URL: http://www.psmini.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9848
Printed Date: March/29/24 at 5:26am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: THE SEATTLE JOB - 2013!!
Posted By: shasti212
Subject: THE SEATTLE JOB - 2013!!
Date Posted: February/22/13 at 9:01am

PSMINI Presents

Details: To celebrate the 10th anniversary of The Italian Job (this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317740/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1" rel="nofollow - not the original) we are organizing The Seattle Job! We looked high and low for someone to sponsor us with millions of dollars worth of gold so we could break into teams and heist the gold but ultimately we had to scale back our plans. Instead of heisting gold we will be awarding fame and fortune for heisting photographs of you and your MINI around some of Seattle’s famous landmarks! Besides, gold would slow your MINI down and no one wants that.

Here is the challenge: On March 24th you will bring your team of 3 MINIs (Minis), or yourself and your MINI (so we can match you up in a team of 3), to Seattle MINI and check in before 8:40AM (check-in opens at 8:00 am). A list of landmarks will be distributed to each team, who will choose which landmarks they want to visit. The object is to take photos of the landmarks showing all three MINIs/Minis somewhere in the picture. The photos will be sent to the judges via email and points will be awarded for creativity, effective use of the landmark in the photo, and most importantly effective use of staying MINI! You will have three hours to complete this task. Bonus points are available if you can show specified items in the pictures. Landmarks, bonus items, and additional rules/details will be disclosed at the drivers meeting. Prizes will be awarded to the top three teams.

Our distinguished panel of judges includes:

Barry Brazier from MC2

Damon Lockwood from Seattle MINI

Ashley Poeppel, PSMINI Vice President (Shasti212)

Deanne Werner, SSMINI (ROLO)

Todd Sanders (Sanderskog)

When: March 24th with Check-In starting at 8 am, Drivers Meeting at 8:40 AM, and Event Start at 9 AM. All photos must be in by 12:00 PM Noon.

Where: The greater Seattle area

Cost: $10 donation per car for Make-a-Wish Foundation. Passengers (photographers?!) suggested $5 and will be collected at registration. (hint: passengers make great photographers for low and slow speed driveby pictures!)

Start: Seattle MINI 11550 Lake City Way NE, Seattle WA 98125
End: Seattle MINI 11550 Lake City Way NE, Seattle WA 98125

Some things to remember:
Your team will need a camera phone (and someone who knows how to operate it) with the ability to take pictures and e-mail or text them to the judges. Data and text charges are the team’s responsibility. Only phone cameras allowed!

It is highly encouraged someone has a GPS. Landmarks will include addresses.

It may be helpful to have a map of Seattle in case your GPS fails.

Bring radios, or some other form of communication, so you can discuss strategy and stay in contact with your team. If you are using radios it is advised to pick a unique channel (e.g. not 7/21) so you don’t mistakenly disclose strategy to the other teams.

A sense of adventure. However no law breaking!

A watch or some method of showing time, to make sure you do not go beyond the time limit.

A catchy team name.

Rally Masters: A special thanks goes to Mitch Hansen and Eric Werner for organizing this event.

Sponsors: A special thanks goes out to Seattle MINI, MC2, and Nail Gun Graphics for providing support for this event.

Please RSVP and use this thread if you are looking to form a team. 

PLEASE SEE THE BRAND NEW FLYER   uploads/1727/Seattle_Job_Flyer-PSMINI.pdf" rel="nofollow - Here !

RSVP List:

Confirmed Yes's (Solo):

• Kurt (CORNERS)
  • Eviltangents
  • Sixate
  • No 9
  • Erhan
  • Karin (TWIZZLR) + possible co pilot
  • Teena, Tom, and Buddy (K9 LUVR)
  • Samson + 2  One MINI only
  • SpyVsSpy + co pilot

Confirmed Yes's (Completed Teams):
  • Team Just-a-Cooper: Bruce, Stacie, and Mark & Andy
  • K9LUVR (Red), Genie B (Blue), and Cindy (White)
  • NAVIGTR (Red), Alison (Blue)+ NEED ONE PEPPER WHITE!

-------------
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.

