Print Page | Close Window

"I've Been to the Edge" Drive to Edgefield

Printed From: Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club
Category: Events
Forum Name: You Create It and Name It
Forum Description: Want to create your own event? Use this forum for planning and idea sharing.
URL: http://www.psmini.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9612
Printed Date: April/17/24 at 10:30pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: "I've Been to the Edge" Drive to Edgefield
Posted By: garumph
Subject: "I've Been to the Edge" Drive to Edgefield
Date Posted: November/04/12 at 11:59am

http://www.mcmenamins.com/Edgefield" rel="nofollow - http://www.mcmenamins.com/Edgefield
Come join us for a drive to the Edgefield hotel in Troutdale OR to welcome in spring on the weekend of April 27/28. We will be taking a nice long drive down to Portland and spend the night at the Edgefield Hotel in Troutdale. Edgefield is one of the flagship McMenamin properties. It has 2 restaurants about 5 bars, a spa, and a 12 and 20 hole par 3 golf course.

We are announcing this so early because is very difficult to get room at the Edgefield on a Saturday so if you think you might want to attend, make reservations now! They do not charge your card and you can cancel with no penalty up to 48 hours before you arrive. So it costs nothing to reserve your place. It can be done on-line at the link above or call

Rooms are $90 (Queen) to $114 (King). All rooms have the bathroom down the hall. They have big fluffy bathrobes in the rooms and most of the bathrooms are private so it works pretty well.

Stay tuned for more information but this should be a fun weekend!

If you want to join us but don't want to or can't stay at the Edgefield, there is a http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/US/OR/Troutdale-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-PLUS-Cascade-Inn---Suites/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=38140&group=false&srcPage=SelectHotel&isMapOpen=false&selectedHotels=" rel="nofollow - Best Western just down the road about 1/2 mile. Rooms run about $109.
So who is in? Make your reservations now!

Attending:
1. garumph (Gordon & Shelly)
2. MiniCharley (Dean & Belinda)
3. CupCake (Mark & Andy)
4. leogetz (Leo & Erin) 
5. Levi (Jim & Barb)
6. Hapa Haole (Brenda & Steve)
7. catlvr2 (Leanne & Larry)
8. Peabody (John & Mavourneen)
9. Sixate (Bryan & Elizabeth)
10. seamill (? & ?)
11. Twizzlr (Karin & Karen)
12. bchaltraw (Ben & Linda)
13. ipeverywhere (Ryan & Tracey)
14.  (David & Karin)
15. Saphire (Donna & Les)
16. AJT (Alan & Janet)

-------------
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black

Replies:
Posted By: leogetz
Date Posted: November/04/12 at 5:56pm
We're in! (Leo & Erin) Love the McMenamins hotels. Already booked our room. Looking forward to it

-------------
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights

Posted By: MiniCharley
Date Posted: November/05/12 at 7:40am
I am sooooooooooo looking forward to this weekend!! It's going to be a great time!! Our room is booked!

-------------
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA

Posted By: Oranos991
Date Posted: November/05/12 at 9:13am
Myself and partner in crime Laura booked our reservations today! Count us in!

Thanks for setting such an awesome event up!!

-------------
2006 pepper white JCW, 17% Pulley, Light crank pulley, Scream'in demon coil pack, Brisk LGS plugs, fire braid wires, JCW airbox flap mod..... Mini with the [BIG MAN] STICKER

Posted By: MINIMNT
Date Posted: November/05/12 at 9:56am
Booked.  Just to clarify, there is no room block? 

Thanks,
Stacie

-------------
2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)

Date Posted: November/05/12 at 10:11am
There is no room block. We would have to rent a dining hall, and that came with a host of issues.  

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: November/05/12 at 2:26pm

So how are the common bathrooms? for people who have been. I tried to book a room with a private bathroom, but they were all taken! So I assume the common bathrooms are multiple full bathrooms? the doors lock and such for when ur using them and all? or is it like a bath house O.O lol!

