Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Event Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPSMINI Triple X Car Show !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PSMINI Triple X Car Show !!!
    Posted: September/25/11 at 5:34pm
Hope everyone else has as good a time at the show as I did - great turnout of Classic and New MINI's and Tow Mater was a big hit.  Congratulations to ALL the place winners - and a very big thanks to all who had a car entered in the show - that is what makes it so interesting and so much fun.  Who's in for next year?

(edited to add the following):
The winners can be found here:  (first one is a PDF, second is a web page)

You can click on any of the photos pulled from Flicker thumbnails and it will take you to Kurt's or Brenda's originals.  I just pulled from whatever posts I could find. - Linda

Edited by WOODSTOCK - October/03/11 at 6:26pm
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

GUMBY LIVES View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/11 at 6:12pm

GUMBY & I HAD A GREAT TIME MATER & I R BEST FRIENDS <3

Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY
'06'Astro Blk Met/Slver MC w/silver flames Sport Pkg HK stereo Magnaflo Exhaust Alta Lowering Kit"NOTPOKY" plates.

Peabody View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peabody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/11 at 7:42pm

I know everyone had a good time today.  We had a lot more cars show up than expected, especially the classic Minis - only four had been pre-registered.  The weather was generally good - you knew when it started to rain because of the Cabrio owners rushing to get their tops up. 

Thanks are due to numerous people who donated time to make this a great show.  I won't try to name all the people who helped make this such a good time because I would forget some, but special thanks are due to Ashley, Leanne, Jack and Linda, Mavourneen, and Karin and Karen for setting up and taking down, manning the registration table, and hauling tables, chairs and pop-ups to and from the site (I know there were many others helping, and I apologize for not listing your names individually, but please know your help and assistance was greatly appreciated!).  Thanks also to our vendors and sponsors for their generous donations to the raffle.  Once again  a GREAT EVENT and a great venue to catch up with old friends and new friends. 

And now, all of you should pat yourselves on the back for participating in the show, because this is what makes it so much fun for MINI/Mini owners and and non-owners - looking and talking about our cars.   
John & Mavourneen
2008 MCS Cabrio - BRG - 15%pulley - Dinan CAI - H&R rear sway bar - Screamin Demon coil - Craven strut tower defenders - Multivex mirrors
Willcoop View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willcoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/11 at 8:43pm
I had fun it was nice to meet everyone and see some cool cars. It also gave me an excuse to buy a stubby antenna from craven speed.I am looking forward to a drive or track day to see what my car can do.
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/11 at 8:59pm
I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to catch up with you Jack - seemed like every time I saw you I was in a conversation or you were.  Next time maybe. 

John & Candice - what a hoot to see you again.  Spotted your car first and then started looking for you.

Todd - a boater?  Dude...

Kurt - nice to meet your family finally.  Now I understand how difficult it is to get away for a car day.  Your wife is VERY understanding.

John & Leanne - time for a Tacoma lunch again.  I'll try to get Mitch to come as well (you oughtta see him in a suit!).

It was nice to meet all the folk I met today, and how many here recognize the name Bruce Levin.  Think Bayside Racing.  Think winning 962 driver.  Think Austin Mini with a very unusual hood (for room for the FRONT mounted carbs on a motor with an Ardun cam (Zora ARkus-DUNtov).  Who??  Uh, Corvette...

Thanks Mitch for getting me to go to the show.
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/11 at 9:07pm
Thanks for the great show! 
Here are my photos. Click the desired photo in the mosaic to show a larger version. From there, you can right click through to the full size photo if you wish to download any. 

Here is a link for a fancy slideshow view of all photos. 

Also, here's a special video of my ride in the Cravenspeed 100% electric MINI.