Replies:
Posted By: hip check
Date Posted: February/22/13 at 9:10am
FYI--As you may have noticed the proceeds from this event benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Alaska and Washington.  Our goal is to hopefully raise enough to fund one child's wish.

-------------
Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]

Posted By: CORNERS
Date Posted: February/22/13 at 9:33am
I thought this was a job advertisement at first. But still, sounds like a lot of fun! Unless i get a schedule conflict, count me in! What is the expected ending time?

-------------

Kurt/04 R53 http://youtube.com/user/khammo01" rel="nofollow - Check out My MOD MINI repair videos channel @ YouTube

Date Posted: February/22/13 at 10:03am
Kurt,

By the time we rally back together and award the prizes I could see it going to 11 or 11:30am

Mitch

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Posted By: Eviltangents
Date Posted: February/22/13 at 10:59am
Oooooh I want in on this!

Posted By: Sixate
Date Posted: February/22/13 at 12:30pm
I'm in!

-------------
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!

Posted By: johnf36
Date Posted: February/22/13 at 2:39pm
Why do we always seem to do these things mid week or on Sundays?

-------------
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Posted By: NAVIGTR
Date Posted: February/22/13 at 8:03pm
This sounds really cool. I'll put it on the calendar. Since it's the day before my birthday... it should be easy to remember!

-------------
NAVIGTR '13 Chili Red HT, Dave Chrisman can be spotted in Everett

Posted By: no.9
Date Posted: February/23/13 at 3:26am
Morning all,

G/f is trying to get the day off to copilot this for me Clap

-------------
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper

Posted By: valvashon
Date Posted: February/23/13 at 11:00am
West Seattle's "Team Justacooper" is in!  I'll be driving Napoleon II, Stacie will be driving MINIMNT and Mark and Andy (!) will be driving Cupcake.  I will try to make sure they wash Cupcake before the event and actually bring Cupcake and not the Kia or whatever it is.  I'm assuming that would result in our immediate disqualification.

Bruce

-------------
...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...

Posted By: Erhan
Date Posted: February/24/13 at 12:23pm
I'm in.

-------------
2011 R56 S
Wilwood BBK, Konig feather wheels & AD08 tires, Alta FMIC, NM dischrg pipe, BC Racing coilovers, Alta 22mm rear sway & endlinks, Hsport rear cont arms, TSW xbrace, JCW steering wheel

Date Posted: February/25/13 at 7:09pm
In case you are wondering what you are competing for!

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Posted By: GR8SCOT
Date Posted: February/27/13 at 2:20pm
Count me in!!
Alison

-------------
2015 Blue/White MC with white bonnet stripes

Alison

Date Posted: February/28/13 at 6:10pm
Hi Again All!

I've got an excellent update about this event that I need to share with you. First of all, we are moving the start time ahead by 1 hour.

New Start Time: Check-In at 8AM, drivers meeting at 8:40, first team out at 9AM.

We are always very hesitant to change plans once an event has been posted but let me explain why we did this. There has been big feedback about this event and the organizers are seeing a strong number of participants. That peeked the interest of Seattle MINI and they have agreed to provide food!

I'm very excited to announce that Seattle MINI is providing breakfast at check-in and lunch when everyone returns. Now, the caterers Seattle MINI uses don't start before 8AM. So, we had to make the hard decision of letting everyone sleep in an hour later and provide food at check-in or keep our original start time. We hope you agree with our decision to move the check in time to 8AM. Also, because of the additional number of participants we have extended the event to 3 hours. That's right, you get to sleep in, get something to eat, and get an extra hour to heist your photos.

One more announcement while I have your attention: the flyer is done! Yes, there is an official flyer you can use to spread the word about this event. Let's get those stray MINIs to a club event for the benefit of Make-A-Wish Foundation and so that we can explain why we have been frantically waving at them. uploads/1603/SeattleJobFlyer2013.pdf" rel="nofollow - Here is the link to the flyer.

