Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > PSMINI Events and Drives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PSMINI Presents A Patriotic Weekend in Goldendale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PSMINI Presents A Patriotic Weekend in Goldendale - Event Date: July/05/14 - July/06/14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: PSMINI Presents A Patriotic Weekend in Goldendale
    Posted: May/18/14 at 9:35pm
PSMINI Presents
A Patriotic Weekend in Goldendale
(usually “This is Stonehenge”)

”Good roads are more than my hobby. They are my religion."
      -Sam Hill, Founder of Maryhill Museum & Maryhill Loops Road

When: This is an overnight Event
             Saturday July 5th & Sunday July 6th.
             Meet at Sonic Saturday morning at 8:30, Drivers Meeting at 8:45, Motoring at 9:00.

Start: Sonic Drive-In Bonney Lake, WA 19855 S Prairie Rd E Bonney Lake, WA 98391

End: Maryhill Museum of Art 35 Maryhill Museum Dr Goldendale, WA

Details: Some good motoring, Stonehenge, Maryhill Museum, a wine swap, and the interplantarily famous Maryhill Loops Road all together in one fab weekend.

Let’s make a weekend of it. Let’s discover some history. Let’s experience the one of a kind Maryhill Loops Road! This years planning of what would have been "This is Stonehenge" has been a a bit complicated because of MTTS. Bruce and Stacie did an excellent job with the dates available but, after a very hard decision, that run just wasn't in the cards this year. So, the club is shuffling the deck a little and trying something we are calling "A Patriotic Weekend in Goldendale". We know you look forward to driving the Loops Road every year and we didn’t want to cancel this annual event. But, this year, we have had to make some changes.

Here’s what we’ve got in store for this years adventure! We will keep the drive short so that everyone has a chance to explore the Maryhill Museum of Art. We’ll still stop at Miner’s for lunch and provide time at the Stonehenge monument for pictures. Dinner is still in the works and those details will be available as soon as they are confirmed. After dinner the group will gather to celebrate the 4th, swap some wine (or beer), and talk MINIs.

More info about the museum? Sure, here is their mission statement is:
From the unique Columbia River Gorge, Maryhill Museum of Art collects, presents and preserves art and historical and natural resources, to enrich and educate residents and visitors of the Pacific Northwest.
Samuel Hill started work on his hilltop mansion in 1914. The mansion is the site of the museum as it stands today. The museum features a number of permanent collections as well as rotating collections from near and far. More information at Maryhill Museum of Art Website

Tentative Schedule:
July 5th Drive, Museum, Dinner, and a Wine Swap!
This years drive to Goldendale will be shorter than in previous years so that everyone has a lot more time to socialize and discover Goldendale.

Itinerary (hopeful):
8:30 Meet at Sonic
8:45 Drivers Meeting (this will be quick, please don’t miss it)
9:00 Motoring!
9:45 Wapiti Woolies for a quick, 15 min, unfill/refill
10:00 Motoring! (see, quick stop)
12:00 Miner’s Drive-In (Lunch!)
1:20 Motoring! (Please start heading back to your cars about 1:10)
2:50 Stonehenge! (there are no facilities here)
3:15 Motoring and arrival at the Museum down the street.

7:00 Dinner
After dinner Wine Swap! at the Goldendale Quality Inn (room will be announced at dinner)

July 6th Maryhill Loops Road (club member only)
9:30 - Drive Maryhill Loops Road until you drop! (club members only)

Cost: There is no cost to participate in the drive to Goldendale and all MINIs are welcome to come along for a good motor. There is no cost to drive the Maryhill Loops Road this year but you must be a paid club member in good standing. Meals, drinks, etc. are on your own.

Host Hotels:
No hotel will provide room blocks so we encourage you to book early! It’s just the way they do things out there. The primary hotel, same as last year, is the Quality Inn

There are several lodging options in and around Goldendale. You may also want to consider staying across the Columbia River in Biggs, Oregon. The area is a popular destination in the summer; book now!