-------------
2006 pepper white JCW, 17% Pulley, Light crank pulley, Scream'in demon coil pack, Brisk LGS plugs, fire braid wires, JCW airbox flap mod..... Mini with the [BIG MAN] STICKER

Date Posted: November/05/12 at 2:51pm
There are a couple types. On the first floor the showers and baths are behind doors and closed compartments in the mens room with stalls and urinals like any regular bathroom. Don't know about the women's. On floor 2 and 3 the bathrooms have showers or a tub and sink and are private rooms that you can lock and shower with your sweetie. There isn't a separate mens and woman's bath. You see lots of folks wandering to the bathrooms with their bathrobes on so it doesn't feel weird.  The bathrooms are actually quite nice.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: November/05/12 at 7:31pm
Yea when I was reading it I was thinking..is this like showering at the gym...just a row of guys showering lol! But no that does sound nice, thanks for clarifying

-------------

Posted By: Hapa Haole
Date Posted: November/08/12 at 9:02pm
Reservations made! Big smile

-------------
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm

Posted By: catlvr2
Date Posted: November/09/12 at 9:54am
Reservation has been made for Larry and me.

-------------
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper

Posted By: Peabody
Date Posted: November/14/12 at 11:44am
We just made our reservation.  This trip sounds great!

-------------
John & Mavourneen
2008 MCS Cabrio - BRG - 15%pulley - Dinan CAI - H&R rear sway bar - Screamin Demon coil - Craven strut tower defenders - Multivex mirrors

Date Posted: December/10/12 at 1:18pm
updated the guest list in the first post. If anybody is considering going on this drive, make reservations now. Edgefield fills up quickly on the weekends and reservations are hard to get. But they are easy to cancel if you find you can't make it. Reserve now with no deposit and cancel at least 48 hours before your scheduled arrival with no risk.

See details in the first post.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Posted By: Wildfamily
Date Posted: December/10/12 at 2:53pm
Would love to attend but that's opening race weekend for Conference that weekend at PIR. Might be able to stop by for a brew after the race though! Stop by the track for a bit on Sat or Sun for a field trip ! ;)

-------------
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White

Posted By: Roy
Date Posted: December/15/12 at 3:09pm
The homepage lists all events within a 60 day time window (might even be 45 days, I don't recall), so unfortunately this event is too far into the future to show up.

When I get back to my desktop I'll add a link to this event in the homepage news section.

-------------
Roy (formerly Shazoom)
2008 CR/B JCW Cabrio

Posted By: WOODSTOCK
Date Posted: December/15/12 at 9:42pm
I did put something out on the Homepage news the other day, Roy.  Feel free to tweak.

-------------
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman

Posted By: Levi
Date Posted: December/16/12 at 8:44pm
We've booked our room!  Sounds like fun.

-------------
2012 Lightning Blue S-Convert
with a "Denim" top

Date Posted: December/17/12 at 10:17am
This is going to be such a great event!! Can't wait! I just wish it wasn't so far away! :)

-------------
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE

Date Posted: December/31/12 at 5:40pm
Still rooms available. Reserve a room if you are considering going. There is no obligation if you cancel 48 hours before expected arrival.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: January/01/13 at 6:19pm
The Mrs and I were talking about this trip today...we're very excited.

I know the specific schedule is still TBD. But will anything we do on Sunday take us terribly far from the PDX area? We're considering extending our stay in the area an additional night...

Thanks in advance

-------------
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights

Date Posted: January/02/13 at 6:28am
We were planning on enjoying Edgefield on Sunday and maybe some of the local sites then jetting back up I5 Sunday afternoon/evening.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Posted By: Sixate
Date Posted: January/02/13 at 9:19am
I made my reservation!

-------------
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!

Date Posted: January/05/13 at 11:22am
Originally posted by garumph garumph wrote:

We were planning on enjoying Edgefield on Sunday and maybe some of the local sites then jetting back up I5 Sunday afternoon/evening.

Perfect...thanks for the info!

-------------

Posted By: seamill
Date Posted: January/07/13 at 12:05pm
New member. The girlfriend and I will be there Smile

-------------
2005 Hyper Blue R53
Alta Gen 1 15% Reduction Pulley, One Ball Mod, NGK Plugs, Cold Weather Package

Posted By: TWIZZLR
Date Posted: January/15/13 at 1:27pm
We are in. Belinda gave us a boot in the boot and made reservations for us.

Karin

-------------
Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero

Posted By: MINIMNT
Date Posted: January/25/13 at 4:23pm
Regarding the question mark next to Elliott's name, sorry little dude, this one is adults only.

I was also curious about the shared bathroom set up prior to staying, but we were on the second floor with totally private full baths.  Very nice.