IMG_7937.jpg
IMG_7938.jpg
IMG_7939.jpg
IMG_7940.jpg
IMG_7942.jpg
IMG_7944.jpg
IMG_7945.jpg
IMG_7946.jpg
IMG_7947.jpg
IMG_7948.jpg
IMG_7950.jpg
IMG_7953.jpg
IMG_7954.jpg
IMG_7956.jpg
IMG_7957.jpg
IMG_7958.jpg
IMG_7961.jpg
IMG_7962.jpg
IMG_7963.jpg
IMG_7965.jpg
IMG_7966.jpg
IMG_7968.jpg
IMG_7969.jpg
IMG_7970.jpg
IMG_7971.jpg
IMG_7972.jpg
IMG_7974.jpg
IMG_7975.jpg
IMG_7977.jpg
IMG_7978.jpg
IMG_7979.jpg
IMG_7983.jpg
IMG_7987.jpg
IMG_7991.jpg
IMG_7994.jpg
IMG_7996.jpg
IMG_7997.jpg
IMG_7998.jpg
IMG_7999.jpg
IMG_8000.jpg
IMG_8002.jpg
IMG_8005.jpg
IMG_8006.jpg
IMG_8007.jpg
IMG_8008.jpg
IMG_8010.jpg
IMG_8011.jpg
IMG_8012.jpg
IMG_8013.jpg
IMG_8014.jpg
IMG_8015.jpg
IMG_8017.jpg
IMG_8018.jpg
IMG_8019.jpg
IMG_8020.jpg
IMG_8021.jpg
IMG_8022.jpg
IMG_8023.jpg
IMG_8026.jpg
IMG_8027.jpg
IMG_8028.jpg
IMG_8029.jpg
IMG_8030.jpg
IMG_8033.jpg
TowMater.jpeg
TowMaterHistory.jpg
TowMaterinaParade.jpeg
LMNCELO View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMNCELO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/11 at 9:10pm
Great show, great fun.

Sorry I had to cut out early, but I got to enjoy watching my son win first place in Formula Libre at Pacific Raceway.

However, I had to miss the MINI Awards presentation. Who won??

Gretchen / LMNCELO
Gretchen and LMNCELO: 2005 liquid yellow MCS convertible
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/11 at 9:17pm
I like to think everyone who was there was a winner!Clap
I'm sure someone has a list of the prize winners and will be posting here...

Pat - was just good to see you at a show!  Next time bring your car!

Kurt - nice gallery - I forgot to ask the Craven Speed guy if the Electric Mini has a transimission or if it is shiftless -

Edited by CINIMIN - September/25/11 at 9:23pm
Jack -

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/11 at 10:10pm
What a great show!  Great turnout! 
Thank you so much to everyone who helped put on this event, and to everyone who brought out their MINIs & Minis!

Here some pics of the day (nice photos, Kurt!)

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/11 at 1:46am
Great pics Genie and Kurt!!

Thanks so much everyone for putting this together, I had SUCH a great time. I was talking to some XXX guys at the end and they told me after doing 37 shows a year the MINI show is by far the most fun because everyone is so happy and friendly and fun.

Definitely looking forward to next year. By then Zippy should have some good mods to show off :)
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/11 at 5:19am
We should be able to make it next year!

Thanks for Posting the photosThumbs Up

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Carmen View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/11 at 5:51am
Another great show!

A few more photos.
2008 MCS : almost 92k miles, full Service Bulletin SIM 11 02 07 performed at 63,964 by a Mini dealer. So far, so good.
italianjob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/11 at 3:54pm
Miss you guys!:(

Im in LA now on a 4 days trip.

I hope to see you all soon!

Stefano
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"
FIZGIG View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIZGIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/11 at 9:27pm
I arrived to the show after 3pm and most everyone was gone but I did see the electric car get put on the trailer and I saw the corners car.  Funny that car is alot like my car.  I will make it next year for sure.
Sometimes I wish I were catholic. I don't know why?
Steve518 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve518 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/11 at 6:23am
We had a good time,  enjoyed seeing all of the classics, wish the weather had been slightly better, but all in all a great day.

We did misplace our cover for our folding chair.  Chair is green with yellow stripe, and the cover is green,  any one seen it or know anything about it?? Please let us know,  I'm the other half of Hapa-Haole by the way.