In summary, please spread the word to your teams. We'll be starting at 8AM with breakfast generously provided by Seattle MINI.  Also, keep watching this space for other announcements as they develop. Until then, keep working on getting your teams together and feel free to print the flyer and hand it out. The more teams we have, the better the competition and, more importantly, the more we can do for Make-A-Wish Foundation.

uploads/1603/SeattleJobFlyer2013.pdf" rel="nofollow - SeattleJobFlyer2013.pdf

Posted By: CORNERS
Date Posted: February/28/13 at 8:09pm
Will see if I can make it. Wouldn't you know, this is on my wife's birthday and she hates car stuff. 

-------------

Kurt/04 R53 http://youtube.com/user/khammo01" rel="nofollow - Check out My MOD MINI repair videos channel @ YouTube

Date Posted: March/03/13 at 3:47pm
Do we need a passenger for this? Probably another solo deal, not many gearhead friends...

-------------
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper

Posted By: ipeverywhere
Date Posted: March/03/13 at 5:53pm
You don't really need a passenger but you do want to try and form a team of 3 before arriving at the event. Remember, it's 3 MINIs plus the landmark to collect points. Someone in your team of 3 should have a passenger to navigate from landmark to landmark and the other two can follow behind.

We will be helping to form teams at the start of the event if you arrive by yourself.

Date Posted: March/09/13 at 12:55am
I am happy to report that we will have a number of MINI volunteers at the start of this event ready to form "impromptu" teams. So, if you've not had a chance to find two other MINIs but still want to participate come out anyway! We are here to help and will put you in a team the morning of the event. Please do still RSVP and let us know you'll be coming solo.

Date Posted: March/10/13 at 1:21pm

The Seattle Job—Frequently Asked Questions

1.       I don’t know others so how will I put a team of 3 together to participate?—You don’t need to put your own team together, but are encouraged to do so.  If you don’t have a team, at registration that morning we will match you up with two others to make a team.  You can also use the club forums to find teammates.

2.       I have a “stupid phone”, can I still compete?—You only need one “smart phone” per team that can take the photos and email them to the judges.  At registration, we will match people up to ensure there is at least one “smart phone” per team, and we will have you email us a photo to ensure you are all set.

3.       Will I lose points if my MINI is dirty?—No, but clean MINIs are encouraged.

4.       Do I have to be a Seattle native to do well?—No, we will give everyone a list of landmarks with addresses to help you find them and there will be plenty of time to travel to them.  With a GPS in your team you will be able to find your way around.  Easy peasy!

5.       Why so darn early on a Sunday morning?—It’s because the actual ten year anniversary of the release of The Italian Job occurs at 9am PST on March 24th.  Just kidding.  Actually, our goal is to do this when traffic is light and we can easily get great photos with the landmarks.

6.       How will the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Alaska and Washington benefit?—The net proceeds from the event will all go to Make-A-Wish.  Due to very generous sponsors, the venue and food were all donated so we have only minor expenses for supplies, t-shirts, and badges.

7.       How will photos be judged?—As the saying goes, “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”, and we have 5 “beholders” who will each individually score the photos.  You get one point for submitting a photo that includes the landmark and 3 MINIs, and can earn up to another 9 points based on the quality of the photo.  All judges’ scores will be combined to determine the final scores.

8.       Will we get to see the event photos after the event?—Yes, all photos will be accumulated in a Flickr account and we will share the link after the event.

9.       What if it rains?—It’s called The Seattle Job for a reason and rain is a possibility.  Rain or shine, Make-A-Wish needs resources to grant wishes for children with life threatening illnesses so the event will go on. 

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Posted By: WOODSTOCK
Date Posted: March/10/13 at 4:59pm
Thanks for answering all those nagging little questions, Mitch!

Sounds like a great event and let's hope to get as many people as possible to support Make-A-Wish and turn out for our sponsors!

-------------
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman

Posted By: TWIZZLR
Date Posted: March/12/13 at 2:19pm
I am in but not sure if it is solo or with co pilot.

Karin

-------------
Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero

Posted By: ginainbelltown
Date Posted: March/14/13 at 12:35pm
This sounds like a lot of fun and as someone who lives in Seattle by a lot of landmarks I think I would do well.  Alas, I will still be in San Diego for my nephew's wedding.

See you all at the Tulip Rally.