Stacie

-------------
2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)

Date Posted: January/27/13 at 6:20pm
We made an initial run this weekend. We are going to do a coast run with a lunch in Astoria. We found a great place for a mid morning stop with great seafood. Oyster shooters and shrimp cocktail for good prices and very fresh. We have a fun lunch stop in Astoria. 

We have found some good twisties and some not so good gravel roads ( that we are not going to do). We will be doing some more checking around, but this looks to be a very fun run.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Posted By: CINIMIN
Date Posted: January/27/13 at 8:10pm
PopcornThumbs UpThumbs Up           DriveWooHoo

-------------
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Date Posted: January/27/13 at 9:23pm

We made an initial run this weekend. We are going to do a coast run with a lunch in Astoria. We found a great place for a mid morning stop with great seafood. Oyster shooters and shrimp cocktail for good prices and very fresh. We have a fun lunch stop in Astoria. 

We have found some good twisties and some not so good gravel roads ( that we are not going to do). We will be doing some more checking around, but this looks to be a very fun run.

Thanks in advance for the time & effort you've put into planning this event!

-------------

Posted By: valvashon
Date Posted: January/31/13 at 6:13pm
Stacie and I will unfortunately have to bail on this one.  We will be attending a wedding of a friend that weekend plus there's some other things going on during that time period as well.  We've known about the wedding for a while but hadn't sat down with the "save the date" fridge magnet and the computer until yesterday.  

We've reserved a room but will put it in somebody else's name if there's a member who hasn't booked a room yet.  They may be tough to get at some point so PM us and we'll hand our room off to you.

Bruce

-------------
...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...

Posted By: bchaltraw
Date Posted: February/05/13 at 9:53pm
I'm in!  Will book tomorrow..  Are you all heading down I-5 or coming the long way through Yakima?

Ben

-------------
03MCS RMW 1.63L,1000CC Injectors,RMW Turbo Kit,H+E,JCW Brakes,CAI, Polys,Strut plates,Coilsovers,,22MM rear, AST Coil overs Swift springs, 3" exht, Oil Cooler, 15x8 rims, Alpine PDX5,SPX17Pro,10'R!

Date Posted: February/06/13 at 11:33am
Bruce if you still have a res I need one! Called this morning and they are all filled up.

Ben

-------------
03MCS RMW 1.63L,1000CC Injectors,RMW Turbo Kit,H+E,JCW Brakes,CAI, Polys,Strut plates,Coilsovers,,22MM rear, AST Coil overs Swift springs, 3" exht, Oil Cooler, 15x8 rims, Alpine PDX5,SPX17Pro,10'R!

Date Posted: February/07/13 at 7:19am
We are going the coast. We also have some spare reservations if needed.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: February/07/13 at 11:59am
Gordon,

Yes I still need one.  Who's it under and so I can get in?

Ben

-------------

Date Posted: February/08/13 at 6:43am
We got 2 extra rooms. And Dean and Belinda have 5 I think. I'll save one of ours for you if Bruce doesn't give you his.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: March/11/13 at 2:36pm
We did another trial run this weekend (didn't spend the night) and the route is coming together. Who still needs a room? I have a couple that are penciled in for bchaltraw (Ben) and Twizzler (Karen & Karin). I think MiniCharley (Dean and Belinda) have a couple left also.

I we don't have enough rooms, there is a Best Western about half a mile down the road that is about the same price and you could join us at Edgefield for the evening.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: March/11/13 at 4:06pm
Grodon, I have my room reserved did it last month. Is the start going to be in Seattle or is the route coming to this side of the mountains?

Ben

-------------

Date Posted: March/11/13 at 5:01pm
We are actually leaving from Olympia and heading to the coast. Going the wrong direction for you.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: March/11/13 at 8:00pm
Has to be the most "researched" run in PSMINI history. Maybe the good spirit selections have to do with it.

-------------
'80 Mini English White

Date Posted: March/11/13 at 9:19pm
Clap Martin !

-------------
Jack -

Date Posted: March/12/13 at 9:04am
This is going to be such a fun run!!! If you've never experienced Edgefield... you won't want to miss this!

-------------
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE

Date Posted: March/12/13 at 2:18pm

We did another trial run this weekend (didn't spend the night) and the route is coming together. Who still needs a room? I have a couple that are penciled in for bchaltraw (Ben) and Twizzler (Karen & Karin). I think MiniCharley (Dean and Belinda) have a couple left also.