Hotel Options:
  • Quality Inn - Goldendale, WA (509) 773-5881 (This is our preferred hotel)

•      
  • Ponderosa Motel - 775 E Broadway St. Goldendale WA 98620 (509) 772-5842

•      
  • Three Rivers Inn  - 91484 Biggs Rufus Hwy Biggs, OR 97065 (541) 739-2501

•      
  • Dinty's Motor Inn - 91571 Biggs-Rufus Hwy, Biggs Junction, OR 97065 (541) 739-2596

•      
  • NU-VU Motel - 91495 Biggs-Rufus Hwy., Biggs Junction, OR 97065 (541) 739-2525

•      
  • Hillview Motel - 203 Wallace St., Rufus, OR (541) 739-8221

What To Bring:
     - Full tank of gas
     - FRS Radio set to channel 7-21. We’ll help set your radio if you arrive early.
     - Sunglasses (hopefully you'll need them)
     - Sunscreen, a hat, maybe something patriotic
     - Cash is appreciated at Miner’s Drive-In
     - A wine (or beer) for the Wine Swap
     - Water and/or snacks for the drive

Note: Remember that this years day 2, the Maryhill Loops Road drive, will be limited to club members only. There will be no cost to drive the road. If you are not currently a member and would like to join us you may become member using this link: PSMINI Membership Form Thank you for supporting PSMINI.

RSVP: Respond to this thread with your attendance to the drive, the museum, and driving the Maryhill Loops Road on Sunday. We’ll have a group rate at the Museum which requires an accurate count of all in your party. Thanks!

Wine Swap! - Oh, how many have been holding your breath for this one? A what? Yes, a wine swap. We have a room in the hotel, number will be announced at dinner, for this event. Please bring a bottle of wine for everyone to share/taste/possibly give away if any is left. Got a favorite? Got something you’ve been trying to get rid of for 2 decades? BRING IT! Plastic glasses will be provided or bring your favorite goblet. This will be a _very_ informal gathering so, even if you are not into wine, stop in and say hi and chat MINI!

RSVPs as of 7/2 19 cars!!
ipeverywhere & taligator (Rally Masters)
BurnerS
garumph
Sixate
SAMSON
Julzmni
Roy
Catlvr2
Dave's Not Here
Rob & Terri
olivemini
SAMSON
Rook (PDXMINI)
Ruszmni
ladyinred
ancbbear
tterbo
arkaytee
Gary (Mid-Columbia MINI)
CORNERS

Edited by ipeverywhere - July/03/14 at 10:32am
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/14 at 1:26pm
Hi everyone! I wanted to give a personal thank you to Bruce and Stacie (valvashon) with regard to this years Maryhill event. They _really_ put in a lot of hard work before coming to the decision that "This is Stonehenge" just wasn't going to work this year. Give them a thank you when you see them and remember that the end of the road is the gate... not Stacie.. you won't have Stacie as a reference point this year ;)

Thanks guys.
BurnerS View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurnerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/14 at 1:47pm
Yes..I am doing this run this year..Room Booked at Quality Inn
Lets Do this.....

as of now One adult and two kids... this could change!!

Edited by BurnerS - May/23/14 at 1:56pm
New 2013 Clubby S - JCW Engine tune - JCW Brake Kit - JCW Exhaust - JCW Cold Air Intake - Lowered - Racing Wheels
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/14 at 1:53pm
Room booked. We are in for 2 people for the weekend.
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/14 at 2:25pm
Did an invitation to join us at Maryhill get extended to the Portland club?  There were several people that joined us at Edgefield who expressed an interest in drinking, oops I mean driving, with us again.

It's about the same distance from Bonney Lake to Miner's as it is from the generic "Portland" in Google maps.  Those that want lunch could meet us there or if they only want dinner/drinks they could meet us in Goldendale.

Edited by Sixate - May/23/14 at 2:49pm
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/14 at 2:25pm
Reservation made!

PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/14 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Sixate Sixate wrote:

Did an invitation to join us at Maryhill get extended to the Portland club?  There were several people that joined us at Edgefield who expressed an interest in drinking, oops I mean driving, with us again.

It's about the same distance from Bonney Lake to Miner's as it is from the generic "Portland" in Google maps.  Those that want lunch could meet us there or if they only want dinner/drinks they could meet us in Goldendale.

I will reach out to them and let them know of the date. We wanted to get this out as quickly as we confirmed the paperwork so I've not contacted the other clubs yet. I will also workout the "club only" road bit with them.

If you in another club and would like to run the road it is not our intention at PSMINI to exclude. We will work something out. Please have an officer of your club reach out to events@psmini.org Thank you!

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/14 at 6:54pm
Wife will be out of town = I might be able to do this one FINALLY. I'll have two kids with me. 
Am I still a paying member? How can I tell? 

SAMSON View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Past Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/14 at 7:37pm
We're in! Booking my hotel tonight!!
2 Adults, 1 Zoe
NEBULA - 2016 Countryman S ALL4 Cosmic Blue/Black
SAMSON - 2011 Cooper S - Eclipse Grey/Black (retired)
LOLA CHOLULA - 2010 Cooper - Chili Red/White (retired)

JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/14 at 10:49pm
In! Room booked!
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

https://www.facebook.com/julz.mni
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/14 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by CORNERS CORNERS wrote:

Wife will be out of town = I might be able to do this one FINALLY. I'll have two kids with me. 

Kurt- I double checked, and you are a current/paid member in good standing. I don't think the forum profiles list this info but the board keeps a record. Hope you can make it to the event!
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
Roy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/14 at 9:25am
Beth and I are in. Booked our room this morning. Bummed Bruce and Stacey can't make it.
Roy (formerly Shazoom)
2008 CR/B JCW Cabrio
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/14 at 10:42am
Got our room booked and Larry and I will be there.
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/14 at 11:48am
Originally posted by leogetz leogetz wrote:

Originally posted by CORNERS CORNERS wrote:

Kurt- I double checked, and you are a current/paid member in good standing. I don't think the forum profiles list this info but the board keeps a record. Hope you can make it to the event!

Thanks for checking. I was unable to access the member discount section of the forum a few weeks back... 

Ok, count me in. 

Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave's not here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/14 at 7:54pm
I'm in.
5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
Rob and Terri View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob and Terri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/14 at 12:54pm

Terri and I look forward to motoring with you... reservation made.  Is the wine contribution one bottle per car or one bottle per person?  Wink

Rob

2017 Clubman S All4- Moonwalk grey w/pearl int. (Moonshadow). Previous MINIs: 2014 All Black F56 Justa . 2013 S Hardtop, 'KERMINI' - BRG/BRG w/Beige interior
olivemini View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivemini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/14 at 11:12am
We are in for this ride (2).  Reservation made at Quality Inn. 
Thanks to organizers!

SAMSON View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Past Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAMSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/14 at 10:00pm
Room is booked! 
NEBULA - 2016 Countryman S ALL4 Cosmic Blue/Black
SAMSON - 2011 Cooper S - Eclipse Grey/Black (retired)
LOLA CHOLULA - 2010 Cooper - Chili Red/White (retired)

Rook View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/14 at 8:07am
Hello PSMINI!
Dana from the Portland Club here. (The crazy tattooed one!)

I would love to join you for this run!!!
I just booked my room for Saturday night.

Now... is there a couch in the PS area I can crash on Friday night... and maybe some 4th of July plans???

Looking forward to drinking er... I mean driving with you guys again!!!
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/14 at 12:10am
Is the Maryhill loops run no longer just club members? If that's the case we each may be bringing a navigator. Please advise. Thx!
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/14 at 12:31am

ROOM BOOKED AT QUALITY INN. 2 kids coming with me. 

PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/14 at 8:44am
Hi Everyone,
Some clarification on "club members". Your PSMINI Club Membership also includes a navigator. So yes, please bring a navigator with you on this trip and they are welcome to drive the road with you. A PSMINI Club Membership is required to drive the road Sunday. Saturday's activities are open to everyone (as long as you bring a MINI ;)   

We have worked out a way to include PDX MINI and have invited their members as well. We had such fun last time we got together and I'm really excited that we were able to include them for Sunday's Loops drive.

Are you a PSMINI member? Have you paid your membership dues? The forum does show you this information. It is a manual process on our end and, like all manual processes, sometimes we miss. But, you can look at your member profile:

If it says "MINI Motorer" we do not reflect that your forum login is associated with a paid membership. You can e-mail events@psmini.org or IM me and we'll look into it if you think this is in error. Also, we have a handful of PSMINI groups. A "PSMINI Member" has recently joined. As you post more you'll receive more stars. As you gain stars you'll get a new group. The important thing to verify is that your group will begin with "PSMINI" if you are a paid member.

Are you a member of another MINI Club and would like to join us Sunday? Please reach out to me. I'm very eager to talk to your club about it and extend you an invite. There are a few things your club needs to have in place to meet the terms of our contract with Maryhill this year.

Thanks so much everybody! We've got some more details on the wine swap and dinner coming in the next couple weeks so stay tuned and keep checking in!

Edited by ipeverywhere - May/29/14 at 8:48am
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/14 at 9:39pm
I will probably not be able to make this one. I blew my engine at the track and not sure if I can get it put back together in time for this event...Unless well polished 2nd generation Acura MDXs are welcome... (no giant Acura MDX allowed? I didn't think so)

Car is in a hundred pieces right now and I need a new cylinder head and some machine shop work. 

I have a non-refundable hotel deposit at Quality Inn... if someone wants to impersonate me at the hotel with my credit card, it's yours. (Trustworthy members only!) 
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/14 at 8:49am
CORNERS! Where is your backup MINI? No, probably can't run the MDX on the Loops road. 
Guests View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/14 at 9:30am
Greycie will be attending
SuperCoop View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/14 at 8:41pm
I'm so bummed I have to miss this years!!!!
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.
SeaSoldier View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/14 at 6:28pm
My wife Laurie and I will be attending. Room just booked. Looking forward to meeting you folks.
I don't own an FRS radio or know anything about them. Can someone point me in the right direction as where and what to purchase.

Edited by SeaSoldier - June/18/14 at 6:31pm
LadyinRed View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyinRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/14 at 5:54am
I'm IN and booked a room also! My BFF will join me on this one, and it's her first MINI event with me and she loves roads trips so I know we'll show her a good time!

I wasn't familiar with the Maryhill Loops Road so I Googled it, found some You Tube videos and OMG!,... we get to do that?!!!.... Yes Please and Thank You,... That looks fun!!

Also, is anyone starting from the north end, Everett area, that wants to motor down together to Bonney Lake?    

Edited by ladyinred - June/21/14 at 5:58am
Life Is Good In A Mini

'06 Chili Red S
JulzMni View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulzMni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/14 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by ladyinred ladyinred wrote:

I'm IN and booked a room also! My BFF will join me on this one, and it's her first MINI event with me and she loves roads trips so I know we'll show her a good time!

I wasn't familiar with the Maryhill Loops Road so I Googled it, found some You Tube videos and OMG!,... we get to do that?!!!.... Yes Please and Thank You,... That looks fun!!

Also, is anyone starting from the north end, Everett area, that wants to motor down together to Bonney Lake?    

Ruby and I are coming from Stanwood, as are Greycie and Russ; we can meet you in Everett and head to the starting point together. 
Julie Sterling
Stanwood, WA
2013 Roadster "Ruby"

Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/14 at 9:29am
Originally posted by ladyinred ladyinred wrote:

You are in for a thrill...because the videos don't do justice to the real thing.  My heart rate is still elevated from last year and Elizabeth said she doesn't even want to get near "that scary road" again and will probably stay at the motel until after we drive!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>