-------------
Forget my past; it is my checkered present you need to worry about!

2013 MCS/ Red, White & Checkerboard /CHECKRD

Date Posted: March/15/13 at 7:46am
Actually.. being as you will be in San Diego maybe that evens the field

See you at the Tulip.

Posted By: Rob N
Date Posted: March/15/13 at 8:08am
Allow me take a brief trip down memory lane.

10 years ago when the Italian Job redux was released, NW MINI and MINI USA sponsored a pre-release event at a thearter near Southcenter.  Back in the day when MINI's were very rare, they managed to get hundreds to attend.  The parking lot was full and they had vendors and food for entertainment.  We all then went in for a free preview.

The result was an obvious increase in testosterone as the parking lot was absolutely crazy when everyone left after the event.  I never saw such action as and people and MINI's sped everywhere.

Great fun and I made it home without a ticket.

Rob

-------------
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"

Posted By: Genie B
Date Posted: March/15/13 at 2:43pm

Great reminiscence, Rob!  I wasn't lucky enough to go to what sounds like a really fun event, but after coming out of The Italian Job movie 10 years ago, I knew someday I would have a MINI . . . that movie was my inspiration. That, and a couple of MINIs that were running around my neck of the woods at that time . . . as you say, they were pretty rare, and I was so delighted whenever I saw one. I still look back and smile at my MINI, and of course, I'm smiling behind the wheel.

WooHoo

-------------

Date Posted: March/15/13 at 3:26pm
Posted my test shot this afternoon on the Facebook page for the group.  Past two parked Minis....so I made it three and snapped for practice!

-------------

Posted By: K9 LUVR
Date Posted: March/18/13 at 4:27pm
We will be there, all three of us! Buddy is very good with props...
Teena, Tom, and Buddy

Date Posted: March/18/13 at 5:40pm
Awesome! With Seattle MINIs rsvps we are currently at about 8 teams of 3. Keep those rsvps coming.

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Date Posted: March/19/13 at 9:00am
Did you register my RSVP?

Karin

-------------
Karin & Karen

Date Posted: March/19/13 at 9:08am
Hi Karin,

Yes, I have you and K9 LUVR down as RSVPd too.

Thanks for checking.

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Posted By: K9 LUVR
Date Posted: March/19/13 at 4:38pm
Can hardly wait! Buddy is ready, he's been staring at maps a lot lately. Should be a kick!    

Date Posted: March/19/13 at 4:55pm

Mitch,   this is me RSVP'ing to be there on Sunday . .  . 8:00 am . . . Yikes!

-------------

Posted By: cindyc
Date Posted: March/19/13 at 5:33pm

Count me in, with a co-pilot.

Cindy

-------------
2015 Hardtop,Thunder Gray W/ red stripes,JCW trim, SEAHAWK Plates. Mr.Magoo

Posted By: onramp
Date Posted: March/19/13 at 6:59pm
Mitch - you da man...  Way to go buddy.  Pat

-------------
2006 Hyper Blue JCW

Date Posted: March/20/13 at 7:37am
Just in case my "I'm in" message way up there in the thread didn't count.  This is my RSVP...will have at least a four-legged copilot, though quite a bit smaller than Buddy.  Still working on one that can help with the pictures.

-------------

Date Posted: March/20/13 at 11:52am
Thanks Pat! 
Just looked at the forecast--sunny and 54 degrees.  Perfect weather for sightseeing and taking photos!

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Date Posted: March/20/13 at 5:21pm
Ladies and Gentlemen we have grill badges!

That's right, you heard it here first, tell your friends and your friend's friends because we have a very limited number of grill badges. They will be sold to registered teams on a first come, first served, basis near the registration desk. Price is $10 with the proceeds going to Make-A-Wish of Alaska and Washington. Get there early and register early because you don't want to miss your chance at buying a grill badge. Sadly, once they are gone, they are gone.

See everyone Sunday morning!

Posted By: WOODSTOCK
Date Posted: March/21/13 at 8:13am
This is going to be a fun event and I hope more of you will shake off the winter's doldrums and come on out for a big Spring event to raise some money for charity!  The weather is going to be perfect for this and the pictures with Seattle landmarks of your MINI will be treasures.  We can't attend due to something else going on with my family, but we would if we could.  It definitely looks like a fun, well organized, and rewarding event.