I think Belinda made reservations for us. It may be the same as the one mentioned above, but just in case, we don't want to take more than needed.

Thank you and I am looking forward to this adventure.

KarinWooHoo

-------------
Karin & Karen

Posted By: SuperCoop
Date Posted: March/12/13 at 2:34pm
Seeing as how I live down here, I'd miss the best part, the drive. Might still drive out and meet up with you guys though, I hear golf is fun there.

-------------
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.

Date Posted: March/13/13 at 7:05am
The golf is great. they have 2 par 3 courses with holes in the 60 yard range. So bring a 9 iron, a pitching wedge and a putter. (you can rent clubs if you need them). Once course is 12 holes and the other is 20.  We are hoping to get a round in Sunday if the weather cooperates.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Posted By: ipeverywhere
Date Posted: March/14/13 at 6:33am
Tracey and I will be joining you! Will be my first time to Edgefield.

Date Posted: March/14/13 at 9:52am
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE

Date Posted: March/24/13 at 4:18pm
Do we have a route yet?  Linda and I are thinking about coming to the west side from Yakima on Friday and join up with you all on Saturday for the adventure.

-------------

Date Posted: March/25/13 at 6:57am
We will be meeting in Olympia and going via the coast. Lunch stop in Astoria.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: March/27/13 at 9:32am
I am going to be coming all the way from the eastside ( Redmond) for this drive; I thought I might mention that if anyone else is coming from this far ( to the start point) we could meet and drive together to Olympia to meet the rest of everyone!

Garumph; do we have a specific time we are meeting in Olympia and a place? I am just trying to plan ahead and know how early I will have to leave.

-------------

Date Posted: March/27/13 at 10:05am
We are still adjusting somewhat. We have a test run again this weekend to try to nail down the times. We are looking at 8:00 meetup in Olympia.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: March/27/13 at 2:00pm
Sounds awesome, thank you again for putting it all together!

-------------

Posted By: taligator
Date Posted: March/31/13 at 7:08pm
Ryan and I were lucky ducks this weekend and had the opportunity to take another pre-run down to Edgefield.

It was amazing! If you have NOT signed up yet, please do so. You may not be be able to stay at the Edgefield but again, there is a a place down the street.

The run is wonderful, the grounds are great, the food and drink are top-notch--a true keeper of an event.

We'll be traveling down to Olympia from eastside (Sammamish)--we can motor down with others if anybody wants to join in.

PM me or ipeverywhere and we can start to hash out arrangements.

-------------
'16 F55 Moonwalk Gray / Black -- Pudge

Date Posted: April/01/13 at 11:12am
Thank you guys for coming along on this test run. I figure we should be ready after a couple more runs LOL

We have a couple rooms reserved that still aren't spoken for and there is a Best Western about half a mile down the road.

We are sitting at 15 MINI's and 28 people. This should be a good drive. We will be update everyone with a more detailed plan in a couple weeks.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: April/10/13 at 9:29pm
I noticed Steve and I are marked as tentative. We have reservations at McMenamins, so we'll see you soon! Smile

-------------
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm

Date Posted: April/15/13 at 9:57am
less than 2 weeks until the drive. I have updated the list in the first post. It looks like 16 cars and 31 people. Does everyone have a room? We are holding rooms for Karin and Karen, and David and Karin. 

Look for the route information and more details early next week.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: April/18/13 at 9:21am
Family obligations from my girlfriends side came up this last weekend; and it does not look like we are going to be able to go...She has told me to just go by myself..but I don't want to leave her alone in this kind of time. We have I believe a king suite or queen suite reserved; if someone needs a room please let me know, i don't know exactly how I could give you my reservation but I am sure we can figure it out. First come first serve :) Thanks guys..

-------------

Posted By: taligator
Date Posted: April/18/13 at 2:38pm
We will certainly miss you two. I was looking forward to spending more time with you guys! I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and we'll get together soon.

-------------
'16 F55 Moonwalk Gray / Black -- Pudge

Date Posted: April/18/13 at 4:55pm
Thank you Smile, we are both quite bummed about the family situation and also the fact we are going to miss this; I took Laura down to Seaside,OR this last weekend and we stayed the weekend. It was great fun and I really enjoy the coastal roads; we both were looking forward to doing it again. I think we have both decided we will take a trip to edgefield at some point; because we missed this awesome run. Maybe next time the club goes Smile Have a few drinks for us! haha

-------------

Date Posted: April/19/13 at 10:28pm
My daughter Noelle designed a T-shirt for the drive. You can order them here:  http://www.cafepress.com/beentotheedge" rel="nofollow - http://www.cafepress.com/

Date Posted: April/21/13 at 5:10pm
LOVE THE DESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Noelle!!!

