Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussions > MINI Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - R50, 52 and 53 owners- please read!  Free stuff!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R50, 52 and 53 owners- please read! Free stuff!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R50, 52 and 53 owners- please read! Free stuff!
    Posted: July/02/16 at 3:03pm
What's a MINI Key Hospital without a key blade cutting machine?  Running to the hardware store or locksmith, that's what.  So I've decided to do something about it by obtaining my own key cutting machine!  I've ordered one specifically to cut the "HU92" style blade on first generation MINI keys.  The blade and cuts are different on the second generation cars and I don't need to practice on those at the moment- sorry second gen. owners!

Here's where you come in.  I've never done this before, so I need some practice before I cut the keys of real customers.  I'll do my car and Stacie's, but I'd love to try and duplicate your key as well.  I have quite a few extra blades to practice on and if I manage to cut one that works on both the door and the ignition, it's yours!

It's not easy to lock your keys in a MINI but it can be done.  You can hide this blade on the outside of your car (it's small- it will be just the blade!) or you can keep it in your smalls drawer or in your safe deposit box.  Going for a run?  Tuck this in your sock or whatever and leave your real keys hidden under the seat or something if you are daring.  I don't care what you do with the blade, but it's yours to keep.

The key machine arrives some time this week and I've got real customers waiting so I'd like to get some practice in soon.  We'll see how portable this thing is so I might be able to take it on the road to your place but contact me please and we'll work something out.

Thank you-

Dr. Bruce Hart
MINI Key Hospital

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
CosmicTraveler View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CosmicTraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/16 at 3:24pm
If it's practice that you need, then it shall be practice that you get.  Shout out when you're ready.  Thank you Dr.
   Take It Easy ... Buck

'06 MCS JCW CR/CR
Hammerhead View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammerhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/16 at 4:53pm
Ditto Cosmic Traveler
Dan Ness
"Liberty is not collective, it is personal. All liberty is individual liberty." - Calvin Coolidge
INAMINI View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INAMINI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/16 at 1:21pm
If the offer is still open, I'm interested!
2006 PW/B MCS with NL INAMINI Europlate
          _____
sssssss/__|_\_
ssssss(O)___(O)
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/17 at 11:14am
Do you have replacement wings for 2005-2006 keys? 

J Dubya View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Dubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/17 at 12:28pm
Kinda late for practice now, but are you still offering this service?
-------------------------------

Jim Woodard (J Dubya)
 Post Reply Post Reply