Worried about being in a team?  Don't be! More minds at work increases your chances of winning some nice prizes (and knowing how to work a smartphone in my case)!  Newbies - come on out and get to know some other club members - we don't bite and would love to get to know you better!  So, where is:
"The Blue Man Group"?
"The Perpetually Lost Group"?
"The Born to be Wild Group"?
"The Green with Envy Group"?
"The Latte Powered Group"?
"The In it to Win It Group"?
"The ALL4 One Group"?
Get on board and come out for a fun day......did we mention FREE FOOD??????

-------------
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman

Date Posted: March/21/13 at 10:23am
I've received a few questions about the RSVPing process so let me clarify that RSVPing on this forum is all you need to do. We also have other ways to RSVP for Seattle MINI customers and others that aren't club members but you just need to do it here. Thanks for checking.

Mitch

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Posted By: rockystone
Date Posted: March/21/13 at 1:15pm
Hi guys,

We are down to the wire for registration. If you are one of those people that just likes to show up to events but is never sure they want to register please just ping a quick email to Damon@seattlemini.com. Again, no need for team as we have plenty of singles that would love to meet you and complete a 3. Thanks-

-------------
Richard Stone
GSM
Seattle MINI (HQ)

Date Posted: March/21/13 at 2:01pm
Hi Richard... don't forget the 4 or so of us from the PSMINI board that will be there. We may not be competing but we'll be eating the food See you Sunday!

Posted By: SAMSON
Date Posted: March/21/13 at 6:30pm
Count me in!

1 MINI - 3 peeps!

-------------
NEBULA - 2016 Countryman S ALL4 Cosmic Blue/Black
SAMSON - 2011 Cooper S - Eclipse Grey/Black (retired)
LOLA CHOLULA - 2010 Cooper - Chili Red/White (retired)

Date Posted: March/22/13 at 7:57am
Parking Update:
Seattle MINI asked me to pass along a quick note about parking. They will have the front parking lot closed when you arrive. Their expertly trained parking elves will be out to help direct you to the back parking area. Seattle MINI will be lining up MINIs, end-to-end, facing South behind the dealership. This will allow for a very organized and expedient send-off for the start of the event.

See you Sunday!

Posted By: SpyVsSpy
Date Posted: March/22/13 at 8:28am
Me and a co-pilot will be there. Need to be matched up though. Thank goodness my engine rebuild got completed this week...perfect timing Drool

-------------
'07 MCS SS | JCW Strut bar | JCW Shift Knob | ALTA 22mm sway bar | ALTA boost tube | ALTA FMIC | ALTA Catback exhaust | BSH Oil Catch Can | Konig Feather 17" | RMW Tune 211 HP/256 TQ

Posted By: catlvr2
Date Posted: March/22/13 at 1:00pm
Larry and I plan to be there. Although we don't plan to compete, we will be available if another car is needed to complete a team.

-------------
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper

Posted By: GR8SCOT
Date Posted: March/23/13 at 9:34am
NAVIGTR (red) and I (blue) are looking for a pepper white mini to complete our team. My pepper white mini moved to South Carolina :(
Alison

-------------
2015 Blue/White MC with white bonnet stripes

Alison

Date Posted: March/23/13 at 10:26am
Originally posted by GR8SCOT GR8SCOT wrote:

NAVIGTR (red) and I (blue) are looking for a pepper white mini to complete our team. My pepper white mini moved to South Carolina :(
Alison

How about it SMOG?

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Date Posted: March/23/13 at 12:42pm

Great minds think alike!  K9LUVR (Red) and GENIE B (Blue) will be joined by CindyC (Pepper White) for our Italian Job-look team!

Can't wait to see all the MINIs and their owners!  WooHoo

-------------

Posted By: NAVIGTR
Date Posted: March/23/13 at 3:54pm
Also, if anyone has any extra PSMINI.ORG club window decals, I will  trade you  for an extra ACTUAL SIZE decal!