-------------
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE

Date Posted: April/22/13 at 9:38am
Cry  Sadly, we have to cancel on this one.  We were really looking forward to it, but life happens.  We love coast routes and the gorge and know that you will all have a wonderful time!!  Looks well planned and loads of fun.
If anyone is last minute on this one and needs an ensuite room (bathroom attached) on the first floor, we have a king suite reserved that we can transfer to you.  It's $145 a night and we have it reserved for the one night.  We'll plan on cancelling it tomorrow unless someone PMs us that they want it. 

Update:  Room taken.  Thanks!

-------------

Date Posted: April/22/13 at 9:42am
Sorry to hear you won't be joining us. The weather looks to be nice this weekend for a drive! Take Care!!

-------------
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE

Date Posted: April/22/13 at 12:16pm
The good news is that Donna & Les will be joining you and taking our room!

-------------

Date Posted: April/22/13 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by WOODSTOCK WOODSTOCK wrote:

The good news is that Donna & Les will be joining you and taking our room!

booooo! yeah! booooo! yeah!       Donna, Les, Tracey, and I will have a drink in your absence. You'll be missed at this one. Hopefully life can line-up and we will see you at the next one.

-------------
2013 R58S Kite Blue
2013 JCW GP

Date Posted: April/22/13 at 3:00pm
Please do!  In fact, we encourage everyone to do so!!

Wish we were going but it looks like it will be a great time!!

-------------

Date Posted: April/22/13 at 3:30pm
I have a couple of items I would like to cover.

1) Sorry to hear that Woodstock and family will not be joining us.
2) Glad to hear that Les & Donna are joining us.
3) Note to all that are part of the MINI STP group NO BIKES we are taking TWIZZLR no roof rack LOL
4) How long does it take to get shirts from Cafe Press? b) do we have to expedite it to have them for the run that is only 4 days and a wake up?

I'm done
Karin

-------------
Karin & Karen

Date Posted: April/22/13 at 7:29pm
This weekend is shaping up well. We should have driving instructions soon. Meet up will be Top Foods in West Olympia at 8:00 Saturday morning. 

We will be canceling our extra rooms soon unless someone jumps in quickly to take them. 

Sorry Jack and Linda can't make it, but glad Les and Donna can. No bikes this weekend. HUNKA has no way to carry bikes. I'm putting on extra miles this week so I won't need to ride this weekend.

Cafe Press has several speeds of delivery, including overnight. Check out the site and decide if the cost is worth the getting the shirts before the weekend. We wanted to get the shirts ready earlier, but between Noelle's time and some business travel, we kind of got behind.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Posted By: Saphire
Date Posted: April/22/13 at 9:02pm
   Thank You Jack and Linda for the room, sorry you can't make it.  Is there an address for the Top Foods in Olympia that we can plug into our GPS, as Olympia is foreign to us?   Thanks, Les and Donna. 

Date Posted: April/22/13 at 9:12pm
Hope lots of pictures get taken so we can enjoy the trip vicariously...  Enjoy!!!!

-------------
Jack -

Date Posted: April/23/13 at 9:06am
I know some are coming from the eastside, we can meet up at Southcenter or pick some place to meet on the fly.

As for our hood, Sapphire, MINICharley, and anybody else. We can meet at the Shell station on 75th. Time to be determined. Thoughts?

Karin

-------------
Karin & Karen

Date Posted: April/23/13 at 9:28am
Where can we join the wagon train since we'll be coming from the south? Olympia, Tumwater or ??

-------------

Date Posted: April/23/13 at 10:36am
We will be meeting up at the Top Foods just off 101 at Cooper Point Road.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: April/23/13 at 11:37am
Saturday evening at McMenamins is "Official Timbers Viewing Party" for their away fixture versus Sporting Kansas City.  I for one will be SPORTING at least a Sounders hat....LOL!  But, alas, it is a 5:30 game so we may not be there yet.

