Print Page | Close Window

NW Harvest Challenge - Squadrons

Printed From: Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club
Category: Site Information and Feedback
Forum Name: NW Harvest MINI v. PORSCHE 2011 Challenge
Forum Description: Let's raise some money for NW Harvest and show that MINI Hearts are MIGHTY Hearts!
URL: http://www.psmini.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8540
Printed Date: April/19/24 at 1:12am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: NW Harvest Challenge - Squadrons
Posted By: CORNERS
Subject: NW Harvest Challenge - Squadrons
Date Posted: November/15/11 at 7:32pm
All - an update from Greg (Boomer): 

SQUADRONS FOR MINI PORSCHE CHALLENGE

OK here’s an idea & a request. Last year as you all know, we met up at Seattle Mini prior to the actual event. We left there in small groups or SQUADRONS for Marymoor Park. Good idea, but in reality it didn’t work all that well!

So this year, here’s a plan that I hope everyone will buy into:

North End: James (Hot Shot) had talked about meeting at Frost Donuts prior to the event. I think it’s a great idea and I  plan on being there about 10:30 (I want an Apple Fritter and some coffee). So anyone in the area, plan on meeting up there and motoring over to Overlake Christian Church to meet up with everyone else. It will take about 30 Minutes to get to the Church by Noon so, departure time from Frost Donuts could be 11:30.

South End: Pat (ONRAMP) is putting something together for his buddies down South. Not sure of the details, but maybe Pat will post them up on this thread and people coming from that area can meet up with Pat’s group and motor to the Church.

East Side: Need someone to organize this and pick a meeting place & time. Thinking somewhere in the North Bend or Issaquah area would be good and this squadron could then motor from their meeting up spot and arrive at the Church @ NOON.

West Side: Need someone to organize this and pick a meeting place & time as well. Thinking the group might even want to consider meeting up with the South Enders but this might not be all that great because of timing.

If we can pull this off, we’ll have WAVES OF MINI’s DESCENDING ON OVERLAKE CHRISTIAN CHURCH AND THE PORSCHE CROWD WON’T KNOW WHAT HIT THEM!

Let me know if this is doable and who will step up and organize their squadron locations.

I’M ALSO OPEN TO OTHER IDEAS!

What ever will add to the event and make it more fun for people to participate, I’m all for it!

So whose going to step up?

LET’S ROCK PORSCHE’S WORLD!

CHEERS!

Greg

-------------

Kurt/04 R53 http://youtube.com/user/khammo01" rel="nofollow - Check out My MOD MINI repair videos channel @ YouTube

Replies:
Posted By: CINIMIN
Date Posted: November/15/11 at 8:14pm
Greg / Kurt -
Sounds like an excelent Plan - Put me down for the !st  Transport Squadron (Provisional)l meeting at Frost Donuts...  And North End West Siders are welcome to join in...

-------------
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Posted By: Dave's not here
Date Posted: November/15/11 at 8:21pm
I can help out with the South end end, side, whatever...

-------------
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.

Posted By: Boomer
Date Posted: November/16/11 at 5:56am
Dave thanks! Touch base with ONRAMP, Pat.

Be sure to talk it up with all your MINI buddies!

Cheers!

-------------
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty

Posted By: onramp
Date Posted: November/16/11 at 4:27pm
South Enders are meeting at Jason's restaurant (located just south of the intersection of 512 and Meridian) at 8:00 or 7:00, depending on the length of twisties Phydeaux will come up with.  Personally, 8:00 and a relatively untwisty route would be OK.  Once I hear, I will let you know.  Please holler if you plan to join me - Jason's would like a bit of a headcount.

Pat

-------------
2006 Hyper Blue JCW

Posted By: Slyderone
Date Posted: December/01/11 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by onramp onramp wrote:

South Enders are meeting at Jason's restaurant (located just south of the intersection of 512 and Meridian) at 8:00 or 7:00, depending on the length of twisties Phydeaux will come up with.  Personally, 8:00 and a relatively untwisty route would be OK.  Once I hear, I will let you know.  Please holler if you plan to join me - Jason's would like a bit of a headcount.

Pat
What time Pat?

-------------
John 05 MCSC: Alta CAI, 15%, JCW Head and Injectors, RMW Street Cam, Jan Tune
(SLYDER1 plates)

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar…"       

Posted By: CORNERS
Date Posted: December/02/11 at 2:13am
John - Pat is suggesting a 9:00am meet time. 

See Pat's post near the bottom: 
http://www.psmini.org/forum/gloves-are-off_topic8586.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.psmini.org/forum/gloves-are-off_topic8586.html

-------------

Kurt/04 R53 http://youtube.com/user/khammo01" rel="nofollow - Check out My MOD MINI repair videos channel @ YouTube

Date Posted: December/02/11 at 4:55am
Hiya, John!

Kurt is right - 9:00.  Wanna meet here?  I think Kermit will be coming here, and we'll leave here NLT 8:30.  Anybody coming with you?

Pat

-------------
2006 Hyper Blue JCW

Date Posted: December/02/11 at 12:30pm
Not sure yet so just me for now I will let you know as soon as I know.

-------------
(SLYDER1 plates)

Posted By: Hapa Haole
Date Posted: December/02/11 at 1:42pm
So is it a 8:30 or 9am departure from Randy's? Count me in either way... Wink

-------------
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm

Date Posted: December/02/11 at 1:43pm
I was just thinking... If we're going to do a lot of twisties, I'd better secure the load in my MINI. Shocked

-------------
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm

Date Posted: December/02/11 at 3:34pm
Brenda I think Pat is leaving his house at 8:30 to get to Jason's in Puallup by 9:00 for breakfast then twistie to the meet up point.

-------------
(SLYDER1 plates)

Date Posted: December/02/11 at 5:29pm
Yep - Jason's (Randy's? LOL) at 9:00 for Breakfast.  Then leave for a bit of a backroads trip to Redmond.  Steve coming?

Pat

-------------
2006 Hyper Blue JCW

Posted By: Sanderskog
Date Posted: December/02/11 at 5:46pm
OK, y'all need to tell me when you think you'll be going over 18 through Snoqualmie Ridge.  It's the opposite direction for me but I plan to head up there and meet you to enjoy the back county drive.

Eric - Keep your phone on!

-------------
2012 VW Golf Pirate Edition... Aarrr! - JACK

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson
LIVESTRONG

Date Posted: December/02/11 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by onramp onramp wrote:

Yep - Jason's (Randy's? LOL) at 9:00 for Breakfast.  Then leave for a bit of a backroads trip to Redmond.  Steve coming?

Pat
Oops! I’m not sure where I got Randy. LOL See you tomorrow morning. 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net