Thanks again, Steve
Husband of Hapa Haole "Brenda"

TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/11 at 8:57am
Thank you for all that participated in the car show. The cars are fun but the people make the event. We have a great group of people and I always look forward to sharing time with you all. Thank you!!

The weather played nice for most of the day. Next year Sun All Day!!

Thank you to all that voted for Twizzlr. She is very proud!!

Karin
Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/11 at 9:31am
It was a great show and thanks to all of you that came out and participated in the day!  We had a wonderful time and we had sunny weather for the most part!  I enjoyed meeting some of our new members and re-connecting with others that have been with the club for a long time. 
Our vendors were great!  Thanks so much to the crew from Seattle MINI, CravenSpeed, Tow Mater, and Liberty Mutual (who partners with MINI USA to provide OEM replacement parts - including windshields!).  Tow Mater was a special treat and I hope everyone had a chance to get the pictures they wanted.  Jack and his wife did an awesome job getting the shots everyone wanted and are great people.  So nice of Kellen to bring up the Electric MINI and glad you got a ride in it, Kurt!

Sorry we missed you Fizgig - we ended up moving the raffle and awards up an hour to beat the squall and allow people to head home a little earlier (Seahawks, Obama, etc....).

So much hard work was done to pull this off.  John O'Melveny and his right hand, Mavourneen, worked very hard to oversee the whole event and managed to get us a great deal on those trophies which were spectacular.  (Would someone post a picture of theirs?)  Others worked hard in the background - Leanne handled the pre-registrations, Karin handled the finances and helped getting everyone parked properly (as soon as I quit interferring), Kurt also was on board in getting prizes and assisting in all the setup and teardown.  Add to that all the volunteers that assisted us day of in doing registration, setup and teardown and just generally being there whenever we needed them and it all went well!  Mavourneen is the Queen of Registrations and Ballot Counting and she had several great people helping in those tasks with Ashley and Leanne being there all day and Brenda stepping in during lunch.  They all worked very hard to make sure that ran efficiently!  John (Slyderone), Steve, Dave, Brenda, Karen, and others all were on hand to make sure we got things set up on time and broken down at the end.  It's awesome to have the resources we did!  And who can ever forget the great job Fred did with the music and announcements!!

I also appreciate the time you all took in answering questions about your cars, the club, and making new people feel welcome.  YOU are what makes this club great!  I'm so proud of all the winners. You certainly earned your victories!

Edited by WOODSTOCK - October/02/11 at 8:54pm
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/11 at 2:07pm
I think this is the first show we've missed since becoming members.  Cry 

Someone (a.k.a. Martin) has this facination with BMW Racing ... since this was the last race of the year, I felt obligated to be at the races.  But, the rain definitely added a new twist to the curves at the track.  Glad to see that the MINI Show didn't suffer from the rain.

Looks like a great time was had by all.  Thanks for all the wonderful pictures. 
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
'13 R60 All4 Oxford Green - HERS
'80 Rover Mini MkVII-EngWh-OURS (really mine!)
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/11 at 3:51pm
Anne, Martin, Vadar & Creampuff,

We Missed YOU!  And, Mini Charley & Stella too!

Glad to see Martin has enjoyed his track time though.

Hope to see ya'll soon.

Cheers!

USA_1_INK View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA_1_INK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/11 at 7:01pm
  Just want to Say Thanks to everyone , Tammy and I had a great time .  She was not expecting the First place Finish in the MINI COOPER CLASS .  Shocked   Thanks   to All , Who put on this Car Show We had a Great Time
  Karl & Tammy
MINIMNT View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MINIMNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/11 at 9:59pm
This was my first PSMINI car show and it was a lot of fun!  Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to put it together.  You all did a wonderful job!  It was a great turnout.  I am tickled that MINIMNT brought home a ribbon, and the Bone Stock trophy was a total surprise.  That's what I love about this club.  All MINIs are welcome and appreciated.  Thanks for letting Elliott help with the raffle.  

A special shout out to Bruce who did ALL the work detailing MINIMNT to get her ready for the show.  I literally could not, would not have done it without him.  Love you, Bruce!