-------------

Date Posted: April/23/13 at 11:43am
We should be there by 5:30. We often show up in "Full Sounders". I'm not sure who I would boo louder for, Sporting KC or the Timbers.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: April/23/13 at 9:38pm
I'm glad to see a few folks here are also Sounders fans! Wave
I'll wear some gear to the dinner, if for no other reason to agitate the Timbers fans.

The Mrs and I have decided to turn the return ride home into an adventure and we'll slowly make our way back home via the coast. We're staying in Portland proper on Sunday night then the Kalaloch Lodge on Monday night and heading home on Tuesday.

Anyone have any fun route suggestions or must see spots? 

We're looking forward to the group drive, seeing all the sights and MINIs Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: AJT
Date Posted: April/24/13 at 8:36pm
We booked our room too!!!

AJT   Alan and Janet Tarbutton

-------------
Alan and Janet T

Date Posted: April/24/13 at 9:16pm
nice! you must have grabbed one of the canceled rooms we had.

We are up t 16 cars and 32 people. We should have our drive directions posted soon.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: April/24/13 at 9:58pm
OK, we have drive instructions. Remember:

- Bring your radio GRMS tuned to channel 7, sub channel 21. For some of the drive there is spotty cell phone coverage. 
- Full tank of gas. We have a long drive and we will not be stopping for gas. 
- Watch your speed! These roads are well patrolled. We will be staying close to the speed limit, exceed it at your own risk.
- We will have printed versions of the instructions for everyone.

Oh YeahWe’ve Been to the Edge

PS MINI Run April 27-28, 2013 Olympia, WA to Edgefield in Troutdale, OR

Directions to Top Foods in West Olympia for meet up:            Lead Car: Baldwin’s “Hunka”

From I-5 South take North US 101             Gordon (253) 709-5508

Take exit Black Lake Blvd (West Olympia)            Shelly (206) 419-8038

Turn RIGHT at light onto Black Lake Blvd            Sweeper: Prince’s “Wild Blue”

Turn LEFT at the first light on Cooper Point Road SW            Dean (206) 851-1082

Turn LEFT at first light into the Top Foods parking lot            Belinda (425) 269-1823

OLYMPIA TO SOUTH BEND

Row

TIME

MILES

DIRECTION

NOTES

8:30

Zero

Leave Top Foods

Top Food & Drug

1313 Cooper Point Rd SW

Olympia, WA 98502

RIGHT on Black Lake Blvd

RIGHT on US 101 N ramp Aberdeen/Port Angeles

8:35

Stay Left on State Route 8W Montesano/Aberdeen Raymond (Turns into Hwy 12)

The highway splits here: Hwy 8 left--101 right

9:05

Take exit toward Montesano/Raymond, State Route 107

LEFT at end of exit onto S. Main (S to Raymond)

Stay on S107 to Raymond

9:15

LEFT on US 101S Raymond/Astoria

Cross Traffic Does Not Stop. There is a merge lane Limited cell phone coverage.

9:35

OPTIONAL – *Need a bathroom? RIGHT on Fowler to McDonalds or Willapa Market

Catch up at East Point Market Sea Foods

9:40

RIGHT into East Point Market Seafood parking lot for oyster shooters and shrimp cocktails. Look for the fisherman and capsized rowboat

East Point Seafood Market

313 Robert Bush Dr. E

South Bend, WA 98586

* Bathroom options: McDonalds, DQ, Willapa Market, Rest stop a little further ahead.  If we split up, we won’t overwhelm one spot.  Stop if you need and we’ll meet up at East Pont Seafood Market.  Enjoy shrimp cocktail or oyster shooters for $3, or purchase fresh crab, oyster, smoked salmon.  Small Styrofoam coolers are available for $3.25  Or just enjoy the fresh air and water.

SOUTH BEND TO ASTORIA

Row

TIME

MILES

DIRECTION

NOTES

10:30

Leave East Point Seafood Market

RIGHT on Robert Bush Drive East (US 101)

10:43

Construction.  Single lane with traffic control light

If we get separated, we’ll re-group at wide shoulder ahead

11:02

RIGHT on US 101 Long Beach

Enjoy the twisties

11:17

LEFT on alt 101 Astoria/Oregon

11:18

LEFT S. 101 Chinook/Astoria

Cross Traffic Does not Stop

11:30

RIGHT S. 101 Astoria (over bridge)

Welcome to Oregon!

