit, take the Federal Way exit heading west. At the second major intersection turn left then immediately turn right into the 1st parking lot and you're there.

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Date Posted: January/21/08 at 11:54pm
Second major intersection?  I had this all wrong.  It's not in that new shopping district where the ugly truck stop was.  It's on the west side of Pacific Hwy close to the Burger King.

-------------

-Dave

Date Posted: January/22/08 at 12:04am
Correct.

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Date Posted: January/22/08 at 1:57am
Thanks Mitch.  There may be something to this asking for directions thing...

-------------
Jack -

Posted By: Pawsome
Date Posted: January/23/08 at 3:35am
I should be there and i am hoping either cmk4 or Wildfamily (or both!) will be there so i can give them their "winnings" ;-)

Date Posted: January/23/08 at 11:19am
I will have PSMini T-shirts for sale at the coffee.  They come in either black or gray, sizes S to XXL and for members the cost is only $8 or non-members, $9.  I will try and make sure I have some of all but if you want me to ensure I have some just for you, let me know and we will make it happen.

Looks like we are going to have a good group, tentatively I count:
kulmini
hip check
wdavidhicks
garumph
jmmobile
Chili-S
Scooop
Milt Harkness
kristin
alburne
jagjag
ginainbelltown
jorge
CINIMIN
miniphatty 

Looks like a good time and don't let the reports of rain/snow bother you.....................

-------------
Don & Becki

2006 PW/B 'S' kulmini

2006 LY/B kulbee

Date Posted: January/23/08 at 11:46am
Wine tasting starts at Noon. There is a nice little drive around 509 (with some good twisties) that we can do. Otherwise the wine shop is only about a mile north of the coffee place.

Also the wine tasting is $2 per person.

Did we decide on a meeting time? was it 9:00, 9:30, or 10:00?

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: January/23/08 at 12:08pm
Gordon: yes.

Wacko

Date Posted: January/23/08 at 1:02pm
Meeting time is anytime between 9 to 10AM, will be nice to see everyone.  Gordon, the drive sounds nice, would you like to lead the way.  Sorry I don't do wine but that is not to say my wife won't. 

-------------
Don & Becki

2006 PW/B 'S' kulmini

2006 LY/B kulbee

Date Posted: January/23/08 at 11:47pm
It looks like I won't make it on Saturday. We have a family emergency. Does someone else want to take point in getting folks to the wine shop? They are expecting us.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: January/23/08 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by garumph garumph wrote:

It looks like I won't make it on Saturday. We have a family emergency. Does someone else want to take point in getting folks to the wine shop? They are expecting us.

Sorry to hear you won't make, hope that all is okay.  Not a big wine fan so sorry, I cannot help with that end of it. 

Don

-------------
Don & Becki

2006 PW/B 'S' kulmini

2006 LY/B kulbee

Date Posted: January/24/08 at 2:41am
I'll step up for the wine shop. Do we know how many were planning on that leg?

Date Posted: January/24/08 at 2:48am
I never got an exact number, with 14 cars planning to show, it sounded like about 10 that would make it to the tasting.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Posted By: pixie_dust
Date Posted: January/24/08 at 7:58am
Don,
Do you have Sweatshirts as well as the T-shirts?
There is a small chance I will be able to make it to Saturday morning and I am in need of a PS MINI Sweatshirt..

-------------
"Pixie" 06 MCS HB/W (stripes), Prem. & Chrono PKG, Aero Kit, Euro Shelf Custom Roof Graphic and Latte Machine

Date Posted: January/24/08 at 8:06am
Originally posted by pixie_dust pixie_dust wrote:

Don,
Do you have Sweatshirts as well as the T-shirts?
There is a small chance I will be able to make it to Saturday morning and I am in need of a PS MINI Sweatshirt..

Sorry, no sweatshirts.

-------------
Don & Becki

2006 PW/B 'S' kulmini

2006 LY/B kulbee

Date Posted: January/24/08 at 8:16am
Garumph: Is http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&near=&ie=UTF8&om=1&msa=0&ll=47.299489,-122.303925&spn=0.131782,0.322723&z=12&msid=113033474245425947143.00044480caf62915c8f06 - this an OK route ?