-------------
NAVIGTR '13 Chili Red HT, Dave Chrisman can be spotted in Everett

Date Posted: March/23/13 at 6:47pm
I'm in. Will try to arrive early since I'm solo!

-------------
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper

Date Posted: March/24/13 at 2:37pm
Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much for joining us at The Seattle Job today. Between the generous donations from all of you, Seattle MINI, PSMINI, and others Make-A-Wish of Alaska and Washington raised about $1500. I'll let Mitch provide more details about that if he likes.

A few answers to questions I got at the event:

Badges - We did sell out of badges. There are minimum order numbers to get these made. If you'd still like one please let me know and if I can confirm enough orders we will do another batch. Again, they are $10 with the proceeds going to Make-A-With of Alaska and Washington.

Pictures - The pictures from the event are in a gallery. They will be tagged with the team numbers, the winners, and some other details. When that is ready we will post a link. Those with their own pictures, galleries, etc. can post those links here or upload your favorites directly to this thread. Some great photos were captured today!

Let me know if I missed anything..... I'm gonna' go take a nap now.

Posted By: CyclinPapa
Date Posted: March/24/13 at 3:13pm
Great event today! After all the fun we had we rushed home (envelope is still sealed though), joined PSMINI, lined up the grandparents for April 20th and registered for the Tulip Rallye! Can't wait for April 20th now!

Date Posted: March/24/13 at 3:33pm
I had a great time today! Thanks to MAWF, Seattle MINI, my team and every motorer involved Clap

these 8 shots cover everything I got besides a bunch of multiples of my own team (go #5! WooHoo)

-------------
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper

Posted By: italianjob
Date Posted: March/24/13 at 4:22pm
ugh.. im always in chicago when we have good turn outs...

:(

-------------
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"

Date Posted: March/24/13 at 4:45pm
A HUGE THANK YOU to Mitch!  Richard & his Seattle MINI crew - always the perfect hosts!, all of the PSMINI people behind the scenes, and my Team #2 Mates.  It was great to see so many MINIs and MINI owners!  I had an AWESOME day!  WooHoo

No. 9 - Thanks for the shot of my CHEEKY MINI going down the road - I never get to see that view!

Here are just a few shots I took along the way

Team #2

Heading down the highway

A most willing subject (sorry my shot is blurry, but our official photographer's shot wasn't)

One of our canine team mates

Panic! We were having so much fun we almost forgot to send in our images!

As usual, my Navigator had an Awesome time!

Cheers, everyone!

-------------

Date Posted: March/24/13 at 6:16pm
Genie, those are great pictures of TEAM 2 what a wonderful time.

Cindy

-------------

Date Posted: March/24/13 at 8:44pm
Photos are up! Check out this Flickr link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79809195@N00/sets/72157633060270235/with/8585829881/

-------------
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

Posted By: Erhan
Date Posted: March/24/13 at 9:41pm
It was a very fun event.  Thank you all for arranging this.

I was in Team 14 (hat trick) and looks like quite a bit of our pictures didn't make it to the judges.  We have been close to 20 landmarks, but only 12 of our pictures are on flicker...

-------------
2011 R56 S
Wilwood BBK, Konig feather wheels & AD08 tires, Alta FMIC, NM dischrg pipe, BC Racing coilovers, Alta 22mm rear sway & endlinks, Hsport rear cont arms, TSW xbrace, JCW steering wheel

Date Posted: March/25/13 at 7:28am
That was so much fun!  Thanks to all the dedicated people who arranged and ran the event.

Headed home afterwards, plopped down in the chair and caught up on March Madness....this morning I arrived at work with #7 on the front and rear glass...oops!

-------------

Date Posted: March/25/13 at 1:56pm
go Team #5

-------------
Karin & Karen

Date Posted: March/25/13 at 1:56pm
Here are a bunch of photos I took
http://nomadicryan.smugmug.com/PSMINI/The-Seattle-Job-2013/28596849_NqQD9R" rel="nofollow - http://nomadicryan.smugmug.com/PSMINI/The-Seattle-Job-2013/28596849_NqQD9R

Date Posted: March/25/13 at 2:20pm
Awesome pics Ryan!