11:37

LEFT 30 E Astoria/City Center

11:40

Stay on 30—Commercial becomes Leif Erickson

11:44

LEFT on 39th Street

Limited parking on dock. Alternative parking around business park side streets

Arrive at Rouge Ales Public House

Gather in room at back.

Rouge Ales Public House

100 39th St

Astoria, OR 7103

We’ll try parking everyone in the parking garage attached to Rouge.  Watch for help parking lots of cars in a small space! Alternatively, you can park on the side streets off of 39th before the wooden bridge.  We’re meeting in the private room at the back. Order from menu. Separate checks will be provided.

ASTORIA TO COLUMBIA VIEW PARK, SAINT HELENS

Row

TIME

MILES

DIRECTION

NOTES

1:30

Leave Rouge Ales Public House

Reset mileage to zero!

LEFT on Leif Erickson, becomes Hwy 30E

2:45

LEFT on Columbia Blvd

Follow road RIGHT on 1st Street

LEFT on Plaza Square

Plaza Square turns right and becomes Strand Street

Arrive Columbia View Park, St. Helens, OR

Photo Opportunity

SAINT HELENS TO EDGEFIELD INN, TROUTDALE, OR

Row

TIME

MILES

DIRECTION

NOTES

3:15

Leave Columbia View Park

RIGHT on 1st Street

LEFT on Columbia Blvd

Stay RIGHT on St. Helens

Left on Columbia River Hwy (HWY 30) Scappoose/Portland

3:55

Merge onto 405 N The Dalles/Seattle

Stay in the left lane and watch for Hwy 30

LEFT on 30 The Dalles

Right lane ends then rejoins, stay right.

Keep RIGHT on US 30/I-84 The Dalles

4:10

Take EXIT 16 238th Drive/Wood Village

RIGHT on NE 238th

LEFT on Halsey St

RIGHT into Edgefield.  Park at lot in front of main building

Parking can be tight. If the front lot is full there is more parking on the west side of the building.

Arrive Edgefield

Edgefield

2126 SW Halsey St

Troutdale, OR 97060

5:30 -- Meet up on 2nd floor West-side porch for Bingo Prizes!!

Dinner is on your own.  We suggest grouping up and making reservations after check in at either of the two on site restaurants: Black Rabbit or Power House Pub.

Enjoy the gardens.  Soak it up at Ruby’s Spa in the outdoor, heated soaking pool. Hit the Distillery Bar. Shoot some pool at Lucky’s. Taste wine while enjoying live Honky-Tonk –(7pm in the winery).  Life or Pi (6 pm) or Silver Linings Playbook (9pm) are playing in Power Station Theater.

Golf? The Pub Courses at Edgefield – a 10-hole ($12) and a 20-hole ($18) --are both par-3, pitch and put style.  Bring your own putter and wedge or rent for $2/each.  Weather permitting we’ll be playing around 11 am on Sunday.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: April/24/13 at 11:01pm
Is there a return on Sunday or are we on our own?

Are any of the non-golfers interested in a side trip to Multnomah Falls Sunday morning?

-------------

Date Posted: April/25/13 at 8:05am
There is racing at Portland International Raceway on Sunday if anyone is interested in checking it out on the way home. It's free and there is lots of good racing action (close to 200 entries including BMW, Porsche, Mazda, Ford, Chevy, formula cars, etc). You can even walk through the paddock and chat with the drivers and crews and just hang out. Stop by BadSRacing and say hello if you can. Cheers!  Link to schedule of events...   http://icscc.com/2013/announce/cscc_apr_2013.pdf" rel="nofollow - http://icscc.com/2013/announce/cscc_apr_2013.pdf

-------------
'80 Mini English White

Date Posted: April/25/13 at 8:28am
Gordon the route sheet looks great!

Tracey and I will be stopping by PIR on Sunday. Not sure what time yet as a lot depends on when I can lift my head off the pillow ;) Martin, remind us what class you are in please?

Date Posted: April/25/13 at 8:33am
Originally posted by ipeverywhere ipeverywhere wrote:

Gordon the route sheet looks great!

Tracey and I will be stopping by PIR on Sunday. Not sure what time yet as a lot depends on when I can lift my head off the pillow ;) Martin, remind us what class you are in please?

I'm in Group 1. Large grid of PRO3 cars mixed with the really high horsepower cars..typically 30-40 (up to 50) cars on track at the same time. Not a dull moment! See you there.