Stacie

Bruce adding photos taken by Stacie (thanks for leaving yourself signed in, sweets!):

Some long shots to show the great turnout.

Moving in a bit.  Also a closeup of the Cravenspeed Electric, and of the beautiful Checkmate!

Classics!  Entered, For Sale, and just attending.

I still can't believe I won a second place ribbon and the "Bone Stock" trophy!

Edited by MINIMNT - September/29/11 at 4:33pm
2003 Silk Green Girly MINI - married to Napoleon II (valvashon)
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/11 at 6:38pm
Steve and I had a great time! I can't give enough thanks to all the volunteers. You all ROCK! Clap

I'm glad that the pop-up tent I brought came into good use protecting PIXEL/Fred Good's sound system during the occasional drizzle. Thanks for being our disc jockey Fred. We enjoyed the music. Big smile

Congrats to all those who entered their MINIs & Minis. I was happy to see a larger turnout of the classics than in previous Triple X shows. It was awesome to see the varieties of old and new. Many kudos for bringing out your beautiful cars even though the weather wasn't that dry. I know my 4+ hours of detail pretty much went out the window as soon as I pulled out of our driveway to head to Issaquah. It was pretty much a mess in less than a mile from our home in Kapowsin (about 60 miles to the XXX Rootbeer Drive-in). Oh well... I know there were a few in the same boat as me (pun intended). LOL At least the interior stayed fairly clean.

Thanks again to all...
Brenda

P.S. Thanks for sharing all the photos! I hope to add mine sometime soon. Also, thanks to the vendors (Craven Speed, Seattle MINI, Liberty Mutual, etc.) who were there as well as Tow Mater. It was especially cool to have pics with Tow Mater and our MINIs. Thank you to whomever arranged these vendors to be present at the show. Thumbs Up

Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/11 at 6:44pm
P.S.S. Does anyone know who the owners of the BRG MCS/R56 that was parked next to me at the show? I forgot the couples' names. I had loaned our green/yellow folding camp chair to them and I think they may have put the bag to our fold-up chair in their MINI. We have the chair but not the bag it came in. Let me know anyone knows their names. - Thank you...
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/11 at 9:38pm
Here's a link to the pics Steve and I took at the car show. Scroll down to the bottom for the most current pics of 2011: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2012599200980.2126156.1423775293&l=9440946815&type=1

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/11 at 10:19pm
Here's a different link to see pics of the car show through Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9394171@N03/sets/72157627673541601/

P1050362
P1050363
IMG_1724
IMG_1726
IMG_1725
IMG_1727
IMG_1728
IMG_1731
IMG_1730
IMG_1732
IMG_1733
IMG_1734
IMG_1735
IMG_1736
IMG_1737
IMG_1738
IMG_1739
IMG_1740
IMG_1741
IMG_1742
IMG_1743
IMG_1744
IMG_1745
IMG_1746
IMG_1747
IMG_1748
IMG_1749
IMG_1750
IMG_1751
IMG_1752
IMG_1753
IMG_1754
IMG_1755
IMG_1756
IMG_1757
IMG_1758
IMG_1759
IMG_1761
IMG_1760
IMG_1762
IMG_1763
IMG_1764
IMG_1765
IMG_1766 - Hapa Haole
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/11 at 4:43pm
Brenda, 
Nice photos!  Thanks for sharing! 

Big smile

WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/11 at 6:29pm
 2011 PSMINI CAR SHOW WINNERS
The winners can be found here: (first one is a PDF, second is a web page) (the web page looks better, btw)
You can click on any of the photos pulled from Flicker thumbnails and it will take you to Kurt's or Brenda's originals. I just pulled from whatever posts I could find.
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/11 at 7:52pm
WOW Lindini - - nice work!  No wonder you have been on the computer all day!

(Not just a list of the winners but pictures of the cars and their ownes!)
Jack -

oxygenated View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxygenated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/11 at 9:12pm
Thanks to the organizers.  I had a great time at my first ever Mini event.  
 Post Reply Post Reply