-------------

Date Posted: March/25/13 at 4:29pm
Nice pics, Ryan!  We have Feedback going on in 2 threads!

-------------

Date Posted: March/25/13 at 7:46pm
Hey Team Just-A-Cooper, would it be possible to get a Seattle Job window decal like you 3 had on Sunday?

-------------
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper

Date Posted: March/25/13 at 8:19pm

Thank you again to all that turned out for The Seattle Job!  At the end of the day we raised $1487 for Make-A-Wish Alaska and Washington.  As a Board member for Make-A-Wish Alaska & Washington each month I see the list of children with life threatening illnesses waiting to have their wishes granted, and it is truly the saddest list of names I’ve ever seen.  Thank you for helping me to make that list a little smaller!

We had 39 MINIs, 14 passengers, 3 dogs, and 4 judges turnout for the event.  Participants in groups of 3 MINIS, had 3 hours to submit photos of their team with Seattle landmarks including: Waiting for the Interurban, Giant Lenin Statue, Nordstroms (Fredrick & Nelsons), Husky Stadium, Safeco Field, Century Link Field, Key Arena, Hat and Boots (Oxbow Park), Jimmy Hendrix Statue, Seattle Monorail, Space Needle, Fremont Troll, Seattle Grace Hospital (Grey's Anatomy), Experience Music Project, Post Intelligencer Globe, Ivars, Dicks, Pike Place Market, Pergola, Gas Works Park, Hammering Man, Lakeview Cemetary (Bruce Lee's grave), Seattle Great Wheel, The Gum Wall, Ye Olde Curiousity Shoppe, and Smith Tower.   Teams also got bonus points for photos including: a MINI or Mini (not competing in event), Mt. Rainier, a policeman/police car/security guard, a seagull, an armored car, a helicopter, a TV repair truck, bigfoot, a live bulldog, a bicyclist, a ferry, or a celebrity

At the end of 3 hours the judges had a whopping 175 photos that had been submitted to score. Based on the 4 judges’ scoring, the team scores were as follows:

Team                                                     Team#                  Points

Ram Rod                                              12                           532

Ice Cream Sandwich                            8                           453

McRash                                               13                           436

Hat Trick                                             14                           435

Justa Cooper                                      10                           391

Team#1                                              1                              325

Ichibon                                               5                              316

Team Greg                                        4                              301

MINI Mavericks                                9                              298

Clueless in Seattle                           6                              275

Rebel Alliance                                  7                              268

March Madness MINI Style           2                              168

Rous's                                                3                              160

There were also awards given for individual photos.  These can be viewed at the event FLICKR page at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79809195@N00/sets/72157633060270235/with/8585829881/" rel="nofollow - http://www.flickr.com/photos/79809195@N00/sets/72157633060270235/with/8585829881/ , but here is a summary of the awards given:

Mark Wahlberg Award (Best Coordinated)—Team #7 @ Bruce Lee’s Grave

Mos Def Award (Most Innovative)—Team #3 @ Bruce Lee’s Grave

Seth Green Award (Best Use of Technology)—Team #12 @ the Freemont Troll

Edward Norton Award (Most Bonus Points)—Team #10

Donald Sutherland Award (Most Distinguished)—Team #9 In Handcuffs

Charlize Theron Award (Prettiest Picture)—Team 5 @ Hat and Boots

Jason Statham Award (Most Landmarks Driven To)—Team 13

Thanks again to Richard and Damon and the folks at Seattle MINI for hosting this party; to our great sponsors MC2, Nailgun Graphics, and PSMINI; to our judges Ryan, Ashlee, Deanne, and Barry; to my cohort Eric for helping plan this event for over a year; and all that got up early on a Sunday morning to be tourists in downtown Seattle.  I am guessing you will not look at these landmarks the same way again.

Posted By: Eviltangents
Date Posted: March/26/13 at 3:57pm
This made me SO sad...

Last minute work issue made me miss "The Job". Glad to see so many turned out for it though.

Posted By: catlvr2
Date Posted: March/26/13 at 5:54pm
Way to go, MINI people!   