-------------
'80 Mini English White

Date Posted: April/25/13 at 8:46am
I know the soaking pool was mentioned in things to do.... DON'T FORGET YOUR BATHING SUITS!!!!! The soaking pool is AMAZING and there is a bar, so you can enjoy your favorite beverage while in the fantastic pool!

THANK YOU, GORDON and SHELLY for putting this together!   I can hardly wait for Saturday to get here!!! :)

-------------
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE

Date Posted: April/25/13 at 9:33am
One bit of geeky/technical detail... Channel 7 sub-channel 21 is a shared FRS/GMRS channel so please bring your FRS and/or your GMRS compatible radio. Both will work.

Date Posted: April/25/13 at 10:36am
OK Northend group. We should meet at the Shell station at the intersection of Rosevelt and 75th at 600am with the intention of leaving at 615am.

Karin

-------------
Karin & Karen

Date Posted: April/26/13 at 8:21am
Hi Karin - I think 6am will get us to Oly way too early. Let's plan on leaving at 6:30am from the Shell station.   See you tomorrow!!!!!!

-------------
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE

Date Posted: April/26/13 at 10:08am
I suggested leaving at 615 because it takes about 1 hr 22 minutes per google maps and this would allow time to refuel both cars and people at Starbucks befor meeting for an 830 departure.

Thoughts?

Karin

-------------
Karin & Karen

Date Posted: April/26/13 at 10:20am
Final Deal
Meeting 615am leaving Shell station at 630am.

Karin

-------------
Karin & Karen

Date Posted: April/26/13 at 10:35am
Meetup is at 8:00, drivers meeting at 8:15. Departure at 8:30.

See everyone at Top Foods tomorrow morning!

Bring a garbage bag. If we get rain (looking unlikely) there is no place at the pool to put your towel and robe to keep it dry. Then you have a wet/damp robe to wear to the bathroom for the rest of the night.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: April/26/13 at 11:34am
I didn't ask or look on their website, but is there a hot tub available near the pool? I would find that more relaxing and it world make it easier for me to wind down for the night. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: April/26/13 at 12:11pm
The pool is a hot tub. It does the trick.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: April/26/13 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Hapa Haole Hapa Haole wrote:

I didn't ask or look on their website, but is there a hot tub available near the pool? I would find that more relaxing and it world make it easier for me to wind down for the night. LOL

Here's what the website says about the pool:

Soaking Pool

Hours: Daily, 8 a.m. 'til 11 p.m.
Hotel & Ruby's Spa guests only.

The soaking pool, set behind Ruby's Spa and open to hotel and spa guests only,  meanders and flows, providing hidden spots and tributaries for those in need of a quiet moment. The pool is filled with soft, buoyant water that's heated to a comfortable 102 degrees.

Lemme in!

-------------

Date Posted: April/26/13 at 1:26pm
104 degrees would be better. I like it hot.

-------------

Date Posted: April/26/13 at 1:28pm

Well you better skip the pool then.

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: April/26/13 at 2:32pm

Of course you like it hot, what else would you expect from a firefighter?

-------------

Date Posted: April/26/13 at 3:22pm
After driving all day and then drinking non-stop all the way to getting into the 102 degree "pool" I nearly passed out from the heat. Very relaxing though =)    Bring your water-wings!

Date Posted: April/28/13 at 5:59pm
That was fun! A big thank you to all those who organized and coordinated the drive and stops. We had a great time. On the way home we were reading out all the signs along the way.

Prior to the drive, Elizabeth was flipping me crap about washing Honu in the dark on Friday night. When we got home she said, "Are you going to wash the car now or wait until dark?   

-------------

Date Posted: April/29/13 at 7:00am
Excellent weekend at the Edge and then I wake up to cold, rain, and wind. <sigh> When can we go back? Thanks again!

Date Posted: April/29/13 at 7:28am
Thank you everyone for joining us on the run. I'm glad everything went smooth We had a fun golf game Sunday morning after a nice soak in the spa. I hope everyone got home OK and we will see you next year!

-------------
Gordon
Flames, '05 MC Black

Date Posted: April/29/13 at 10:41am
What a great weekend!   I second Ryan's comment.. When are we going again? :)   THANK YOU to Shelly and Gordon for coming up with and executing this fun run to Edgefield!! I was reminded again this weekend how great this club is!! I loved meeting new friends and hanging out with great friends!   Looking forward to next year!!!

-------------
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net