I can drive it tomorrow to check on timing.

Date Posted: January/24/08 at 8:44am
Excellent!

-------------
Chili-S 2004 CR/W JCW
Linda and Ron Carignan

Posted By: Peabody
Date Posted: January/24/08 at 11:47am
We will be at the coffee meeting for sure.  We are going to try to make it to the wine tasting, but need to do some rescheduling.  This vague response probably doesn't help for a winetasting head count, but is the best we can do right now.

-------------
John & Mavourneen
2008 MCS Cabrio - BRG - 15%pulley - Dinan CAI - H&R rear sway bar - Screamin Demon coil - Craven strut tower defenders - Multivex mirrors

Date Posted: January/24/08 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by scooop scooop wrote:

Garumph: Is http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&near=&ie=UTF8&om=1&msa=0&ll=47.299489,-122.303925&spn=0.131782,0.322723&z=12&msid=113033474245425947143.00044480caf62915c8f06 - this an OK route ?

I can drive it tomorrow to check on timing.

That was pretty much the route I had planned, It is probably easier to go down pac highway to 356 instead of 1st, and the twisties on McMurray are a lot of fun. It is the first right after you get to 509 coming down norpoint. You can then follow Brown's point back to 509.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: January/25/08 at 5:10am
Hi all: I went and plotted the route this morning. Two things to note:

1. The name of the coffee place is now Lindy Lou's. It is a bit hidden. It's behind the Burger King and next door to the Subway. It's a nice place -- inside. She's expecting us and parking should not be an issue for the numbers we have.

2. Even if you are not doing the wine tasting, please consider the drive to the wine place. It takes us along some of my favorite back roads in that area, although not all of them are twisty.

Pray for no snow Wacko

[edit: finally put in the correct name of the coffee spot]

Date Posted: January/25/08 at 5:44am
It is one of my favorite routes. I use to drive it a lot with my daughter when she was learning to drive since our house is almost right in the center of the route.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: January/25/08 at 9:45am
I actually might be able to make it. Shelly won't. We will have to see how things go in the morning.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Posted By: CosmicTraveler
Date Posted: January/25/08 at 12:24pm
Don ... Any baseball hats?  Don't need one, but really want one.

One for caffeine, zero for wine (but I'll make up for that sometime very soon).

-------------
   Take It Easy ... Buck

'06 MCS JCW CR/CR

Date Posted: January/25/08 at 1:13pm
Sorry no hats!  See you tomorrow..................

-------------
Don & Becki

2006 PW/B 'S' kulmini

2006 LY/B kulbee

Date Posted: January/25/08 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Cos Cos wrote:

One for caffeine, zero for wine

Me too Cosmic.

I need to head over to Infotech to pick up new PC parts after morning coffee.  All MINI drivers build their own computers, right?

-------------

-Dave

Date Posted: January/25/08 at 1:50pm

Jack & Linda plan on being there for coffee but family obligations preclude the drive and wine stop. 

Dave - we used to build our own - but then we did the math and it came out infavor of store bought.  Have been known to do a few mods however...  

-------------
Jack -

Posted By: bee
Date Posted: January/27/08 at 2:24pm
hey,  i couldn't make this coffee meet-up Cry but i want to meet the group!  who plans coffee trips -- can anyone?  how often do you usually do them?

Posted By: CosmicTraveler
Date Posted: January/27/08 at 2:44pm

We did miss you Wink.

Anyone can plan a coffee, or any event for that matter.  It seems that coffees pop up once a month, give or take.  Feel free to check out the events calendar for "free" times, then go for it!  Somewhere today was a suggestion for an east side coffee, apparently since there hasn't been for a while.  That could be yours should you want to venture across the water.  It is a good idea to check parking availabilty before picking a spot.  Everyone likes to walk around and look at the MINIs while running in and out for refills.  You probably should check with CINIMIN (Jack) before finalizing a date.  He minds the Event Calendar.

Have we seen a pic of your MINI?

-------------
   Take It Easy ... Buck

'06 MCS JCW CR/CR

Posted By: Pawsome
Date Posted: January/28/08 at 5:29am
I missed out again - i was sick again :(. Dang it.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net