-------------
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper

Posted By: CyclinPapa
Date Posted: March/26/13 at 7:39pm
We'd like to order 2 badges if you get a minimum.

Date Posted: March/28/13 at 7:53pm
Who is still driving around with their team number? I saw someone from team #4 as we were both fighting traffic in Redmond. I waved frantically!

Date Posted: March/28/13 at 8:32pm
That's me. In case you didn't see, I returned the wave...

-------------

Date Posted: March/28/13 at 9:00pm
Awesome! I saw you turn your head and then I was behind traffic so assumed you saw me. Fun stuff.

Date Posted: March/29/13 at 3:25pm
For those that participated, Eric and I are doing a 2-4 page write up of the event for the next MC2 magazine.  We'd love some input from those that were out there tearing up the streets of Seattle.  If you have any comments or funny stories, we'd love to include them in the article. Please either post them here or PM them to me.

Thanks,

Mitch

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Date Posted: March/30/13 at 9:00am
Let me know if you are reordering badges, I just lost mine going thru the car wash! Ugghh!

-------------

Date Posted: April/04/13 at 1:49pm
I liked the graphic so much I am getting t-shirts for me and my family. Here is what they will look like on the back with a small version of the logo one the front left. They would be $30 which for a small order would mean less than $1 going to Make-A-Wish, but if enough shirts are ordered the cost per shirt will go down and more will go to charity.
Sorry for the lag in getting these out there. The T-shirt company took issue with the MINI logo on the drawings and the artist's signature and had to be certain we weren't violating trademark laws. Please PM me with how many and what sizes you'd like. I will plan to submit the order on April 14th.  Thanks again!

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Date Posted: April/04/13 at 4:02pm
Will there be a Seattle Job 2014....etc?  

Do we need to start collecting them?

-------------

Date Posted: April/04/13 at 4:18pm
Seattle MINI has already expressed an interest in a sequel, and NW MINI is interested in a sister event--The Tacoma Job (Hmm....what are the Tacoma landmarks?). 
We took some great notes on what worked well and how we could improve it if we did it again, and if anyone has suggestions on how to improve the event please PM me.

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Date Posted: April/04/13 at 5:27pm
I can think of two Tacoma landmarks:  Griots and the LeMay Car Museum. Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: April/04/13 at 7:04pm
Thanks for getting shirts done! Count me in for 1 large please.

Date Posted: April/05/13 at 1:33pm

I would like a t-shirt, XL please.

And a badge also!!!!

Make it (2) badges. It will make a good frig magnet also

Hopefully we will get to 10

-------------
'07 MCS SS | JCW Strut bar | JCW Shift Knob | ALTA 22mm sway bar | ALTA boost tube | ALTA FMIC | ALTA Catback exhaust | BSH Oil Catch Can | Konig Feather 17" | RMW Tune 211 HP/256 TQ

Date Posted: April/05/13 at 9:06pm
Any word on more badges? 

-------------

Posted By: valvashon
Date Posted: April/06/13 at 8:11am
Put us down for another badge as well- we owe one to Mark and Andy as a favor for being part of our team!

Bruce

-------------
...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...

Date Posted: April/07/13 at 12:54pm
Badge update - I'd like to get to 10 confirmed orders. We are at 6. I'll give it one more week and then everyone will have to wait for next year, The Tacoma Job, Revenge of The Seattle Job, or who knows what we'll come up with next!

Date Posted: April/10/13 at 5:06pm
Come on motor-ers! 4 more peeps and we can get some badges ordered? Who else is in?? 

-------------

Date Posted: April/10/13 at 6:49pm
Count me in for a badge.

-------------

Date Posted: April/15/13 at 7:27pm
Last call for t-shirts.  The order goes in Tuesday at noon.  Thanks to all that have responded in this thread and pm'd me.  I'll let you know when they come in.

Mitch

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Date Posted: April/18/13 at 6:08pm
Any word on the badges and t-shirts? Are they going to be available at the Tulip Rallye?   

-------------

Date Posted: April/18/13 at 7:17pm
T-shirt order went in earlier this week, they shipped today and I'll get them on the 25th.  We can connect after that to get it to you.

-------------
Mitch & Teri

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net